Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with Solaris file system Post 302843752 by samnyc on Wednesday 14th of August 2013 05:45:14 PM
Old 08-14-2013
Help with Solaris file system

Hi,

I have not worked on Solaris 10 that much. Need some help with this. I can't seem where the file or how the file systems are mounted. Please see the /etcvfstab below.

Code:
more vfstab
#device         device          mount           FS      fsck    mount   mount
#to mount       to fsck         point           type    pass    at boot options
#
fd      -       /dev/fd fd      -       no      -
/proc   -       /proc   proc    -       no      -
/dev/zvol/dsk/rpool/swap        -       -       swap    -       no      -
/devices        -       /devices        devfs   -       no      -
sharefs -       /etc/dfs/sharetab       sharefs -       no      -
ctfs    -       /system/contract        ctfs    -       no      -
objfs   -       /system/object  objfs   -       no      -
swap    -       /tmp    tmpfs   -       yes     -

output of df -h

Code:
Filesystem             size   used  avail capacity  Mounted on
rpool/ROOT/solaris10u9
                        10G   4.9G   5.1G    50%    /
/devices                 0K     0K     0K     0%    /devices
ctfs                     0K     0K     0K     0%    /system/contract
proc                     0K     0K     0K     0%    /proc
mnttab                   0K     0K     0K     0%    /etc/mnttab
swap                    17G   440K    17G     1%    /etc/svc/volatile
objfs                    0K     0K     0K     0%    /system/object
sharefs                  0K     0K     0K     0%    /etc/dfs/sharetab
/platform/sun4u-us3/lib/libc_psr/libc_psr_hwcap2.so.1
                        10G   4.9G   5.1G    50%    /platform/sun4u-us3/lib/libc_psr.so.1
/platform/sun4u-us3/lib/sparcv9/libc_psr/libc_psr_hwcap2.so.1
                        10G   4.9G   5.1G    50%    /platform/sun4u-us3/lib/sparcv9/libc_psr.so.1
fd                       0K     0K     0K     0%    /dev/fd
swap                    17G    80K    17G     1%    /tmp
swap                    17G    48K    17G     1%    /var/run
rpool/data              134G    30K    91G     1%    /data
rpool                  134G    97K    91G     1%    /rpool
pool5/sybdata          795G   550G   240G    70%    /sybdata
pool5/sybase           5.0G   1.8G   3.2G    37%    /usr/sybase
dryer:/vol/vol1/solaris/10/sparc/local
                       813G   679G   134G    84%    /usr/local

I don't know what rpool means? How is the root file systems getting mounted. This server needs to be moved, I am trying to do ufsdump on / and I can't seem to figure out how to do.

Please help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increase space in the solaris file system

How can I check how much space is left in the solaris file system? and how can I increase those space in the file system?. I am trying to install Oracle Database on Solaris 8.But, it keep giving me error message says that"There is not enough space on the volume you have specified". Thanks ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jung1975
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris File system question ( UFS )

Hello all, I'm ufs file system, how can u use the same disk in another machine with the data in tact? to make it clear, I've an ufs FS in a mount point /file1 ( 8GB). now they decide to reintall the OS. After the reinstall, how can i get the same data as it is? will mounting the disk as /file1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

on solaris best utility to copy a file system?

Hi, - on a solaris box what is the best utility to copy a whole file system from one place to other? - the aim of the operation is to place the contents of the whole file system to other file system within the discs cp ? - cpio? - tar? - what about file systemes containing symbolic links ?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JAKEZ
1 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris file system

hi all , am a Beginner in solaris end unix , i want mount a new files system in my sunblade 150 , i have 2 HD . someone can show me how i can do that by steps please ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
2 Replies

5. Solaris

/etc/system file in solaris Zone

Hi All, I am just new to the sun Solaris zone server. In the zone server the /etc/system file is missing. Please let me know what they are using instead of system file in Zone server. Please help me in this L Regards, Kalai (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A file system visible for solaris and windows?

Hi, I have a 1TB external iomega hard disk, and I want to plug it to a solaris 8 machine. The problem is that solaris doesn't recognize the NTFS file system partition. I was thinking of formatting it to FAT32, but I would like to know if anyone knows a better file system, considering: - I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dann-E
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris file system unable to use available space

Hi, The solaris filesystem /u01 shows available space as 100GB, and used space as 6 GB. The Problem is when iam trying to install some software or copy some files in this file system /u01 Iam unable to copy or install in this file system due to lack of space. ofcourse the software... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: iris1
31 Replies

8. Solaris

dual boot solaris/solaris zfs file system

Hi, I am running into a some problems creating a dual boot system of 2 solaris instances using ZFS file system and I was wondering if someone can help me out. First some back ground. I have been asked to change the file system of our server from UFS to ZFS. Currently we are using Solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: estammis
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

how to mount a file system from a solaris server into an hp-ux system

Hi all I wonder if its possible to mount on a hp-ux server a file system that was previously mounted on a solaris 10 server. The LUN is on NetApp stoarge. The problem on hp-ux I cannot do pvcreate on the lun (disk) because contains data. Any help will be appreciated FR (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris file system space

Hi Experts, I have query regarding output of df command. $ df -k Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on rpool/ROOT/solaris-161 191987712 6004395 140577816 5% / /devices 0 0 0 0% /devices... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
3 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)