Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with Solaris file system Post 302843753 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 14th of August 2013 06:15:22 PM
Old 08-14-2013
Looks like you are using ZFS.

To see what ZFS pools you have:
Code:
# zpool list

To see what ZFS filesystems you have:
Code:
# zfs list

This User Gave Thanks to fpmurphy For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increase space in the solaris file system

How can I check how much space is left in the solaris file system? and how can I increase those space in the file system?. I am trying to install Oracle Database on Solaris 8.But, it keep giving me error message says that"There is not enough space on the volume you have specified". Thanks ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jung1975
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris File system question ( UFS )

Hello all, I'm ufs file system, how can u use the same disk in another machine with the data in tact? to make it clear, I've an ufs FS in a mount point /file1 ( 8GB). now they decide to reintall the OS. After the reinstall, how can i get the same data as it is? will mounting the disk as /file1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

on solaris best utility to copy a file system?

Hi, - on a solaris box what is the best utility to copy a whole file system from one place to other? - the aim of the operation is to place the contents of the whole file system to other file system within the discs cp ? - cpio? - tar? - what about file systemes containing symbolic links ?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JAKEZ
1 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris file system

hi all , am a Beginner in solaris end unix , i want mount a new files system in my sunblade 150 , i have 2 HD . someone can show me how i can do that by steps please ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
2 Replies

5. Solaris

/etc/system file in solaris Zone

Hi All, I am just new to the sun Solaris zone server. In the zone server the /etc/system file is missing. Please let me know what they are using instead of system file in Zone server. Please help me in this L Regards, Kalai (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A file system visible for solaris and windows?

Hi, I have a 1TB external iomega hard disk, and I want to plug it to a solaris 8 machine. The problem is that solaris doesn't recognize the NTFS file system partition. I was thinking of formatting it to FAT32, but I would like to know if anyone knows a better file system, considering: - I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dann-E
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris file system unable to use available space

Hi, The solaris filesystem /u01 shows available space as 100GB, and used space as 6 GB. The Problem is when iam trying to install some software or copy some files in this file system /u01 Iam unable to copy or install in this file system due to lack of space. ofcourse the software... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: iris1
31 Replies

8. Solaris

dual boot solaris/solaris zfs file system

Hi, I am running into a some problems creating a dual boot system of 2 solaris instances using ZFS file system and I was wondering if someone can help me out. First some back ground. I have been asked to change the file system of our server from UFS to ZFS. Currently we are using Solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: estammis
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

how to mount a file system from a solaris server into an hp-ux system

Hi all I wonder if its possible to mount on a hp-ux server a file system that was previously mounted on a solaris 10 server. The LUN is on NetApp stoarge. The problem on hp-ux I cannot do pvcreate on the lun (disk) because contains data. Any help will be appreciated FR (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris file system space

Hi Experts, I have query regarding output of df command. $ df -k Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on rpool/ROOT/solaris-161 191987712 6004395 140577816 5% / /devices 0 0 0 0% /devices... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
3 Replies
SUNW.HAStoragePlus(5)					     Sun Cluster Miscellaneous					     SUNW.HAStoragePlus(5)

NAME
SUNW.HAStoragePlus - resource type that enforces dependencies between Sun Cluster device services, file systems, and data services DESCRIPTION
SUNW.HAStoragePlus describes a resource type that enables you to specify dependencies between data service resources and device groups, cluster file systems, and local file systems. Note - Local file systems include the UNIX File System (UFS), Quick File System (QFS), Veritas File System (VxFS), and Solaris ZFS (Zettabyte File System). This resource type enables you to bring data services online only after their dependent device groups and file systems are guaranteed to be available. The SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource type also provides support for mounting, unmounting, and checking file systems. Resource groups by themselves do not provide for direct synchronization with disk device groups, cluster file systems, or local file sys- tems. As a result, during a cluster reboot or failover, an attempt to start a data service can occur while its dependent global devices and file systems are still unavailable. Consequently, the data service's START method might time out, and your data service might fail. The SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource type represents the device groups, cluster, and local file systems that are to be used by one or more data service resources. You add a resource of type SUNW.HAStoragePlus to a resource group and set up dependencies between other resources and the SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource. These dependencies ensure that the data service resources are brought online after the following situa- tions occur: 1. All specified device services are available (and collocated, if necessary). 2. All specified file systems are checked and mounted. You can also use the SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource type to access a local file system from a non-global zone. EXTENSION PROPERTIES
The following extension properties are associated with the SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource type: AffinityOn Specifies whether a SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource needs to perform an affinity switchover for all global devices that are defined in the GlobalDevicePaths and FilesystemMountPoints extension properties. You can specify TRUE or FALSE. Affinity switchover is set by default, that is, AffinityOn is set to TRUE. The Zpools extension property ignores the AffinityOn extension property. The AffinityOn extension property is intended for use with the GlobalDevicePaths and FilesystemMountPoints extension properties only. When you set the AffinityOn extension property to FALSE, the SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource passively waits for the specified global ser- vices to become available. In this case, the primary node or zone of each online global device service might not be the same node or zone that is the primary node for the resource group. The purpose of an affinity switchover is to enhance performance by ensuring the colocation of the device groups and the resource groups on a specific node or zone. Data reads and writes always occur over the device primary paths. Affinity switchovers require the poten- tial primary node list for the resource group and the node list for the device group to be equivalent. The SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource performs an affinity switchover for each device service only once, that is, when the SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource is brought online. The setting of the AffinityOn flag is ignored for scalable services. Affinity switchovers are not possible with scalable resource groups. FilesystemCheckCommand Overrides the check that SUNW.HAStoragePlus conducts on each unmounted file system before attempting to mount it. You can specify an alternate command string or executable, which is invoked on all unmounted file systems. When a SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource is configured in a scalable resource group, the file-system check on each unmounted cluster file system is omitted. The default value for the FilesystemCheckCommand extension property is NULL. When you set this extension property to NULL, Sun Cluster checks UFS or VxFS by issuing the /usr/sbin/fsck -o p command. Sun Cluster checks other file systems by issuing the /usr/sbin/fsck com- mand. When you set the FilesystemCheckCommand extension property to another command string, SUNW.HAStoragePlus invokes this command string with the file system mount point as an argument. You can specify any arbitrary executable in this manner. A nonzero return value is treated as an error that occurred during the file system check operation. This error causes the START method to fail. When you do not require a file system check operation, set the FilesystemCheckCommand extension property to /bin/true. FilesystemMountPoints Specifies a list of valid file system mount points. You can specify global or local file systems. Global file systems are accessible from all nodes or zones in a cluster. Local file systems are accessible from a single cluster node or zone. Local file systems that are managed by a SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource are mounted on a single cluster node or zone. These local file systems require the underlying devices to be Sun Cluster global devices. These file system mount points are defined in the format paths[,...]. You can specify both the path in a non-global zone and the path in a global zone, in this format: Non-GlobalZonePath:GlobalZonePath The global zone path is optional. If you do not specify a global zone path, Sun Cluster assumes that the path in the non-global zone and in the global zone are the same. If you specify the path as Non-GlobalZonePath:GlobalZonePath, you must specify GlobalZonePath in the global zone's /etc/vfstab. The default setting for this property is an empty list. You can use the SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource type to make a file system available to a non-global zone. To enable the SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource type to do this, you must create a mount point in the global zone and in the non-global zone. The SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource type makes the file system available to the non-global zone by mounting the file system in the global zone. The resource type then per- forms a loopback mount in the non-global zone. Each file system mount point should have an equivalent entry in /etc/vfstab on all cluster nodes and in all global zones. The SUNW.HAS- toragePlus resource type does not check /etc/vfstab in non-global zones. SUNW.HAStoragePlus resources that specify local file systems can only belong in a failover resource group with affinity switchovers enabled. These local file systems can therefore be termed failover file systems. You can specify both local and global file system mount points at the same time. Any file system whose mount point is present in the FilesystemMountPoints extension property is assumed to be local if its /etc/vfstab entry satisfies both of the following conditions: 1. The non-global mount option is specified. 2. The "mount at boot" field for the entry is set to "no." A Solaris ZFS is always a local file system. Do not list a ZFS in /etc/vfstab. Also, do not include ZFS mount points in the Filesystem- MountPoints property. GlobalDevicePaths Specifies a list of valid global device group names or global device paths. The paths are defined in the format paths[,...]. The default setting for this property is an empty list. Zpools Specifies a list of valid ZFS storage pools, each of which contains at least one ZFS. These ZFS storage pools are defined in the format paths[,...]. The default setting for this property is an empty list. All file systems in a ZFS storage pool are mounted and unmounted together. The Zpools extension property enables you to specify ZFS storage pools. The devices that make up a ZFS storage pool must be accessible from all the nodes or zones that are configured in the node list of the resource group to which a SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource belongs. A SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource that manages a ZFS storage pool can only belong to a failover resource group. When a SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource that manages a ZFS storage pool is brought online, the ZFS storage pool is imported, and every file system that the ZFS stor- age pool contains is mounted. When the resource is taken offline on a node, for each managed ZFS storage pool, all file systems are unmounted and the ZFS storage pool is exported. Note - SUNW.HAStoragePlus does not support file systems created on ZFS volumes. ZpoolsSearchDir Specifies the location to search for the devices of Zpools. The default value for the ZpoolsSearchDir extension property is /dev/dsk. The ZpoolsSearchDir extension property is similar to the -d option of the zpool command. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
rt_reg(4), attributes(5) WARNINGS
Make data service resources within a given resource group dependent on a SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource. Otherwise, no synchronization is pos- sible between the data services and the global devices or file systems. Strong resource dependencies ensure that the SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource is brought online before other resources. Local file systems that are managed by a SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource are mounted only when the resource is brought online. Enable logging on UFS systems. Avoid configuring multiple SUNW.HAStoragePlus resources in different resource groups that refer to the same device group and with Affini- tyOn flags set to TRUE. Redundant device switchovers can occur. As a result, resource and device groups might be dislocated. Avoid configuring a ZFS storage pool under multiple SUNW.HAStoragePlus resources in different resource groups. NOTES
The SUNW.HAStoragePlus resource is capable of mounting any cluster file system that is found in an unmounted state. All file systems are mounted in the overlay mode. Local file systems are forcibly unmounted. The waiting time for all device services and file systems to become available is specified by the Prenet_Start_Timeout property in SUNW.HAStoragePlus. This is a tunable property. SunOS 5.9 25 Sep 2007 SUNW.HAStoragePlus(5)