Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert csv to excel
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Convert csv to excel Post 302845271 by Abhisrajput on Wednesday 21st of August 2013 07:15:55 AM
Old 08-21-2013
Convert csv to excel

Hi All,

I have a csv file in unix and I need to convert it into excel formate.
Please help me out

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert Text to Excel

I have some text data generated by a perl script and want to put it into an excel sheet. Is there a perl script that can do this for me, i.e, convert text data to excel? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pavankk
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert to excel

Hi to all the tycoons of Shell programming!! I am getting a csv report out of a query and the report is delimited with '|' symbol. I would like to convert this csv report into an xls column wise.. Let me show u an example as below Say a.csv looks like below Number|Description|Cycle|Date... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert each field to excel

Hi Folks!! I would like to convert each and every output of my query to the excel column wise. Let me give you an example The first attachment (cr.jpg) is the one which i am getting out of a query and the fields are delimited with a '|' (pipe) symbol. I would like to convert each field into a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to convert text/csv to excel

Hello All, I have a sql report with 50 columns and 1000 rows result in a file ( txt / csv). is there is any way that we can move them to excel in KSH. Thanks, Sateesh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert a excel file to a .csv file from unix script

Hi I have a excel file in unix machine and have to convert it into a .csv file.I have to do this from a unix script.How do we do this? Thanks Abhinav (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashtcs
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Excel File to CSV

Hi All, I have to convert the excel file which will be placed in the Unix box to a CSV file using a shell script. Please Advise. Thanks & Regards, Kumar66 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumar66
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert excel file to csv file or text file?

Hi all, I need to find a way to convert excel file into csv or a text file in linux command. The reason is I have hundreds of files to convert. Another complication is the I need to delete the first 5 lines of the excel file before conversion. so for instance input.xls description of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert Excel Files to Xls?

Hi All, I have created a BI Publisher report in Oracle apps R12. It has generated the output with *.EXCEL file extension. I have a shell script to mail this output. in my shell script I have copied this file and saved as *.xls file. But the R12 generated *.EXCEL file is not a real excel... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalidoss
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert excel to csv in python date not display exactly

Hi, Anyone can help I am just converting the excel file to csv using python, I can get the conversion output but the date not display exactly. test.xlsx date format 167 1588 risks/SCS JP CAMPANA & CIE.pdf SCS JP CAMPANA & CIE 2 1 1 0 2015-03-16 16:56:25 167 1146 risks/AirBNB... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fspalero
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert excel to tab

Hello, I have an excel sheet (.xlsx), with 11 worksheets. I need to run my bash scripts on the 1st worksheet and write the output to the 2nd worksheet. I am currently manually converting the worksheet into a tab delimited to run the script and then pasting it back to excel. Is there a way to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nans
2 Replies
py_xls2csv(1)						      General Commands Manual						     py_xls2csv(1)

NAME
py_xls2csv - convert an Excel xls file to a comma separated value csv file SYNOPSIS
py_xls2csv input-file DESCRIPTION
This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. py_xls2csv takes an Excel xls file as an argument and converts it to a comma separated value csv file. Output is sent to stdout. Additional utility scripts can be found in the tools/ directory. OPTIONS
This program does not take any command line options. AUTHOR
pyexcelerator and py_xls2csv were written by Roman V. Kiseliov <roman@kiseliov.ru>. This manual page was written by Kevin Coyner <kcoyner@debian.org> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. SEE-ALSO pyexcelerator(1), py_xls2txt(1), py_xls2html(1) October 12, 2006 py_xls2csv(1)