Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to copy a file from one server to anther server and execute the binary Post 302844365 by Nawrajesh on Monday 19th of August 2013 04:14:28 AM
Old 08-19-2013
Shell script to copy a file from one server to anther server and execute the binary

Hi ,

Is there any script to copy a files (weblogic bianary + silent.xml ) from one server (linux) to another servers and then execute the copy file.
We want to copy a file on multiple servers and run the installation.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to move a file from one server to another server using FTP in shell script?

I have a file --> file1.txt i need to copy this file to another server using FTP....the 2 servers are server1 and server2..may i know how to write a script that can do this? thanks in advance! Im a newbie to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

execute a script on test server from dev server

I need to execute a script from dev server which is located on Test server.I can use ftp to connect to dev server and from there how can i execute a command on test server. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukatru
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for FTP a file from one server to another server

Hi Can any one help me for script. I need a script and this script has to execute daily to move the files. FTP from one server to another server EX: Sep 10 06:24 abc.txt Sep 11 06.56 abc.txt Sep 12 08.23 abc.txt these files are located at a/b/c/e/f in 123 server and copy... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahantysk
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute shell script in another server that contain sql.

hi all, how to execute shell script in another server that contain sql script. i tried using "ssh -l" option.. but i am unable to load the environment variable of the remote host. please suggest how execute the shell script contain sql part inside it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep909
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to Copy files from one Windows server to another Windows server.

Can anybody please help me on how to code for the below requirement: I need to write a shell script (on different unix server) to copy files from multiple folders (ex. BRN-000001) from one windows server (\\boldls-mwe-dev4)to a different windows server(\\rrwin-ewhd04.ecomad.int). This shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravsJaya
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh command to execute shell script in another server

ssh -q <hostname> /opt/tcs/satish/tst.ksh ssh -q <anotherserver> /opt/tcs/satish/tst.ksh tst.ksh has "nohup <command> & " when i execute below script , its throwing error as nohup can not be found ssh -q <anotherserver> /opt/tcs/satish/tst.ksh > log & can someone let me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

i want to execute shell script on remote server with in sftp session

Hi, I want to execute shell script with in sftp session for remote server. like i have a shell script test.sh that is on local server.i want to execute that script on remote server sftp user@192.168.56.10 sftp> test.sh ---execute for remote server not for local server. sftp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SAUD PASHA
3 Replies

8. Solaris

How to copy a binary from one server and paste it to another server?

How to copy a binary from one server and paste it to another server? Please help... On server A there is a binary with size 0...I need to copy a binary from server B and replace the 0 size binary on Server A. Kindly Help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahul466
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a shell script that resides in another server?

hi, i have a shellscipt that is in another server, my question is how do i run the script from a different server. EXAMPLE: SCRIPT_NAME: sample.sh SERVER: A what i wanted to achieve is to call that script from server B. Tried using ssh ssh <username>@serverB /home/sample.sh but... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reignangel2003
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a shell script in UNIX server from Cygwin

Hi All, We have shell scripts in UNIX ( Sun OS ) server. Also in my windows machine i have Cygwin installed. Now is there a way to execute Shell script available in UNIX server from Cygwin? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
4 Replies
YPXFR(8)						       NIS Reference Manual							  YPXFR(8)

NAME
ypxfr - transfer NIS database from remote server to local host SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/yp/ypxfr [-f] [-c] [-d target domain] [-h source host] [-s source domain] [-C taskid program-number ipaddr port] [-p yp_path] mapname... DESCRIPTION
ypxfr copies an NIS database from one NIS server to the local host by using the NIS service. ypxfr is generally invoked by ypinit or by ypserv, when ypserv receives a map transfer request from yppush. It creates a temporary map in the directory /var/yp/domain (this directory must already exist; domain is the default domainname for the local host), fills it by getting the map's entries and fetches the map parameters (master and order number). If the transfer was successful, the old version of the map will be deleted and the temporary copy will be moved into its place. Then, ypxfr will attempt to send a "clear current map" request to the local ypserv. If run interactively, ypxfr writes its output to stderr. However, if it is invoked without a controlling terminal, it will log the output to syslog. ypxfr is used primarily in environments where several NIS servers are in use. For all maps, you have a NIS master server, which maintains a canonical copy of the NIS map, and all the other servers, the NIS slaves, copy the new version of the map from the master whenever a update was made. Normally, you have one NIS master for all maps. In order to maintain consistency across all NIS servers, ypxfr can be run periodically in a cron job. Maps which change infrequently need only be updated once a day (preferably late at night when system usage is lowest), where those with frequent changes (such as passwd.byname and passwd.byuid ) should be updated perhaps once every hour. Examples are in /usr/lib/yp: ypxfr_1perday, ypxfr_2perday, and ypxfr_1perhour. They can serve as reasonable first cuts. Normally all updates should be propagated by yppush when /var/yp/Makefile is run on the NIS master server, however it is a good practice on large networks where possible outages could cause NIS slaves to fall out of sync with the master. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -f Force a map transfer. Normally, ypxfr will not transfer a map if it determines that the NIS master's copy is not newer than the existing copy already on the local host. This flag forces a transfer regardless of which server's version is more recent. -c Do not send a "clear current map" request to the ypserv process running on the local host. This flag is normally used when invoking ypxfr by ypinit or if ypserv is not running locally at the time you are running ypxfr. Otherwise, ypxfr will complain that it cannot talk to the local ypserv, and the transfer will fail. -d domain Specify a domain other than the default NIS domain. -h source host Get the map from host, regardless of what the map says the master is. If host is not specified, ypxfr asks the NIS service for the name of the master, and tries to get the map from there. This option is used to insure that ypxfr only copies maps from the NIS master server. -s source domain Specify a source domain from which to transfer a map that should be the same across domains. -C taskid progam-number ipaddr port This option is only for use by ypserv . When ypserv invokes ypxfr, it specifies that ypxfr should call back a yppush process at the host with IP address ipaddr, registered as program number progam-number, listening on port port, and waiting for a response to transaction taskid. -p yp_path Change the directory for the maps to yp_path/[domainname]/, the default is /var/yp/[domainname]. mapname One or more names of the map to transfer. FILES
/var/yp/[domainname]/[maps] SEE ALSO
ypserv(8), yppush(8), ypinit(8), cron(8), crontab(5) AUTHOR
Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@linux-nis.org> NIS Reference Manual 04/02/2009 YPXFR(8)