Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to find a file created in UNIX every monday.??? Post 302844044 by RavinderSingh13 on Friday 16th of August 2013 07:55:17 AM
Old 08-16-2013
Hello,

please use the crontab facility for the same you can shedule the script to run on every Monday for same.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to get the file which created the error when the find command was run

I want to get the file which created the error when the find command was run ? I am wrote a script to mail a list of files whose file size is ge than 0 and returns 0 but wen it finds a folder with only empty files it exits as 1. i need to modify it so that the return for this is also 0 (but it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guhas
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to find created date of file in UNIX

I need to write a script which has to list all the files which are created before six months from now. kindly help on this ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find unix file created how many days ago?

i want to find unix file created how many days ago? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: utoptas
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find first created file date in YYYYMMDD format

Hi All, We are copying all the files into ARCHIVE directory after we process them. We are doing this process from last 2 years, now we have a lot of files in ARCHIVE directory. Now I need to find when the first file is copied into this directory? If I Issue, ls -l /ARCHIVE/*.* | tail -1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find out when a file was created?

Hi All I use solaris 9 and just realised my opt volume has grown to 99%. How can I find out which file was created on the opt volume for it to have grown to 99%? Which command should I use since I can't go through each individual file to look at the date the files were created. Regard (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the file created on current date

Hi All, I'm trying to find a file which is created on current day.... I searched in unix.com and i found, below command. find /land/ -mtime -1 -type f -print | grep "FF_Member_STG.dat" The command checks if the file with name "FF_Member_STG.dat" is created today then exit else proceed. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ace_friends22
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How I can find the last file created and move it to a directory?

I have this situation /u03/app/banjobs> ls -ltr icg* 82 Jun 12 10:37 iicgorldi_2419186.log 56810484 Jun 17 10:35 icgorldi_2421592.xml 2859 Jun 17 10:35 icgorldi_2421592.lis - 125 Jun 17 10:35 icgorldi_2421592.log 82 Jun 12 10:37 iicgorldi_2419187.log ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bernardo Jarami
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find second and fourth Monday of the month?

Hi, I have came across the scenario where, we have to run the script on second and fourth Monday of each month. I have tried to search man page of date and also forum for it but, could not get any answer to this. Can you please advise how can we get second and fourth Monday of the month? ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathmesh
18 Replies

9. AIX

To find the user who has created the file

Hi On our AIX 7.1 server we have a file named /content/development/system.tar with ownership as root. Many people on our Unix team has sudo access and they will be able to sudo to root user. We want to which particular user has actually created this file. Is it possible to find that ? Please... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find if create time of last created file in a directory is older than 5 minutes

A process xyz is running and creating file1, file2, file3, .... filen. how do i know if the process has stopped and createtime of the last file (filen) is older than 5 minutes? OS is AIX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
3 Replies
CRON(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   CRON(8)

NAME
cron - daemon to execute scheduled commands (Vixie Cron) SYNOPSIS
cron DESCRIPTION
Cron should be started from /etc/rc or /etc/rc.local. It will return immediately, so you don't need to start it with '&'. Cron searches /var/spool/cron for crontab files which are named after accounts in /etc/passwd; crontabs found are loaded into memory. Cron also searches for /etc/crontab and the files in the /etc/cron.d/ directory, which are in a different format (see crontab(5)). Cron then wakes up every minute, examining all stored crontabs, checking each command to see if it should be run in the current minute. When execut- ing commands, any output is mailed to the owner of the crontab (or to the user named in the MAILTO environment variable in the crontab, if such exists). Additionally, cron checks each minute to see if its spool directory's modtime (or the modtime on /etc/crontab) has changed, and if it has, cron will then examine the modtime on all crontabs and reload those which have changed. Thus cron need not be restarted whenever a crontab file is modified. Note that the Crontab(1) command updates the modtime of the spool directory whenever it changes a crontab. SEE ALSO
crontab(1), crontab(5) AUTHOR
Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com> 4th Berkeley Distribution 20 December 1993 CRON(8)