Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert csv to excel
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Convert csv to excel Post 302845283 by vbe on Wednesday 21st of August 2013 07:51:27 AM
Old 08-21-2013
Since we dont know what OS you are on, we assume unix...
You will will perhaps need toconvert to DOS format with ux2dos or unix2dos then the "conversion" can be done by excel itself...
( Excel can read csv files hehe)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert Text to Excel

I have some text data generated by a perl script and want to put it into an excel sheet. Is there a perl script that can do this for me, i.e, convert text data to excel? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pavankk
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert to excel

Hi to all the tycoons of Shell programming!! I am getting a csv report out of a query and the report is delimited with '|' symbol. I would like to convert this csv report into an xls column wise.. Let me show u an example as below Say a.csv looks like below Number|Description|Cycle|Date... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert each field to excel

Hi Folks!! I would like to convert each and every output of my query to the excel column wise. Let me give you an example The first attachment (cr.jpg) is the one which i am getting out of a query and the fields are delimited with a '|' (pipe) symbol. I would like to convert each field into a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to convert text/csv to excel

Hello All, I have a sql report with 50 columns and 1000 rows result in a file ( txt / csv). is there is any way that we can move them to excel in KSH. Thanks, Sateesh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert a excel file to a .csv file from unix script

Hi I have a excel file in unix machine and have to convert it into a .csv file.I have to do this from a unix script.How do we do this? Thanks Abhinav (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashtcs
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Excel File to CSV

Hi All, I have to convert the excel file which will be placed in the Unix box to a CSV file using a shell script. Please Advise. Thanks & Regards, Kumar66 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumar66
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert excel file to csv file or text file?

Hi all, I need to find a way to convert excel file into csv or a text file in linux command. The reason is I have hundreds of files to convert. Another complication is the I need to delete the first 5 lines of the excel file before conversion. so for instance input.xls description of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert Excel Files to Xls?

Hi All, I have created a BI Publisher report in Oracle apps R12. It has generated the output with *.EXCEL file extension. I have a shell script to mail this output. in my shell script I have copied this file and saved as *.xls file. But the R12 generated *.EXCEL file is not a real excel... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalidoss
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert excel to csv in python date not display exactly

Hi, Anyone can help I am just converting the excel file to csv using python, I can get the conversion output but the date not display exactly. test.xlsx date format 167 1588 risks/SCS JP CAMPANA & CIE.pdf SCS JP CAMPANA & CIE 2 1 1 0 2015-03-16 16:56:25 167 1146 risks/AirBNB... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fspalero
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert excel to tab

Hello, I have an excel sheet (.xlsx), with 11 worksheets. I need to run my bash scripts on the 1st worksheet and write the output to the 2nd worksheet. I am currently manually converting the worksheet into a tab delimited to run the script and then pasting it back to excel. Is there a way to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nans
2 Replies
unix2dos(1)							   User Commands						       unix2dos(1)

NAME
unix2dos - convert text file from ISO format to DOS format SYNOPSIS
unix2dos [-ascii] [-iso] [-7] [-437 | -850 | -860 | -863 | -865] originalfile convertedfile DESCRIPTION
The unix2dos utility converts ISO standard characters to the corresponding characters in the DOS extended character set. This command may be invoked from either DOS or SunOS. However, the filenames must conform to the conventions of the environment in which the command is invoked. If the original file and the converted file are the same, unix2dos will rewrite the original file after converting it. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -ascii Adds carriage returns and converts end of file characters in SunOS format text files to conform to DOS requirements. -iso This is the default. Converts ISO standard characters to the corresponding character in the DOS extended character set. -7 Converts 8 bit SunOS characters to 7 bit DOS characters. On non-i386 systems, unix2dos will attempt to obtain the keyboard type to determine which code page to use. Otherwise, the default is US. The user may override the code page with one of the following options: -437 Use US code page -850 Use multilingual code page -860 Use Portuguese code page -863 Use French Canadian code page -865 Use Danish code page OPERANDS
The following operands are required: originalfile The original file in ISO format that is being converted to DOS format. convertedfile The new file in DOS format that has been converted from the original ISO file format. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dos2unix(1), ls(1), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
File filename not found, or no read permission The input file you specified does not exist, or you do not have read permission. Check with the SunOS command, ls -l (see ls(1)). Bad output filename filename, or no write permission The output file you specified is either invalid, or you do not have write permission for that file or the directory that contains it. Check also that the drive or diskette is not write-protected. Error while writing to temporary file An error occurred while converting your file, possibly because there is not enough space on the current drive. Check the amount of space on the current drive using the DIR command. Also be certain that the default diskette or drive is write-enabled (not write-pro- tected). Notice that when this error occurs, the original file remains intact. Translated tmpfile name = filename. Could not rename tmpfile to filename. The program could not perform the final step in converting your file. Your converted file is stored under the name indicated on the second line of this message. SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 2000 unix2dos(1)