Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to stop the uprintfd daemon? Post 302844088 by Scott on Friday 16th of August 2013 11:01:14 AM
Old 08-16-2013
You could help others by posting the answer!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

daemon

I want to write background running program. How to use daemon function. Please send me source code. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bat_oyu
1 Replies

2. Programming

Creating a Daemon

how to convert a c program into a Daemon. thanks in advance svh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svh
2 Replies

3. Solaris

daemon dies, need to know why

Say I have a daemon that dies for an unknown reason. Is there a way to track its process ID to try to determine when it dies and what causes it to go away? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Silver11
2 Replies

4. Linux

daemon process

how i will write the daemon process,if any body have sample daemon process send me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh_rupineni
1 Replies

5. Solaris

editing syslog to stop a particular daemon logging

Hi there I get the following message im my messages file 2 or 3 times a second Dec 4 11:44:18 my-box in.timed: connect from localhost I would like to stop in.timed from logging to syslog altogether as this message is filling up my disk. I dont want to stop daemon.info altogether... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to stop others users to stop viewing what i am doing ?

Hi , I have one question, suppose i am a normal user and when i use 'w' command , it shows who is logged on and what they are doing . Now i want to stop others users to know what i am doing accept the root ? can i do this ? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobile01
5 Replies

7. Programming

Daemon

i want to write a daemon service which listens the 8080 port and write down all the details in one file. How can i do this ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Daemon 101

I think I have an issue almost like Sammy_T's. I want to make a piece of code run as a daemon. I have some java, along with it 15 classpath's converted to a shell script that I can "runmyjavap". The script is just what I need to run after compiling it: #!/bin/sh java -classpath : ...(from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Miller_K
3 Replies

9. Solaris

NFS Daemon

I'm setting up a solaris server at home. At the moment I have to keep running: /etc/init.d/nfs.server start To start my NFS server process. Is there anything I can do to make this happen automatically at boot? Many thanks in anticipation. Stin. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stin
4 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

about mountd daemon ?

Manually we can stop the daemon by stopsrc command other-than this In which case mountd daemon will crash automatically. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: t.balamurugan
1 Replies