Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 massive SMF log file Post 302844829 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 20th of August 2013 06:10:56 AM
Old 08-20-2013
I would keep the very end of the log and delete the rest:

Code:

tail -n-1000 /var/svc/log/milestone-multi-user-server:default.log.0 > /var/svc/log/milestone-multi-user-server:default.log.0

This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Boot problem with SMF svcs-Solaris 10 for x86

Hi All, I am newbie in solaris, please guide me. A week before i installed solaris10 on my x86 system, it was working fine i always used "init 5" to shutdown my system as per my collegue advice. But yesterday when i started my system it gave me following message ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: imrankhan.in
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Permission denied in SMF service log

I can't get the exact error message because I am at home, but on Solaris 10u5 machine I have at work, a few services are stuck in the maintenance state with the following error message in the individual service logs (/var/svc/log/FMRI:instance.log): Cannot chdir: permission denied Fortunately... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilikecows
2 Replies

3. Solaris

SMF in Solaris 10

In SOlaris 9 for eg, inside the /etc/init.d/inetsvc file, you can set the tcp tracing by going to the last line and adding the following as :- inetd -s -t & In Solaris 10, I know we can use the svccfg to do it or with the inetadm command. When I use inetadm -m command to set the tcp tracing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Can solaris 10 SMF use remote dependencies

I have a customer who wants us to set up their applications to start using the solaris 10 SMF. One of their applications requires that 3 database instances are up and running, but those instances are on 3 separate servers. I can't think of any way that this can be done from what I have read on my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkruck
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to change default log location of SMF registered processes.

Hi All, I am trying to change default log location ( var/logs/svc/<component>) of each and evry SMF registered processes and append to particular file (/opt/smf.log) . Please help ................. Thanks in advance !!! Gyan prakash (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gyan_198
5 Replies

6. Solaris

SMF in Solaris wont write to stderr/stdout ?

Hi, I got a process (c written) that we usually run this way : EmsChkQu >> /EMS/log/EmsChkQu.log 2>&1 When trying to use it as a service I defined it this way : <?xml version='1.0'?> <!DOCTYPE service_bundle SYSTEM '/usr/share/lib/xml/dtd/service_bundle.dtd.1'> <service_bundle... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zionassedo
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Massive ftp

friends good morning FTP works perfect but I have a doubt if I want to transport 10 files, I imagine that I should not open 10 connections as I can transfer more than 1 file? ftp -n <<!EOF open caburga user ephfact ephfact cd /users/efactura/docONE/entrada bin mput EPH`date... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
16 Replies
grablogs.conf(4)						   File Formats 						  grablogs.conf(4)

NAME
grablogs.conf - grablogs configuration for libgrablogs.so of the plugins of gnome-system-log file SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/grablogs.conf DESCRIPTION
The libgrablogs.so is a plugin for gnome-system-log(1), it colloct the log files from the system as many as possible. grablogs.conf is a configuration file that contains a set of lines mixed with sh(1) syntax codes and individual log files. libgrablogs.so will read the file try to get a log files list for gnome-system-log(1). Users can copy the file into $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p` to overwrite the system default one. The grablogs.conf file contains the following configuration categories: [configs] Each line under this category is interpreted as a config file of System. The plugin will open the config file and try to find all system paths of the logs. [commands] Each line under this category is interpreted as a shell command and will be execute through a pipe. And each line of the out- put of the command will be interpreted as a log path. [logs] Each line under this category is interpreted as a log path. FILES
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/grablogs.conf The system default configuration file for the plugin libgrablogs.so $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p`/grablogs.conf The user specific configuration file for the plugin libgrablogs.so EMAMPLE
[configs] /etc/syslog.conf [commands] for i in `svcs -aH -o FMRI | grep -v lrc `; do svcprop -p restarter/logfile $i 2>/dev/null || svcprop -q -p restarter/alt_logfile $i 2>/dev/null ; done [logs] /var/log/messages /var/log/secure /var/log/maillog /var/log/cron /var/log/Xorg.0.log /var/log/XFree86.0.log /var/log/auth.log /var/log/cups/error_log SEE ALSO
gnome-system-log(1), pipelog.conf(1) gnome-utils 2.16.0 13 Oct 2006 grablogs.conf(4)