Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing a parameter from a shell script to sqlplus Post 302844048 by Mahomed on Friday 16th of August 2013 08:18:00 AM
Old 08-16-2013
Hi Durden_Tyler,

Thank you very much for your help.

You are correct, the PER12.sql script does have the ACCEPT statement, I will now modify and try...

before:
ACCEPT v_personId PROMPT 'Enter a valid PERSON_ID for the employee: '
PROMPT
ACCEPT v_payElements PROMPT 'Display Payroll Element Entries (Y|N): '

After:
ACCEPT v_personId = &1
REM PROMPT 'Enter a valid PERSON_ID for the employee: '
REM PROMPT
ACCEPT v_payElements = &2
REM PROMPT 'Display Payroll Element Entries (Y|N): '

Let me give this a bash.

Cheers!!!
Mahomed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing parameters from a shell script to sqlplus

Hi , I want to pass parameters from a shell script to a sql script and use the parameter in the sql query ..and then I want to spool a particular select query on to my unix box... for 4 different locations by writing only one sql script Right now no file is generated on the unix box...it is a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in passing a variable to sqlplus from a shell script

hi, I am using a shell script from where i will be conecting to sqlplus.. i am having a problem in passing a variable to sqlplus query.. i will be assigning the variable in the unix environment..whenever i am trying to pass a variable having the contents greater than 2500 characters, i am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kripssmart
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass parameter from sqlplus(procedure completed) to your shell script

if then # mail -s "Import failed file does not exist" sanjay.jaiswal@xyz.com echo "FILE does not exist" exit 1 fi echo "FILE EXIST" size=-1 set $(du /export/home/oracle/nas/scott21.dmp.gz) while do echo "Inside the loop" size=$1 set $(du... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanora600
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter from one file to shell script

Hi All, I have a 2 files. File1 i am generating using an ETL tool, which is a comman seperated delimited file which contains country code & load date. everytime, this country code will be updated from a table. It might be AB or BA & ld_date will be for which date we need to load the file. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
7 Replies

5. AIX

Passing a parameter to a shell script?

I would like to run a compress script on files in certain directories. My compress_script.sh is just basically compress file* In order for me to use this I have to copy it into each directory and run it. How can I state the directory on the command line with the compress script so it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
2 Replies

6. SCO

Parameter passing to dot shell script

OS SCO Open Server 6.0 MP4 I am trying to change the value of a enviornment variable thru a script and want to pass a parameter on the commande line, If I hard code the value inside the script the script changes the enviornment variable . mytest where my test is MYVAR=$1 export MYVAR... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: atish0
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Parameter containing space in between to Shell Script

Hi, I have one shell script which use two parameter however one of its parameter have space in between. eg. a.sh 20110114 b c d here b c d is one parameter I used 'b c d' but its not giving correct result. Also i tried b\c\d but this one also didnt work. Any help would be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing a Unix parameter to SQLPlus login command

hi All, i m trying to pass a user choice paramter from unix to sqlplus connect command here i want the user to enter the username and password he wants to connect in sql plus through read in unix and then automatically connect to that instance. sqlplus -s $1/$2 where $ 1 and $2 will b... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script passing parameters to sqlplus code

Hello All, I am interested in finding out a way to pass parameters that are entered at the prompt from HP unix and passed to SQLPlus code with a Shell Script. Is this possible? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: compprog11
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter with single quote to shell script

Hello All, I am trying below +++++++++ #/bin/bash set -x Host=$1 Port=$2 User=$3 Pass=$4 Warning=$5 Critical=$6 SCRIPT_LOC=/opt/agent/ Parameters="'""hostname=$Host&""port=$Port&""username=$User&""password=$Pass&""jvm=UsedMemory,$Warning,$Critical""'" echo $Parameters... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundari127
10 Replies
OCI_SET_ACTION(3)														 OCI_SET_ACTION(3)

oci_set_action - Sets the action name

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_set_action (resource $connection, string $action_name) DESCRIPTION
Sets the action name for Oracle tracing. The action name is registered with the database when the next 'roundtrip' from PHP to the database occurs, typically when an SQL statement is executed. The action name can subsequently be queried from database administration views such as V$SESSION. It can be used for tracing and monitor- ing such as with V$SQLAREA and DBMS_MONITOR.SERV_MOD_ACT_STAT_ENABLE. The value may be retained across persistent connections. PARAMETERS
o $connection -An Oracle connection identifier, returned by oci_connect(3), oci_pconnect(3), or oci_new_connect(3). o $action_name - User chosen string up to 32 bytes long. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Setting the action <?php $c = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); // Record the action oci_set_action($c, 'Friend Lookup'); // Code that causes a roundtrip, for example a query: $s = oci_parse($c, 'select * from dual'); oci_execute($s); oci_fetch_all($s, $res); sleep(30); ?> // While the script is running, the administrator can see the actions // being performed: sqlplus system/welcome SQL> select action from v$session; NOTES
Note Oracle version requirement This function is available when PHP is linked with Oracle Database libraries from version 10 g onwards. Tip Performance With older versions of OCI8 or the Oracle Database, the client information can be set using the Oracle DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO pack- age. This is less efficient than using oci_set_client_info(3). Caution Roundtrip Gotcha Some but not all OCI8 functions cause roundtrips. Roundtrips to the database may not occur with queries when result caching is enabled. SEE ALSO
oci_set_module_name(3), oci_set_client_info(3), oci_set_client_identifier(3). PHP Documentation Group OCI_SET_ACTION(3)