Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Terminator for SunOS 5.10
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Terminator for SunOS 5.10 Post 302844408 by hicksd8 on Monday 19th of August 2013 07:44:22 AM
Old 08-19-2013
The jessies terminal emulator can be downloaded pre-built for operating systems such as Windows and various Linux flavors, but not Solaris 5.10 AFAIK.

You will need to download the source and compile it.

https://code.google.com/p/jessies/

or

Terminator
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adding line terminator

Can someone help , how to add a terminator at the end of each line through shell command. ex: input file: abc xyz2 outputfile (terminator is !) abc! xyz2! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thanuman
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migration of binary file from Sunos 5.8 to Sunos 5.9

I have compiled binary file using "cc" on SunOS 5.8 and the same binary file i have copied to SunOS 5.9 and it is giving me core dump error.I want to know whether migration of compiled code from lower version to higer version created this problem. how can i solve this problem.I am pasting the core... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arvind Maurya
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line Terminator

Hi Guys, This is Narasa i am new to this forum.I am very proud to join this forum. I have a question on Line termination for fixed length file. We got a file from mainframe having fixed length of 587 but when i extract the zip file with notepad it looks like continuous line with out any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: narasa
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

<< terminator not found error

I am using the following script. I am basically trying to enter data to my database using a storeprocedure. PFB MY script. #!/bin/csh -f foreach FF (`cat ADDUSERS`) isql -VENKIDB -U gloss -P glosss << _endl set nocount on go use VENKI_PROD go print "Adding the user to GSTB... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkidhadha
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Record terminator on alternate line

Hello All, I have csv file like this 1,"suzi","305 Barehills","Vancover",34256 2,"molly","456 beverleyhills","Minisotta",234876 I want to put a customized record terminator on every alternate lines of this file. The file is a input to database and the record terminator is by default... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
3 Replies
PODBEUTER(1)															      PODBEUTER(1)

NAME
podbeuter - a podcast download manage for text terminals SYNOPSIS
podbeuter [-C configfile] [-q queuefile] [-a] [-h] DESCRIPTION
podbeuter is a podcast manager for text terminals. It is a helper program to newsbeuter which queues podcast downloads into a file. These queued downloads can then be download with newsbeuter. OPTIONS
-h Display help -C configfile Use an alternative configuration file -q queuefile Use an alternative queue file -a Start automatic download of all queued files on startup PODCAST SUPPORT
A podcast is a media file distributed over the internet using syndication feeds such as RSS, for later playback on portable players or computers. Newsbeuter contains support for downloading and saving podcasts. This support differs a bit from other podcast aggregators or "podcatchers" in how it is done. Podcast content is transported in RSS feeds via special tags called "enclosures". Newsbeuter recognizes these enclosures and stores the relevant information for every podcast item it finds in an RSS feed. Since version 2.0, it also recognizes and handles the Yahoo Media RSS extensions. What the user then can do is to add the podcast download URL to a download queue. Alternatively, newsbeuter can be configured to automatically do that. This queue is stored in the file $HOME/.newsbeuter/queue. The user can then use the download manager "podbeuter" to download these files to a directory on the local filesystem. Podbeuter comes with the newsbeuter package, and features a look and feel very close to the one of newsbeuter. It also shares the same configuration file. Podcasts that have been downloaded but haven't been played yet remain in the queue but are marked as downloaded. You can remove them by purging them from the queue with the P key. After you've played a file and close podbeuter, it will be removed from the queue. The downloaded file remains on the filesystem. CONFIGURATION COMMANDS
download-path (parameters: <path>; default value: ~/) Specifies the directory where podbeuter shall download the files to. Optionally, the placeholders "%n" (for the podcast feed's name) and "%h" (for the podcast feed's hostname) can be used to place downloads in a directory structure. (example: download-path "~/Downloads/%h/%n") max-downloads (parameters: <number>; default value: 1) Specifies the maximum number of parallel downloads when automatic download is enabled. (example: max-downloads 3) player (parameters: <player command>; default value: "") Specifies the player that shall be used for playback of downloaded files. (example: player "mp3blaster") FILES
$HOME/.newsbeuter/config $HOME/.newsbeuter/queue SEE ALSO
newsbeuter(1). The documentation that comes with newsbeuter is a good source about the general use and configuration of newsbeuter's podcast support. AUTHORS
Andreas Krennmair <ak@newsbeuter.org>, for contributors see AUTHORS file. 06/23/2011 PODBEUTER(1)