Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Uninstalled Perl - Need Urgent Help Post 302843848 by rbatte1 on Thursday 15th of August 2013 10:36:43 AM
Old 08-15-2013
Well done for capturing & keeping the output.

At worst, I expect you could use yum to install those packages again. It's a pretty robust tool and so long as the source is on the satellite server (if you have one) then it should all come back together.

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling CGI Perl in Shell script [urgent]

All I want to call a perl program from my shell script. Please help me. I want to call through URL only. Like " http://www.test.com/CGI-bin/test?test=value" Please help to write this script. Thanx in advance. Thanking you Regards Deepak Xavier (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeepakXavier
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Needed Urgent in shell or PERL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My I/p FIle #%npr # { { collectionBeginTime_Date 19Jul2007 granularityPeriod 900 NODEID BSC19 RLC_Raw_Blocksize_CS2 2048 START_DATE 19Jul07 measTimeStamp_Date 20Jul2007 COLLECTION_INTERVAL_MINS 15 RLC_User_Blocksize_CS2 1024 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aajan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent help for perl script

I am having the autosys script for the perl as follows #!/usr/bin/perl print "Welcome to Autosys Ice Script\n"; print "Please enter the Environment (UAT PRD TRN ST DEV ALL):\n"; $environment = <STDIN>; chomp($environment); print "Please enter the Action (ON_ICE OFF_ICE):\n"; $action =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscript22
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script help URGENT???

Friends I generated a code too read a list if names from file and store it in array. The file contains names of some files. like a.txt b.txt c.txt ........ while I am running the script and gives a file name as argument I have to check wehere the file processed or not. if processed exit the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

it's urgent ! round number in perl scripting

my $number = 12.345673412 I need 3 digits after decimal or after dot(.) i mean , i need only 12.345 I used int(), ceil(), floor() but it gives me only 12 I need it. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace a string in perl - Urgent

Hi, Can anyone help me to replace ='is NOT NULL' to is NOT NULL in perl. I tried all the methods which i know, i didnt arrive at the solution. please help!! ---------- Post updated at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:56 PM ---------- I got it.......! Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jam_prasanna
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need urgent help with PERL scripting

From the attached file I to need pick all rows that have AVG2 column value larger than 0.050, and write those values in to a separate file. Help me on how I pick the approp value & output them onto a file. Very Thanks in advance. :b: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonystark
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Restore an uninstalled zone?

Hi all, I recently halted and uninstalled a zone and it is now in a 'configured' state. I now need to get this zone back. The zoneconfig is still there. df -h from the global zone shows that the data is no longer there. zfs list shows the zone is still there and taking up space... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: polo_mint4
2 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Urgent: please replace the perl script in the post with following code

Hi This is very urgent as it is confidential info posted by mistake.Kindly help us asap. post link below: https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/201037-perl-while-loop-each.html please replace the perl script with following script in the post ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris 11 Xscreensaver Matrixview Uninstalled

First issue beside that is this. How do you get the screensaver to stay on all the time please? Maybe it's the monitor going to sleep. Then the Matrixview says 'Not installed'. Rest of Xscreensaver choices are there. I did click around in properties of it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solaris User
2 Replies
dtc_install_centos(8)					      System Manager's Manual					     dtc_install_centos(8)

NAME
dtc_install_centos - bootstrap a CentOS install to use in a chroot or VM SYNOPSIS
dtc_install_centos <install root> <yum environment> DESCRIPTION
This shell script is part of the dtc-xen package, generally to be used by the dtc panel to install a new a Xen VPS server. This script is called by dtc_reinstall_os when the user chooses to install the CentOS operating system. How it works: it generates a temporary yum configuration in the yum environment directory, that directs yum to act inside the install root instead of in the base system; then it kindly requests yum to install the basesystem, centos-release and yum packages onto it. Yum then uses the configuration to download the required (usually, security-updated) packages and then perform the RPM installation process under the install root. It requires both RPM and yum. It does work under Debian (it was developed in Ubuntu first). It should also work on RPM-based systems without destroying the system-wide RPM and yum configurations. OPTION
<install root> Target directory where CentOS will be deployed. Must exist beforehand. <yum environment> Directory where yum will store the repository manifests and configuration. Will be automatically created. Cached RPMs and manifests will be left, as usual, in a directory var/cache/yum inside the install root. EXAMPLE
dtc_install_centos /root/yum /xen/13 This will setup the operating system in /xen/13, with the CentOS configuration folder in /root/yum. BUGS
It's limited to CentOS 5 at the moment. It must be run as root. Under some circumstances, the installation process itself may kill processes running on the host machine. The chroot yum does should be sufficient to avoid this, but we haven't been able, yet, to ascertain why this fails sometimes. SEE ALSO
dtc_reinstall_os(8) VERSION
This documentation describes dtc_install_os version 0.3.1. See http://www.gplhost.com/software-dtc-xen.html for updates. dtc_install_centos(8)