Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to stop the uprintfd daemon? Post 302844076 by Devyn on Friday 16th of August 2013 09:59:34 AM
Old 08-16-2013
How to stop the uprintfd daemon?

How to stop the uprintfd daemon? After uncommenting, kill -9 doesn't work on the process either.

EDIT: Nevermind. I've got this now.

Cheers,
DH

Last edited by Devyn; 08-16-2013 at 11:28 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

daemon

I want to write background running program. How to use daemon function. Please send me source code. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bat_oyu
1 Replies

2. Programming

Creating a Daemon

how to convert a c program into a Daemon. thanks in advance svh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svh
2 Replies

3. Solaris

daemon dies, need to know why

Say I have a daemon that dies for an unknown reason. Is there a way to track its process ID to try to determine when it dies and what causes it to go away? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Silver11
2 Replies

4. Linux

daemon process

how i will write the daemon process,if any body have sample daemon process send me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh_rupineni
1 Replies

5. Solaris

editing syslog to stop a particular daemon logging

Hi there I get the following message im my messages file 2 or 3 times a second Dec 4 11:44:18 my-box in.timed: connect from localhost I would like to stop in.timed from logging to syslog altogether as this message is filling up my disk. I dont want to stop daemon.info altogether... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to stop others users to stop viewing what i am doing ?

Hi , I have one question, suppose i am a normal user and when i use 'w' command , it shows who is logged on and what they are doing . Now i want to stop others users to know what i am doing accept the root ? can i do this ? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobile01
5 Replies

7. Programming

Daemon

i want to write a daemon service which listens the 8080 port and write down all the details in one file. How can i do this ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Daemon 101

I think I have an issue almost like Sammy_T's. I want to make a piece of code run as a daemon. I have some java, along with it 15 classpath's converted to a shell script that I can "runmyjavap". The script is just what I need to run after compiling it: #!/bin/sh java -classpath : ...(from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Miller_K
3 Replies

9. Solaris

NFS Daemon

I'm setting up a solaris server at home. At the moment I have to keep running: /etc/init.d/nfs.server start To start my NFS server process. Is there anything I can do to make this happen automatically at boot? Many thanks in anticipation. Stin. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stin
4 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

about mountd daemon ?

Manually we can stop the daemon by stopsrc command other-than this In which case mountd daemon will crash automatically. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: t.balamurugan
1 Replies
KILL(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   KILL(1)

NAME
kill, broke - print commands to kill processes SYNOPSIS
kill name broke DESCRIPTION
Kill prints commands that will cause all processes called name and owned by the current user to be terminated. Use the send command of 81/2(1), or pipe the output of kill into rc(1) to execute the commands. Kill suggests sending a kill note to the process; the same message delivered to the process's ctl file (see proc(3)) is a surer, if heavy handed, kill, but is necessary if the offending process is ignoring notes. Broke prints commands that will cause all processes in the Broken state and owned by the current user to go away. When a process dies because of an error caught by the system, it may linger in the Broken state to allow examination with a debugger. Executing the commands printed by broke lets the system reclaim the resources used by the broken processes. SOURCE
/rc/bin/kill /rc/bin/broke SEE ALSO
ps(1), stop(1), proc(3) KILL(1)