Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding the pattern and replacing the pattern inside the file Post 302836523 by saaisiva on Wednesday 24th of July 2013 10:10:02 AM
Old 07-24-2013
Hi Yoda,
It is not working for the complex things like the text below: i have 500 to 1000 lines in the txt file which i have to replace.

Code:
I have a lerarne  a &lesson=ddd;
which i have to for &mm=22;
asdfasd &G=3;
sad &aa=sss
sor sdfsdf dsfsdfs &lesson
saasdasdasd
d ther asdfadd &lesson
asda &aa
asdasdasd&AA

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a paragraph between pattern , with the content 4m another file

hi, i wanted to put the output of file f1 into the pattern space of file f2 f1: wjwjwjwjwjwjwj //these line go in file f2 jwjwjwjwjwjjwjw wjwjwjwjjwjwjwj f2: Pattern_start __________ //these are the line to be replaced __________ Pattern_end i m... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: go4desperado
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with finding & replacing pattern in a file

Hi everyone. Could u be so kind and help me with on "simple" shell script? 1. i need to search a file line by line for a pattern. example of a lines in that file 2947 domain = feD,id = 00 0A 02 48 17 1E 1D 39 DE 00 0E 00,Name Values:snNo = f10 Add AttFlag = 0 2. i need to find... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dusoo
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing a pattern in a file

Hi guys, i have a pattern that i am searching in a file and i want to extract some of this pattern ... module TS1N65ULPA96X32M4 ( .... i want to extract only TS1N65ULPA96X32M4 part and i do the following sed 's/module \(x*\).*/\1/' name_of_file but this is not quite right. could... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROOZ
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding Last occurance of another pattern when a pattern is found.

Hi, I have two files viz, rak1: $ cat rak1 rak2: $ cat rak2 sdiff rak1 rak2 returns: I want the lines that got modified, changed, or deleted preceding with the section they are in. I have done this so far: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in sed command ( Replacing a pattern inside a file with a variable value )

Hello, The following sed command is giving error sed: -e expression #1, char 13: unknown option to `s' The sed command is echo "//-----" | sed "s/\/\/---*/$parChk/g" where parChk="//---ee-" How can i print the variable value from sed command ? And is it possible to replace a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV: Replacing multiple occurrences inside a pattern

Greatings all, I am coming to seek your knowledge and some help on an issue I can not currently get over. I have been searching the boards but did not find anything close to this matter I am struggling with. I am trying to clean a CSV file and make it loadable for my SQL*Loader. My problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: OCanada
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with matching pattern inside a file

I have a huge file that has roughly 30304 lines. I need to extract specific info from that file. For example, Box 1 > *aaaaaaaajjjj* > hbbvjvj > jdnnfddllll > *dgdfhfekwjh* Box 2 > *aaaaaaa'aj'jjj* > dse hkjuejef bfdw > dyeee > dsewq > *dgdfhfekwjh* >feweiuei Box 3 > *aaaa"aaaaj"jjj* >... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ernst
25 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a pattern in different cases in different columns with a single pattern

Hi All I am having pipe seperated inputs like Adam|PeteR|Josh|PEter Nick|Rave|Simon|Paul Steve|smith|PETER|Josh Andrew|Daniel|StAlin|peter Rick|PETer|ADam|RAVE i want to repleace all the occurrence of peter (in any case pattern PeteR,PEter,PETER,peter,PETer) with Peter so that output... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudeep.id
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy pattern inside the file

Hi all, I have files and have a missing record. I need copy the existing record and mark those values up. For example in the below file 11048 is missing. I need to copy 22001 and copy those create the values for 11048. I have 120 set of files and I need to do that on all files. Note the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[sed] Finding and sticking the pattern to the beginning of successive lines up to the next pattern

I have a file like below. 2018.07.01, Sunday 09:27 some text 123456789 0 21 0.06 0.07 0.00 2018.07.02, Monday 09:31 some text 123456789 1 41 0.26 0.32 0.00 09:39 some text 456789012 1 0.07 0.09 0.09 09:45 some text 932469494 1 55 0.29 0.36 0.00 16:49 some text 123456789 0 48 0.12 0.15 0.00... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: father_7
9 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)