Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to stop the uprintfd daemon? Post 302844088 by Scott on Friday 16th of August 2013 11:01:14 AM
Old 08-16-2013
You could help others by posting the answer!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

daemon

I want to write background running program. How to use daemon function. Please send me source code. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bat_oyu
1 Replies

2. Programming

Creating a Daemon

how to convert a c program into a Daemon. thanks in advance svh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svh
2 Replies

3. Solaris

daemon dies, need to know why

Say I have a daemon that dies for an unknown reason. Is there a way to track its process ID to try to determine when it dies and what causes it to go away? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Silver11
2 Replies

4. Linux

daemon process

how i will write the daemon process,if any body have sample daemon process send me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh_rupineni
1 Replies

5. Solaris

editing syslog to stop a particular daemon logging

Hi there I get the following message im my messages file 2 or 3 times a second Dec 4 11:44:18 my-box in.timed: connect from localhost I would like to stop in.timed from logging to syslog altogether as this message is filling up my disk. I dont want to stop daemon.info altogether... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to stop others users to stop viewing what i am doing ?

Hi , I have one question, suppose i am a normal user and when i use 'w' command , it shows who is logged on and what they are doing . Now i want to stop others users to know what i am doing accept the root ? can i do this ? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobile01
5 Replies

7. Programming

Daemon

i want to write a daemon service which listens the 8080 port and write down all the details in one file. How can i do this ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Daemon 101

I think I have an issue almost like Sammy_T's. I want to make a piece of code run as a daemon. I have some java, along with it 15 classpath's converted to a shell script that I can "runmyjavap". The script is just what I need to run after compiling it: #!/bin/sh java -classpath : ...(from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Miller_K
3 Replies

9. Solaris

NFS Daemon

I'm setting up a solaris server at home. At the moment I have to keep running: /etc/init.d/nfs.server start To start my NFS server process. Is there anything I can do to make this happen automatically at boot? Many thanks in anticipation. Stin. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stin
4 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

about mountd daemon ?

Manually we can stop the daemon by stopsrc command other-than this In which case mountd daemon will crash automatically. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: t.balamurugan
1 Replies
gdm-restart(1m)                                                    User Commands                                                   gdm-restart(1m)

NAME
gdm-restart, gdm-safe-restart, gdm-stop - stop or restart GDM SYNOPSIS
gdm-restart gdm-safe-restart gdm-stop DESCRIPTION
gdm-restart stops and restarts GDM by sending a HUP signal to the GDM daemon. This command immediately terminates all sessions and logs out users currently logged in with GDM. gdm-safe-restart stops and restarts GDM by sending a USR1 signal to the GDM daemon. GDM is restarted as soon as all users log out. gdm-stop stops GDM by sending a TERM signal to the GDM daemon. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gdm-restart Executable to stop and restart GDM /usr/bin/gdm-safe-restarExecutable to stop and restart GDM safely /usr/bin/stop Executable to stop GDM ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-display-mgr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gdm(1), gdmXnestchooser(1), gdmflexiserver(1), gdmphotosetup(1), gdmsetup(1), gdmthemetester(1), gdmconfig(1m) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 1 Sep 2004 gdm-restart(1m)