Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Program based on hostname
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Program based on hostname Post 302843818 by darling on Thursday 15th of August 2013 09:04:55 AM
Old 08-15-2013
Program based on hostname

Hi
Can you help me get the script for below requirement.
when i run below script
Code:
./script QM hostname

script should be working in below
here inputs are QM and hostname
by taking inputs it should work like below
Code:
QM=$1
if QM name ends with  1 $4 should be 51431 
                ends with  2 $4 should be 51432
                               3 $4 should be 51433
                               4 $4 should be 51434

and hostname should be converted into IP adress. i think it should be hostname -i to convert hostname into IP (IP address is $3)
then it should perform below command
Code:

echo $1 >&2 \ export MQSERVER=SYSTEM.DEF.SVRCONN/TCP/'$3($4)' \ ./qload -ISYSTEM.DEAD.LETTER.QUEUE -lmqic32 -m$1 >&2

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

dos based ssh/telnet login program

I want to find a program that can run in DOS, login to a ssh/telnet server, then run a specifed command to do a daily jobs, can anyone tell me is there any application i can find in the internet? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zp523444
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris - unknown hostname - how can I change hostname?

Hello, I am new to Solaris. I am using stand alone Solaris 10.0 for test/study purpose and connecting to internet via an ADSL modem which has DHCP server. My Solaris is working on VMWare within winXP. My WinXP and Solaris connects to internet by the same ADSL modem via its DHCP at the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XNOR
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

proceed through a menu-based program with a script?

I am trying to figure out a way to proceed through a menu-based program in UNIX with just one command to execute several steps. Is this possible? From the command prompt I would normally type the name of the program, 'disk_analysis' to start the program and bring up its menu. I would then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nichola$
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in GUI based program on Sun Solaris

Hello! I am trying to run a program which has used Xlib for its graphical user interface on Solaris through Common Desktop Environment(CDE). All I get is my three required widows open but all blank.They suppose to show some symbols, pictures ad buttons.In the command terminal the following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asif92
1 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

HP UX - ILO Console hostname different than Machine Hostname...

Hi All, So we added a new HP-UX 11.31 machine. Copied OS via Ignite-UX (DVD)over from this machine called machine_a. It was supposed to be named machine_c. And it is when you log in...however when I'm in the ILO console before logging in, it says: It should say: What gives? And how do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
4 Replies

6. Programming

C program - convert values based on the position

Hey! I'm new to C. I need to covert certain values using C. please see the below. I have figured out the logic to do it. Please provide some hints to do this with C Logic: If first position of POS = 0, shift POS to the left one byte. If third position of POS = 0, move spaces to third... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocker_me2002
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep timer based on hostname

Dear all I have a bunch of hosts which I need to run a common script. I need a sleep timee which will delay the execution based on the hostname. Usually the hostname of the servers are host01, host02 .. host16 with which I cam up with this - #!/bin/bash sleeptimer=$(( $(hostname -s|tr -cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deunan
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hostname -f hostname: Unknown host

deleted (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
0 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)