Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX sql options
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX sql options Post 302843650 by vbe on Wednesday 14th of August 2013 09:54:02 AM
Old 08-14-2013
well SAS is not standard unix tools but a powerfull $$ software, I happen to use it in cases where other unix tools fail... (e.g. mainrame files in impossible format containing binary and photos in the file... with file size around 40GB...) I suppose all people using oracle are happy with SQLplus and plSQL..., I suppose you could have a look at what mysql and postgress offer...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Path Options

I am looking for the best way to move files into a directory (ie PDF_files), if the directory doesn't exist to create it. However I am passing the full filename (psfile) of the file so I will have to remove the filename from the end, which can be at different field end lengths. This is a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shakey21
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix variables from sql / pl/sql

How do I dynamically assign the below output to unix shell variables so I can build a menu in a shell script? Example: var1 = 1 var2= SYSTEM var3 = 2 var4= UNDOTBS1 and so on, then in the shell script I can use the variables to build a menu. set serveroutput on declare... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehres
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute PL/SQL function from Unix script (.sql file)

Hi guys, I am new on here, I have a function in oracle that returns a specific value: create or replace PACKAGE BODY "CTC_ASDGET_SCHED" AS FUNCTION FN_ASDSCHEDULE_GET RETURN VARCHAR2 AS BEGIN DECLARE ASDSchedule varchar2(6); ASDComplete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reptile
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sql data file in unix csv file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi , I used the below script to get the sql data into csv file using unix scripting. I m getting the output into an output file but the output file is not displayed in a separe columns . #!/bin/ksh export FILE_PATH=/maav/home/xyz/abc/ rm $FILE_PATH/sample.csv sqlplus -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix : About options of clear command ?

Hello everyone, My question is quite simple, even if I didn't find an answer. I would want a command (maybe clear with some options ?) that can do the following : clear completely the console, as it is when we start a console for the first time. My problem is that I sometimes display a lot... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ben31400
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are the career options in unix apart from unix system administration?

What are the career options in unix apart from unix system administration? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format options while Redirecting output of sql to a file in shell

In my korn shell - I have a sql with say 6 columns whose output i am redirecting to a file and attaching this file while sending a mail. While all this happens correctly, i face issues in the format of this file. my intended output is Column_1 Column_2 Column_3 Column_4 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwertyu
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX ls options

Hi Guys I'm new to the forums and Unix. I have my first assignment for school and i'm stuck on question 1 spent close to 4 hours on it :(. (doesn't look good). I looked the the online documentation of ls but don't really understand it yet. I need to find files whose names that are of length... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stephvai
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Date function with -d options

Hi , I couldn't understand how this program works. Can somebody please explain it to me. DT=`date -d "1 day"` # This part I understand echo ${DT/ */} # How this works echo ${DT/* /} (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LoneRanger
2 Replies
isql(1) 						       UnixODBC manual pages							   isql(1)

NAME
isql, iusql - unixODBC command-line interactive SQL tool SYNOPSIS
isql DSN [USER [PASSWORD]] [options] DESCRIPTION
isql is a command line tool which allows the user to execute SQL in batch or interactively. It has some interesting options such as an option to generate output wrapped in an HTML table. iusql is the same tool with built-in Unicode support. ARGUMENTS
DSN The Data Source Name, which should be used to make connection to the database. The data source is looked for in the /etc/odbc.ini and $HOME/.odbc.ini files in that order, with the latter overwriting the former. USER Specifies the database user/role under which the connection should be made. PASSWORD Password for the specified USER. OPTIONS
-b Run isql in non-interactive batch mode. In this mode, the isql processes its standard input, expecting one SQL command per line. -dDELIMITER Delimits columns with delimiter. -xHEX Delimits columns with HEX, which is a hexadecimal code of the delimiting character in the format 0xNN - i.e. 0x09 for the TAB char- acter. -w Format the result as HTML table. -c Output the names of the columns on the first row. Has any effect only with the -d or -x options. -mNUM Limit the column display width to NUM characters. -lLOCALE Sets locale to LOCALE. -q Wrap the character fields in double quotes. -3 Use the ODBC 3 calls. -n Use the newline processing. -e Use the SQLExecDirect instead of Prepare. -k Use SQLDriverConnect. -v Turn on the verbose mode, where the errors are fully described. Useful for debugging. --version Prints the program version and exits. COMMANDS
This section briefly describes some isql runtime commands. help List all tables in the database. help table List all columns in the table. help help List all help options. EXAMPLES
$ isql WebDB MyID MyPWD -w -b < My.sql Connects to the WebDB as user MyID with password MyPWD, then execute the commands in the My.sql file and returns the results wrapped in HTML table. Each line in My.sql must contain exactly 1 SQL command, except for the last line, which must be blank (unless the -n option is specified). FILES
/etc/odbc.ini System-wide DSN definitions. See odbc.ini(5) for details. $HOME/.odbc.ini User-specific DSN definitions. See odbc.ini(5) for details. SEE ALSO
odbcinst(1), odbc.ini(5) AUTHORS
The authors of unixODBC are Peter Harvey <pharvey@codebydesign.com> and Nick Gorham <nick@easysoft.com>. For the full list of contributors see the AUTHORS file. COPYRIGHT
unixODBC is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License. For details about the license, see the COPYING file. version 2.3.1 Tue 25 Jun 2013 isql(1)