Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Enabling SFTP log on Solaris
Operating Systems Solaris Enabling SFTP log on Solaris Post 302836181 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 23rd of July 2013 04:55:23 PM
Old 07-23-2013
You can enable logging on ssh level. Modify /etc/syslog.conf:
Code:
auth.info /var/log/auth

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help using SFTP i Solaris

Folks; How can i give a user the privilege to upload files into Solaris UNIX box using sftp? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
10 Replies

2. Solaris

Implementing sftp within Solaris 10

Greetings! Does anyone know of any HowTos or cookbooks that will give a good overview of implementing sftp within Solaris 10? Specifically, I need to know (1) Installation procedure (2) which logs monitor sftp and where the logs are located at (3) how to create/install sftp users and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobSand
4 Replies

3. Solaris

SFTP from Solaris to Windows

Hello Guys, I was looking for a method for passwordless SFTP from Solaris to Windows server. I googled a lot, but could not find anything which would suit my purpose. All I found on google was the error messages that people got, but not how to do it. Please help. I am in urgent need of it. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajp002
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

automate sftp in sun solaris.

Hi, I'm using Sun Solaris OS. I have configured sftp and can exchange files in command prompt. Now when I try to automate it in ksh script, facing issue as I want to capture the status if the transfer was successful or not. So tried sftp -b and sftp -B option but its not working. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shinny
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris sftp throttling?

I get poor performance when sftp'ing a file to a server on a SunOS 5.10 system, with Sun_SSH_1.1.4. The same client performs much better to a linux system at the same site. From a TCPdump, it appears that the Solaris server is throttling the thruput. After proceeding normally for a while, the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AGermain
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

7. Solaris

SCP/SFTP- Stalled- solaris

hello all, I am getting the following error with the SCP/Sftp is getting stalled on solaris 10 . pxxx_xxx_SOLARIS64_1of7.zip 0% 2068KB 0.0KB/s - stalled -Write failed: Broken pipe pxxx_xxx_SOLARIS64_1of7.zip ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sojourner
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Enabling TFTP in Solaris 10

Hi, I was trying to enable TFTP on my Solaris 10. I started with un-commenting the tftp line in /etc/inetd.conf and inetconv -i /etc/inetd.conf for tftp installation. I did reboot the server afterwards, but i still cannot find the /tftpboot directory. though the return of svcs -a | grep -i tftp... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: A.Salama
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Enabling Solaris Audit log: Solaris 9

Dear All, I have one of my Servers, running Solaris 9. I wanna enable the Audit log enabling, the way I did in Solaris 10 Servers. After running, the bsmconv script, giving the reboots, modifying all the audit files in /etc/security, the audit is enabled, but the audit file which shall be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet1806
3 Replies
Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat(3pm)

NAME
Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat - Adaptor for Net::SFTP compatibility SYNOPSIS
use Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat; my $sftp = Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat->new($host); $sftp->get("foo", "bar"); $sftp->put("bar", "baz"); use Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat ':supplant'; my $sftp = Net::SFTP->new($host); DESCRIPTION
This package is a wrapper around Net::SFTP::Foreign that provides an API (mostly) compatible with that of Net::SFTP. Methods on this package are identical to those in Net::SFTP except that Net::SFTP::Foreign::Attributes::Compat objects have to be used instead of Net::SFTP::Attributes. If the ":supplant" tag is used, this module installs also wrappers on the "Net::SFTP" and Net::SFTP::Attributes packages so no other parts of the program have to modified in order to move from Net::SFTP to Net::SFTP::Foreign. Setting defaults The hash %Net::SFTP::Foreign::DEFAULTS can be used to set default values for Net::SFTP::Foreign methods called under the hood and otherwise not accesible through the Net::SFTP API. The entries currently supported are: new => @opts extra options passed to Net::SFTP::Foreign constructor. get => @opts extra options passed to Net::SFTP::Foreign::get method. put => @opts extra options passed to Net::SFTP::Foreign::put method. ls => @opts extra options passed to Net::SFTP::Foreign::ls method. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006-2008, 2011 Salvador Fandin~o All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-04 Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat(3pm)