Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Gpk-update-icon consume more CPU Post 302838215 by csorhand on Monday 29th of July 2013 06:57:13 AM
Old 07-29-2013
Try changing other X managers . change to GNOME or KDE or gnome lite. or do the following

System->Preferences->Personal->Sessions

Untick "PackageKit Update Applet"

Or simple use the init 3 instead of init 5 in your inittab

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check CPU consume time by unix script.

Hi, I searched for any answers to this query bu in vain. My question is , Is their any script or command to check how much CPU time is been taken by a script. thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Bhat
1 Replies

2. AIX

How to find the top 6 users (which consume most space)?

Hi everybody, I want to know if there is any posibility to find out - on an AIX system - which are the the users who consume most space or at least a posibility to obtain a list with all the users and how much space are they consuming ? Trying to use du command was useless. Any idea?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RebelDac
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to know which process consume CPU time more

Hi, I have problem like everyday i have to check which process consuming more cpu time. I have done it manually using top command.. Is there any script which will tell the exact process name which will consuming more time. I am using hpux. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh08
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

x0vncserver consume 100% resources when view connect to display 0(console)

Hi I would like to ask if someone has suffer and solve the case of vnc server conf running on a solaris system. The x0vncserver consume a 100 percent of resources when the vnc viewer connect to a console display 0. but ok when we connect to a Xvnc server with display :1. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to consume all available space on partition?

Hi I'm doing some resilience testing and need to write a script to consume all of the available disk space on a partition and then to free it up again. This would need to be - Safe Dynamic, in that it calculates the free space prior to consuming it. I might want to go on to consume a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbq
7 Replies

7. AIX

Process lose its parent then consume high CPU usage ...

Hello. In an informix context, on AIX 5.3 TL 12, we encounter this problem : Sometimes in the day (probably when users exits from their session), a child process lose its parent (PPID is now "1") and this child is consumming lot of CPU "USER". I tried, on different cases, "truss -p... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
4 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Update to Posts - Member Info Icon and Badge

Hey, Upgrade (step 1) the posts, by putting a "user info" icon in the top right and making it so it toggles the user info. The user info icon has a badge which shows the number of posts. I will have to dig around in the code more to get the total posts thanks and other badges working; but... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
22 Replies
SSHMENU(1)						      General Commands Manual							SSHMENU(1)

NAME
sshmenu - GNOME applet for connecting to hosts using SSH. DESCRIPTION
The SSHMenu applet puts all your most frequently used SSH connections on a handy menu in your GNOME panel (see below for non-GNOME ver- sions. Click on a host name to open a new gnome-terminal window with an ssh connection to the selected host. Set up SSH options (such as port forwarding etc) and select a gnome terminal profile (for colour schemes, font sizes etc) using the preferences dialog. Add the applet to a GNOME panel in the normal way: right click on the panel, select 'Add to Panel' and then select the SSH Menu Applet from the list. Configure the applet using the 'Preferences' option on the applet menu. STANDALONE VERSIONS
The SSHMenu application uses the GTK GUI toolkit but is not dependent on the GNOME desktop environment. Two alternative wrapper scripts are provided: sshmenu-gnome - provides all the functionality of the SSHMenu applet but in a standalone application window that could (for example) be swallowed into the panel of an alternative desktop environment. sshmenu - provides similar functionality to sshmenu-gnome, but without any GNOME dependencies. Notably, xterm is used instead of gnome- terminal. The Hacker's Guide ( http://sshmenu.sourceforge.net/dev/hackers_guide.html ) describes a number of ways in which the SSHMenu can be further customised. OPTIONS
The applet is not invoked from the command-line however the standalone versions recognise the following options and can be extended to recognise more: -c FILE, --config-file FILE read and write config information to FILE instead of the default $HOME/.sshmenu -d NUM, --debug NUM set debug level to NUM (default: 0) -s NUM, --socket-window-id NUM use the XEmbed protocol to embed the SSHMenu user interface in the window identified by NUM instead of creating a new, top-level window, -V, --version output version information and exit AUTHOR
sshmenu-applet was written by Grant McLean <grant@mclean.net.nz> July 4, 2006 SSHMENU(1)