Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SU and Standard Output
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SU and Standard Output Post 302844078 by ahamed101 on Friday 16th of August 2013 10:09:39 AM
Old 08-16-2013
Try typing in
Code:
stty echo

--ahamed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Standard output not redirected from /bin/sh

I have an application which has a lot of cout & cerr statements. This application also opens a log file (for eg a.log). When this application is run from the inittab file as follows /bin/sh -c " . /etc/timezone; exec /test" all the cout & cerr statements are printed in the log file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soorajmu
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Standard Output

When I run a third parties program from the command line (this program basically list's a whole load of stuff) and write the output to a file it splits the output, i.e. in the middle of the file appears the exit command. If I don't redirect the output and write it to tty then the output is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbrundrett
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Standard output and redirection

Hello, Is is possible to redirect stdout to a file as well as to the console/screen or display in ksh. any thoughts suggestions/input is appreciated. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rewriting standard output lines

Hello I'm curious about how to get a bash script to rewrite a line of standard output. For example, many programs track their progress by writing percentages on the screen: Precent Done: 60% That line gets updated periodically to reflect the status.. My question, is how do we do this, as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: neked
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command Output to Standard Input

Hi All, How do I provide the output of a command to another command which is waiting for an input from the user ? Ex : I need to login to a device via telnet. In the script, initially I use the "read" command to get the IP Address, Username and Password of the device from the user. Now,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sushant172
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect Standard output and standard error into spreadsheet

Hey, I'm completely new at this and I was wondering if there is a way that I would be able to redirect the log files in a directories standard output and standard error into and excel spreadsheet in anyway? Please remember don't use too advanced of terminology as I just started using shell... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: killaram
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How redirect standard output to a file

Hi guys, i have a script named purgeErrors.ksh, when i execute this script i need to redirect the output to a log file in the same directory, how can i do that ?? -- Aditya (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaditya
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute standard output ?

Alright so i got this script genpipe: echo "$*" |sh genscript file vi file << 'HERE' :%s/^/echo /g :%s/ $//g :%s/ /&\| xargs \.\/plus /g :wq HERE cat file Which generates output like echo 1 | xargs ./plus 2 | xargs ./plus 3 and so on Now i got the next script multiplus, who should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bertieboy7
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Command understanding the output file destination in case of standard output!!!!!

I ran the following command. cat abc.c > abc.c I got message the following message from command cat: cat: abc.c : input file is same as the output file How the command came to know of the destination file name as the command is sending output to standard file. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output mean and standard deviation of a row

I have a file that looks that this: 820 890 530 1650 1600 1800 1850 1900 2270 1640 2300 1670 2080 2200 2350 1150 1630 2210 I would like to output the mean and standard deviation of each row so that my final output would look like this 820 890 530 746.667 155.849 1650 1600 1800... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayak
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)