Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Increasing space in file system Post 302843339 by BPANDEY on Tuesday 13th of August 2013 12:48:30 AM
Old 08-13-2013
Increasing space in file system

Hi VBE,

HP-ux version is 11.31
Both file systems are in differenct volume group.
Onlie JFS is not there.

Regards,
Bhagawati Pandey

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Increasing filesystem space

Now, i know a ufs file system can be increased using mkfs but hwo do I take space from a file system and add it to another file system? at my job here, that seems to be possible because I see request on it almost every day. what is the exact command to do this and does the system need to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

increasing file system

Hi, on /dev1 I have 50Gb, on /dev2 I have 5Gb. How can I give the 50Gb to /dev2 and give back 5Gb to /dev1. Many thanks. PS : OS is AIX (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

increasing ufs file system size in solaris

How do i increase the filesystem size on a root partition? There is a slice with root on it, its like 2 gigs and nothing else is broken out except home. I want to increase root filesystem (and slice) and break out /usr and /var. This is solaris 9, only has solaris volume manager on it. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Increasing File system

Dear all.... I want to increase the file system /u01 from 5 GB to 8GB. So what would be the command... Thanx in Advance.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rosyblue
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best ways of increasing space on a partition

Hi, On one of our solaris servers, the root partition has filled up,(it was poorly sized in the first place), Does anyone have any advice about the best way to add space to a partition. I'm sure I've read how to do this somewhere before but just can't remember...:( A colleague has suggested... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kenny123m
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increasing swap space

I searched the archives first, but found that there are alot of mixed answers on whether swap space can or can not be increased. Some postings said swap space can be increased using the swap or growfs commands while other postings said you can not increase the permanent size of the swap space. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kevin1166
1 Replies

7. Solaris

increasing file system size

Hi Can anyone explain me how to increase the filesystem size. We can do it when the system is running? It needs an reboot? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Increasing allocated space to a mount - possible?

Hey guys, I am somewhat new to Solaris - and very new when it comes to mounts. My problem is that when I installed Solaris, I allocated way too little diskspace to my / mount (it first became obvious now, however, because of new needs). bash-3.00# df -h Filesystem size ... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: brightstorm
25 Replies

9. Linux

Increasing total data size per file system request for block drivers

Hi All, I am writing a block driver for a 2GB SD card where i get the total amount of data per request as follows: struct request *req; uint card_addr,total_bytes; struct request_queue *rq = BlkDev->queue; req = elv_next_request(rq); .. .. card_addr = req->sector*512;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amio
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Help with increasing file system size in Sun OS 5.9

Hi, I have recently taken up to support these SunOS 5.9 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 boxes and got a request to increase the size of /backup01 as its getting filled up quickly and can't play much on it as these are production servers. As I have no idea about how to do this, can anyone let me... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phanidhar6039
0 Replies
jfs_mkfs(8)						     JFS file system creation						       jfs_mkfs(8)

NAME
jfs_mkfs - create a JFS formatted partition SYNOPSIS
jfs_mkfs [options] device [ blocks ] DESCRIPTION
jfs_mkfs is used to create (format) a JFS partition. jfs_mkfs must be run as root. device is the special file name corresponding to the actual device (e.g. /dev/hdb1) on which a JFS file system and/or JFS journal will be created. blocks is the number of blocks to be used for the file system. If omitted, jfs_mkfs automatically figures the file system size. The default block size is 4096. WARNING
jfs_mkfs will destroy all data on the specified device! OPTIONS
-c Check the device for bad blocks before building the file system. -j journal_device Create the external JFS journal on journal_device , create the JFS file system on device , and attach the external journal to the file system. -J journal-options Create the JFS journal on its own device or attach an external JFS journal to the JFS file system using options specified on the command-line. The following journal options are supported: journal_dev Create an external JFS journal on the given device. device=external-journal Attach an existing external JFS journal located on external-journal to the JFS file system that will be created on device. The external journal must already have been created using the command jfs_mkfs -J journal_dev external-journal Attach the external journal to the file system being created by using the command jfs_mkfs -J device=external-journal device Instead of specifying a device name directly, external-journal can also be specified by either LABEL=label or UUID=UUID to locate the external journal by either the volume label or UUID stored in the JFS external log superblock at the start of the journal. Use jfs_tune(8) to display a journal device's volume label and UUID. (See the -l, -L, and -U options of jfs_tune(8).) Only one of the journal_dev or device= options can be given per jfs_mkfs issuance. -L volume_label Set the volume label for the newly formatted device. If -L volume_label is used along with -J journal_device, the volume label of the specified external journal device will be set to volume_label. Otherwise, the volume label of the JFS file system will be set to volume_label. -O Provide case-insensitive support for compatibility with OS/2. -q Quiet execution - do not ask for confirmation before creating the file system. -s log_size Set the log size (in megabytes) of the inline log. If the -s option is not used, the default log size is 0.4% of the aggregate size. -V Print version information and exit (regardless of any other chosen options). EXAMPLES
Format 3rd partition on 2nd hard disk with the volume label "JFS_hdb3": jfs_mkfs -L JFS_hdb3 /dev/hdb3 Format 5th partition on 1st hard disk, verifying each block created: jfs_mkfs -c /dev/hda5 Format 3rd partition on 2nd hard disk as external journal, format 4th partition on 1st hard disk as JFS file system, and attach the exter- nal journal to the file system: jfs_mkfs -j /dev/hdb3 /dev/hda4 REPORTING BUGS
If you find a bug in JFS or jfs_mkfs, please report it via the bug tracking system ("Report Bugs" section) of the JFS project web site: http://jfs.sourceforge.net/ Please send as much pertinent information as possible including any error messages resulting from running jfs_mkfs. SEE ALSO
mkfs(8), jfs_fsck(8), jfs_fscklog(8), jfs_tune(8), jfs_logdump(8), jfs_debugfs(8) AUTHORS
Barry Arndt (barndt@us.ibm.com) William Braswell, Jr. jfs_mkfs is maintained by IBM. See the JFS project web site for more details: http://jfs.sourceforge.net/ March 9, 2005 jfs_mkfs(8)