Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Enabling SFTP log on Solaris
Operating Systems Solaris Enabling SFTP log on Solaris Post 302836181 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 23rd of July 2013 04:55:23 PM
Old 07-23-2013
You can enable logging on ssh level. Modify /etc/syslog.conf:
Code:
auth.info /var/log/auth

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help using SFTP i Solaris

Folks; How can i give a user the privilege to upload files into Solaris UNIX box using sftp? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
10 Replies

2. Solaris

Implementing sftp within Solaris 10

Greetings! Does anyone know of any HowTos or cookbooks that will give a good overview of implementing sftp within Solaris 10? Specifically, I need to know (1) Installation procedure (2) which logs monitor sftp and where the logs are located at (3) how to create/install sftp users and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobSand
4 Replies

3. Solaris

SFTP from Solaris to Windows

Hello Guys, I was looking for a method for passwordless SFTP from Solaris to Windows server. I googled a lot, but could not find anything which would suit my purpose. All I found on google was the error messages that people got, but not how to do it. Please help. I am in urgent need of it. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajp002
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

automate sftp in sun solaris.

Hi, I'm using Sun Solaris OS. I have configured sftp and can exchange files in command prompt. Now when I try to automate it in ksh script, facing issue as I want to capture the status if the transfer was successful or not. So tried sftp -b and sftp -B option but its not working. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shinny
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris sftp throttling?

I get poor performance when sftp'ing a file to a server on a SunOS 5.10 system, with Sun_SSH_1.1.4. The same client performs much better to a linux system at the same site. From a TCPdump, it appears that the Solaris server is throttling the thruput. After proceeding normally for a while, the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AGermain
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

7. Solaris

SCP/SFTP- Stalled- solaris

hello all, I am getting the following error with the SCP/Sftp is getting stalled on solaris 10 . pxxx_xxx_SOLARIS64_1of7.zip 0% 2068KB 0.0KB/s - stalled -Write failed: Broken pipe pxxx_xxx_SOLARIS64_1of7.zip ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sojourner
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Enabling TFTP in Solaris 10

Hi, I was trying to enable TFTP on my Solaris 10. I started with un-commenting the tftp line in /etc/inetd.conf and inetconv -i /etc/inetd.conf for tftp installation. I did reboot the server afterwards, but i still cannot find the /tftpboot directory. though the return of svcs -a | grep -i tftp... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: A.Salama
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Enabling Solaris Audit log: Solaris 9

Dear All, I have one of my Servers, running Solaris 9. I wanna enable the Audit log enabling, the way I did in Solaris 10 Servers. After running, the bsmconv script, giving the reboots, modifying all the audit files in /etc/security, the audit is enabled, but the audit file which shall be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet1806
3 Replies
gesftpserver(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   gesftpserver(8)

NAME
gesftpserver - Green End SFTP Server SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/gesftpserver [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
gesftpserver implements the SFTP protocol. It is normally run as an SSH subsystem but can be run in other contexts if necessary. CONFIGURING OPENSSH
By default, OpenSSH will use its native SFTP server in response to requests for the SFTP subsystem. To use gesftpserver instead, add a suitable Subsystem command to sshd_config (and remove the existing one if present). For example: Subsystem sftp /usr/lib/gesftpserver IMPLEMENTATION DETAILS
gesftpserver supports up to version 6 of the SFTP protocol and the following extensions: newline Reports the server's newline convention to the client. space-available Equivalent to df(1). supported v5 capability details supported2 v6 capability details text-seek Used for resuming text file downloads. vendor-id Reports server name and version to client. gesftpserver reports a vendor of "Green End" and a server name of "Green End SFTP Server". versions Lists available versions. version-select Select version. posix-rename@openssh.org Provides POSIX rename semantics even in pre-v5 SFTP. SEE ALSO
sshd_config(5) gesftpserver(8)