Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Terminator for SunOS 5.10
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Terminator for SunOS 5.10 Post 302844549 by Corona688 on Monday 19th of August 2013 11:33:24 AM
Old 08-19-2013
Not everything, just the source code.

If you click on the 'source' tab on that webpage, it tells you how to get the source code. It's not a direct download link, it uses a revision control system, svn.

You compile it probably by cd-ing into its directory and doing
Code:
./configure
make

It may have less generic instructions inside a file named INSTALL or README or the like.

You will need to have a C compiler installed.

Once you've successfully compiled it, you can probably do sudo make install to install it (sudo since it needs root, unlike the above steps) but be careful to watch what it installs where in case you need to get rid of it or alter it.

Last edited by Corona688; 08-19-2013 at 12:50 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adding line terminator

Can someone help , how to add a terminator at the end of each line through shell command. ex: input file: abc xyz2 outputfile (terminator is !) abc! xyz2! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thanuman
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migration of binary file from Sunos 5.8 to Sunos 5.9

I have compiled binary file using "cc" on SunOS 5.8 and the same binary file i have copied to SunOS 5.9 and it is giving me core dump error.I want to know whether migration of compiled code from lower version to higer version created this problem. how can i solve this problem.I am pasting the core... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arvind Maurya
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line Terminator

Hi Guys, This is Narasa i am new to this forum.I am very proud to join this forum. I have a question on Line termination for fixed length file. We got a file from mainframe having fixed length of 587 but when i extract the zip file with notepad it looks like continuous line with out any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: narasa
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

<< terminator not found error

I am using the following script. I am basically trying to enter data to my database using a storeprocedure. PFB MY script. #!/bin/csh -f foreach FF (`cat ADDUSERS`) isql -VENKIDB -U gloss -P glosss << _endl set nocount on go use VENKI_PROD go print "Adding the user to GSTB... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkidhadha
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Record terminator on alternate line

Hello All, I have csv file like this 1,"suzi","305 Barehills","Vancover",34256 2,"molly","456 beverleyhills","Minisotta",234876 I want to put a customized record terminator on every alternate lines of this file. The file is a input to database and the record terminator is by default... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
3 Replies
csp_helper(1)							  USER COMMANDS 						     csp_helper(1)

NAME
      csp_helper - A collection of caspar helper scripts

SYNOPSIS
      csp_install dir (directory) file (file)

csp_mkdircp dir (directory) file (file)

csp_scp_keep_mode h ([user@]host) dir (directory) file (file)

csp_sucp h ([user@]host) dir (directory) file (file)

DESCRIPTION
      The  scripts  csp_install,  csp_mkdircp,	csp_scp_keep_mode  and csp_sucp are helpers for caspar(7). These scripts typically are not invoked
      directly, but via a Makefile which uses caspar. See the notes on	csp_PUSH  in  caspar(7)  for  information  on  how  to	link  csp_install,
      csp_scp_keep_mode and csp_sucp to caspar.

install DESCRIPTION
      csp_install creates the required directory (if needed) and installs the file, preserving timestamps. It uses install(1).

install EXAMPLES
       csp_INSTALL_OPTIONS='--owner=www-data --group=www-data' 
	csp_INSTALL_MODE=ugo=r 
	csp_install /srv/www index.html

csp_INSTALL_MODE=u=rwx,go= csp_install /usr/local/sbin mkpasswd

install ENVIRONMENT
      csp_install honors csp_INSTALL_OPTIONS and csp_INSTALL_MODE (default is u=rw,go=r).

mkdircp DESCRIPTION
      csp_mkdircp calls mkdir(1) and cp(1).

scp_keep_mode DESCRIPTION
      csp_scp_keep_mode  uses  ssh to copy a file to a remote host, keeping its file permission mode. The trick used is a combination of mktemp(1)
      and mv(1).  Useful if you'd like to be sure a file gets installed e.g. group writable, without fiddling with permission bits on  the  remote
      host.

scp_keep_mode EXAMPLE
	chmod g+w rc
	csp_scp_keep_mode root@gandalf /etc/uruk rc

scp_keep_mode ENVIRONMENT
      csp_scp_keep_mode honors csp_SSH ("ssh" by default).

sucp DESCRIPTION
      csp_sucp calls cat(1) from within sudo(1) from within ssh(1). This allows one to copy files to accounts on hosts one can only reach by call-
      ing sudo on the ssh-reachable remote host.

Typically, one wants to install a root-owned file, but one does not want to allow access to the root-account directly  from  ssh.  Typically
      sudo is used as an extra line of defense.

sucp EXAMPLES
      Some examples:

csp_sucp rms@bilbo /etc fstab

csp_sucp monty-python commit/ trailer.txt

sucp BUGS
      If  NOPASSWD  is	not  set in the sudoers(5) file, and one's timestamp is expired, csp_sucp will forward the sudo password prompt. The given
      password will be echoed on the console!

AUTHOR
      Joost van Baal-Ili

SEE ALSO
      caspar(7) The caspar homepage is at http://mdcc.cx/caspar/ .

csp_helper 20120514						      14 mai 2012						       csp_helper(1)