Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX sql options
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX sql options Post 302843650 by vbe on Wednesday 14th of August 2013 09:54:02 AM
Old 08-14-2013
well SAS is not standard unix tools but a powerfull $$ software, I happen to use it in cases where other unix tools fail... (e.g. mainrame files in impossible format containing binary and photos in the file... with file size around 40GB...) I suppose all people using oracle are happy with SQLplus and plSQL..., I suppose you could have a look at what mysql and postgress offer...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Path Options

I am looking for the best way to move files into a directory (ie PDF_files), if the directory doesn't exist to create it. However I am passing the full filename (psfile) of the file so I will have to remove the filename from the end, which can be at different field end lengths. This is a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shakey21
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix variables from sql / pl/sql

How do I dynamically assign the below output to unix shell variables so I can build a menu in a shell script? Example: var1 = 1 var2= SYSTEM var3 = 2 var4= UNDOTBS1 and so on, then in the shell script I can use the variables to build a menu. set serveroutput on declare... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehres
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute PL/SQL function from Unix script (.sql file)

Hi guys, I am new on here, I have a function in oracle that returns a specific value: create or replace PACKAGE BODY "CTC_ASDGET_SCHED" AS FUNCTION FN_ASDSCHEDULE_GET RETURN VARCHAR2 AS BEGIN DECLARE ASDSchedule varchar2(6); ASDComplete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reptile
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sql data file in unix csv file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi , I used the below script to get the sql data into csv file using unix scripting. I m getting the output into an output file but the output file is not displayed in a separe columns . #!/bin/ksh export FILE_PATH=/maav/home/xyz/abc/ rm $FILE_PATH/sample.csv sqlplus -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix : About options of clear command ?

Hello everyone, My question is quite simple, even if I didn't find an answer. I would want a command (maybe clear with some options ?) that can do the following : clear completely the console, as it is when we start a console for the first time. My problem is that I sometimes display a lot... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ben31400
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are the career options in unix apart from unix system administration?

What are the career options in unix apart from unix system administration? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format options while Redirecting output of sql to a file in shell

In my korn shell - I have a sql with say 6 columns whose output i am redirecting to a file and attaching this file while sending a mail. While all this happens correctly, i face issues in the format of this file. my intended output is Column_1 Column_2 Column_3 Column_4 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwertyu
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX ls options

Hi Guys I'm new to the forums and Unix. I have my first assignment for school and i'm stuck on question 1 spent close to 4 hours on it :(. (doesn't look good). I looked the the online documentation of ls but don't really understand it yet. I need to find files whose names that are of length... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stephvai
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Date function with -d options

Hi , I couldn't understand how this program works. Can somebody please explain it to me. DT=`date -d "1 day"` # This part I understand echo ${DT/ */} # How this works echo ${DT/* /} (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LoneRanger
2 Replies
oarresume(1)							   OAR commands 						      oarresume(1)

NAME
oarresume - resume a job in OAR batch scheduler. SYNOPSIS
oarresume [--array][job_ids][--sql "sql syntax"][-V][-h] DESCRIPTION
Ask OAR to change job_ids states into Waiting when it is Hold or in Running if it is Suspended. OPTIONS
--array Resume array job(s) passed as parameter (all the sub-jobs of the given array job(s)) --sql Resume jobs which repond to the SQL where clause on the table jobs (ex: "project = 'p1'") -V, --version Print OAR version number. -h, --help Print help command message. oarsub(1), oardel(1) oarstat(1), oarnodes(1), oarhold(1) COPYRIGHTS
Copyright 2008 Laboratoire d'Informatique de Grenoble (http://www.liglab.fr). This software is licensed under the GNU Library General Public License. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. oarresume 2012-05-23 oarresume(1)