Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script for validation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script for validation Post 302844376 by sv0081493 on Monday 19th of August 2013 05:46:33 AM
Old 08-19-2013
Script for validation

Hi,

I need a script which do below

I have one process which runs 24*7 daily and I always has to monitor it now i want to have this automated such that if it stops at anytime we get a exception mail.

For example i use ps -ef|grep 'etl'
above command gives me the desired output.

What i am thinking is like to run this script using cron which will run in evry 5 minutes.

So i need a validation script which works like if my process stops it will throw an exception via mail and will be able to start it immediately.

Please advise.

Many thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in file validation by shell script

Hi I am new to this forum.I need a help in the following: We receve pipe delimited file with transaction ID,tran_date,Quest_cd,Ans_cd,ans_value. Same transaction ID can be repeated with different quest_cd and ans_cd. Basically I need to check if a perticular pair of quest_cd and ans_cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srichakra
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script Validation

Hi, I have a UNIX script which has two parts: 1. It connects to a database and refreshes a materialized view 2. It then connects to another database and inserts refresh statistics to a table The script works, but I'm not too good at UNIX validation. Currently, if the first part of the job... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matchey
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ISQL connectivity validation in script

1. Is there a way to validate ISQL connectivity in shell script(ksh) before executing any queries..? 2.what is the best way to handle NULL from ISQL restult assigned to a script variable ?(if ISQL connectivity fails) rowCount=`/sybase/OCS-12_5/bin/isql -S $serverName -H $hostInfo -D $dbName -U... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validation in shell script.

PICKUPDIR=/home/ready/ DROPDIR=/home/downloaded/ TODAY=$(date '+%d%m%y') LOGFILE=xyz-$TODAY.log ########### #FUNCTIONS# ########### #function to perform file transfer to servercopy folder opalO () { cd $PICKUPDIR for fileName in `ls -1 TES_ONE*` do cp $fileName $DROPDIR done } >>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravigupta2u
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script validation using process.

Hi All, I have a shell script in Linux and it will be invoked by 2 methods, 1) An automated background process . 2) Logining into the box and directly executing the script. I need to put a validation in my shell script such that it will be executed successfully on when an... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vininx
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String validation in shell script

Hi All, I am a newbie...I would like to have a function which ll check if a file contains valid strings before "=" operator. Just to give you my requirement: assume my file has content: hello= gsdgsd sfdsg sgdsg sgdgdg world= gggg hhhh iiiii xxxx= pppp ppppp pppp my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rtagarra
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Application Validation Script

Hi I am going to write a script in unix that shall include code to check status of server, dmgr,db connection .Can some one assist me in determining anything else needed to automate application status . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinil
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script help on sudo access validation

hello I need help on this. The input is this. server system account name DBA account name x a p y b q z c r so i would like to check the sudo of the user is done or not. this is what i do to check it 1. login as root on server x 2.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kiran008
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Validation to be added in the shell script

I need help with one of my shell script. The script is working fine but i need to add two condition - i need to get rid of all the below ftp messages and need to have only ftp completed or failed message. example when i run the script i get below lines - Connected to xxxx 220 (vsFTPd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandraprakash
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with validation of URLs in shell script

hello every one I wrote the script to validate all the urls from my server . sourcing text file which contains the list of urls and trying to check every url and based on response printing url is up or not. the issue when i use the below code with url is printing url exist and and in loop it's... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markjohn1
3 Replies
service(8)						      System Manager's Manual							service(8)

NAME
service - run a System V init script SYNOPSIS
service SCRIPT COMMAND [OPTIONS] service --status-all service --help | -h | --version DESCRIPTION
service runs a System V init script in as predictable an environment as possible, removing most environment variables and with the current working directory set to /. The SCRIPT parameter specifies a System V init script, located in /etc/init.d/SCRIPT. The supported values of COMMAND depend on the invoked script. service passes COMMAND and OPTIONS to the init script unmodified. All scripts should support at least the start and stop commands. As a special case, if COMMAND is --full-restart, the script is run twice, first with the stop command, then with the start com- mand. service --status-all runs all init scripts, in alphabetical order, with the status command. EXIT CODES
service calls the init script and returns the status returned by it. FILES
/etc/init.d The directory containing System V init scripts. ENVIRONMENT
LANG, TERM The only environment variables passed to the init scripts. SEE ALSO
/etc/init.d/skeleton, update-rc.d(8), init(8), invoke-rc.d(8). Jan 2006 service(8)