Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HP-UX check SCSI reservation
Operating Systems HP-UX HP-UX check SCSI reservation Post 302844022 by cecco16 on Friday 16th of August 2013 06:20:29 AM
Old 08-16-2013
HP-UX check SCSI reservation

Hi guys,

I need some help to better understand how to determine if a disk have persistent SCSI reservation. I know that we should use the "Persisten Reservation Utility" but we are not allowed to run that tool. Since we have the output from some grab utility and specifically we have the "scsimgr get _attr" I want to know how can i determine if there is any reservation on the disks.

Thanks for your help!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Scsi

How can you get a scsi card to initalize or decome available at boot up on AIX 4.3 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: truma1
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Compaq Scsi

Howto make Debian GNU/Linux install boot on a Compaq DeskPro XL 590 with Compaq SCSI diskdrive? The problem is that Compaq's Scsi controller sems to be odd. help please :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Scsi

I would like to install a AIT drive to the scsi connector on our solaris box. I am very new to the unix world and would be greatful if someone could help or lead me in the right direction. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpyle
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Help probe-scsi-all

I have run init 0 to bring it to OK prompt. I know that probe-scsi-all can hang the system. I want to know what is the difference between probe-scsi-all and probe-scsi. I was told that probe-scsi-all external and internal devices and probe-scsi shows only internal devices. what dose this ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinkgoud
3 Replies

5. AIX

LUN Reservation and Clearence

Hello Everyone, I wud like to knw what we mean by LUN reservation and how to clear the LUN reservation in AIX. Regards, nivas (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivaspIND
2 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Installing SCSI

I need to hook a tape library to my compy (tru64 versifon 4F) by way of SCSI. I can get as far as plugging it in on my own. Please help Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: randUSR()
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Unknown Disks "offline or reservation conflict"

Hi All, I am a RH Linux admin that recently started working at a company with a number of SUN Servers so it's been an interesting transition. Considering the last person left with very little documentation left behind so I have been picking up most issues half complete, or troubleshot. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MobileGSP
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Modifying properties to use scsi-3 reservation for disks with two paths in sun cluster

Hi I am having two node cluster. I was trying to change the to use scsi3 reservation for all disks having two paths. Please let me know where I went wrong or there any issue to implement the same. On node1 bash-3.2# cldev status === Cluster DID Devices === Device Instance ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
8 Replies
setext(1M)																setext(1M)

NAME
setext - set VxFS extent attributes SYNOPSIS
extent_size] flag] reservation] file DESCRIPTION
specifies a fixed extent size for a file, and reserves space for a file. The file must already exist. In some cases, fsadm may reorganize the extent map of a file in such a way as to make it less contiguous. However, it does not change the geometry of a file that has a fixed extent size. Options recognizes the following options: Specify a fixed extent size. extent_size is the number of file system blocks to allocate for the extent. An extent_size of zero cancels previous fixed-size extents for the file and uses the default extent allocation policy. See vxtunefs(1M) for information on extent size parameters. The available allocation flags are Specify that all extents must be aligned on extent_size boundaries relative to the start of allocation units. Immediately incorporate the reservation into the file and update the file's on-disk inode with size and block count information that is increased to include the reserved space. The space added to the file is not initialized. Only users with appropriate privileges can use the option. Specify that the reservation must be allocated contiguously. Specify that the file may not be extended after the preallocated space is used. Specify that the reservation is not a persistent attribute of the file. Instead, the space is allocated until the final close of the file, when any space not used by the file is freed. The temporary reservation is not visible to the user (via getext(1M) or the ioctl, for example). Specify that the reservation is reduced to the current file size after the last close by all processes that have the file open. Specify the VxFS file system type. Preallocate space for file. reservation is specified in file system blocks or the actual size in bytes. Echo the completed command line, but do not execute the command. The command line is generated by incorporating the user-specified options and other information derived from This option allows the user to verify the command line. Operands recognizes the following operand: file Name of an existing VxFS file. Notes is available only with the HP OnLineJFS product. You can specify multiple flags by entering multiple instances of on the command line. You must specify the allocation flags with either the or option. Only the and allocation flags are persistent attributes of the file and therefore visible via getext(1M) or the ioctl. Although is not a persistent attribute of the file, it is visible until it is cleared during the final close of the file. Other allocation flags may have persistent effects, but are not visible as allocation flags. In some cases, may reorganize the extent map of a file in such a way as to make it less contiguous. However, it will not change the geome- try of a file that has a fixed extent size. For the or options, you can specify the size in number of file system blocks or in bytes. A numeric value indicates file system blocks, a numeric value with a suffix specifies the size in bytes: for kilobytes, for megabytes, or for gigabytes. SEE ALSO
getext(1M), fsadm_vxfs(1M), vxtunefs(1M), vxfsio(7). enhancement in Description section of vxfsio(7). setext(1M)