Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dealing with sum
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Dealing with sum Post 302844198 by radius on Saturday 17th of August 2013 04:42:05 AM
Old 08-17-2013
it wont work sir..any suggestion?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in dealing with arra

I am readinga file lin by line and based craeting a arry of unique elemenst from the second column of the line. However when i coem out of the while loop my array becomes empty , can eny one tell me what I would be doing wrong #!/bin/bash logfile="./mylog.dat" begin=100 end="$(( $begin +... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojan
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dealing with log files

Hi , My requirement is that i need to search for a number of strings in a log file and print them with line numbers.The search should be date wise. The sample log file is : Jan 17 02:45:34 srim6165 MQSIv500: (UKBRKR1P_B.LZ_ BENCHMARKS)BIP2648E: Message backed out to a queue; node... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charudpss
6 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

webinject - dealing with popups

Hello We have a webapp that launches a link in a popup. We need to use webinject to check the content of that popup but have been so far unsuccessful. We use webinject as a nagios plugin. Does anyone have any experience of using/configuring webinject and know if this is possible or not? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skewbie
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dealing with files with spaces in the name

Hello, I'm a computer science major and I'm having problems dealing with file names with spaces in them. Particularly I'm saving a file name in a variable and then using the variable in a compare function i.e. a='te xt.txt' b='file2.txt' cmp $a $b If anyone could help me with this particular... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakethegreycat
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print sum and relative value of the sum

Hi i data looks like this: student 1 Subject1 45 55 Subject2 44 55 Subject3 33 44 // student 2 Subject1 45 55 Subject2 44 55 Subject3 33 44 i would like to sum $2, $3 (marks) and divide each entry in $2 and $3 with their respective sums and print for each student as $4 and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saint2006
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp not dealing with variable properly? please help

I am having trouble with a script that is supposed to : a)take all the jpg pictures in a given directory/parameter and create thumbnails of it in a directory on the desktop. e.g from /here/are/the/files.jpg to ~/Desktop/parser-the/files.png this is my script: all the individual parts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orochinagi
2 Replies

7. Programming

Need help with Card Dealing Program

I'm currently making a card dealing program, it is suppose to display a list of cards like this: "Ace of Heart, is red" "Two of Heart, is red" . . "Ace of Spade, is black" and so on for all suits and numbers. here is my current code: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Izzy123
3 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Dealing with geany core

Geany : Home Page, the text editor, sometimes crashes and leaves a geany.core file. This is a binary file and supposedly contains all unsaved work and possibly some other information. Does anyone know how to deal with this file? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

9. Slackware

Dealing with lilo and uefi

Recently I have been trying to boot into slackware on a new laptop that came preinstalled with windows 8. I have successfully installed slackware and Lilo, but I have had great difficult attempting to boot into it. Since the laptop contains no optical drive, I have been attempting to boot into... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a sandwhich
2 Replies

10. Programming

Dealing with XML comments

I'm writing my own simple XML parser as an experiment. It's a lot more complicated than it's supposed to be. Things supposedly forbidden in XML comments happen all the time in the wild. You're never, ever supposed to find -- inside <!-- xml comments --> but in practice, you don't just find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
2 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)