Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to add a line to the end of a set of files without using sed command? Post 302845717 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 22nd of August 2013 06:17:05 AM
Old 08-22-2013
The shell can append with >>:
Code:
for file in $7/$File_Name*
do
  echo "$Last_Record" >> "$file"
done

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

add data from command line to end of file

how can I add data from command line to end of file? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to add 1000 spaces to end of line

hi, could anyone tell me the command to append spaces at the end of the line. for example, i need 1000 spaces after the word "helloworld" echo "helloworld " i need to achieve this in someother way hardcoding 1000 spaces is not practical. as i am totally new... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavithacs
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add white space to the end of a line with sed

Im trying to add 5 blank spaces to the end of each line in a file in a sed script. I can figure out who o put the spaces pretty much anywhere else but at the end. thanks Karl (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlanderson
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed command to change end of line

I am looking to change a data file into a javascript string and this is the code that I am using: sed -i '' -e 's/^/str += "/' -e 's/$/";/' file.xml The first part -e 's/^/str += "/' works as intended, but the second part -e 's/$/";/' adds an additional newline to my file, so that instead of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to use sed to add some parameters at the end of the line

Hello All, I have a doubt in sed, i want to add some parameter at the end of the tag inside a xml tag. how to i do that. so i want to add Results="true" value="high" inside the xml tag. Orignal <execute description="reboot"> <execute description="Stop Servlet"> After adding the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge files and add file name to the end of each line

Hello everybody, I'm trying to merge a lot of files, but I want to include the filename to the end of each line. I've tried to use cat, but I got stuck. My files are for example: file01.001 123456 aaa ddd ee 458741 eee fff ee file02.003 478596 uuu ddd ee 145269 ttt fff ee ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ernesto561
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to set end of line in mail command

Hi , Am trying to send mail using the mail command, but the mail command is working but its not sending automatically after pressing .(dot) in the command prompt it sends . How to achieve that. Also it showing the below line after pressing the dot . /home/abc1/dead.letter... Saved message in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed - Add a variable line to the end of a block beginning with a regex

Hi, Need some help with sed. I have a file that has sections : e.g. a=blah b=blah d=blah e=blah There's many sections in the file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andyatit
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to append word at end of line

hello Team, I am looking for sed command or script which will append word at end of line. for example. I want to validate particular filesystem with mount |<filesystem name> command. if nodev parameter is not there then it should add in the fstab file with receptive to the filesystem. # mount... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghpradeep
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)