Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Enabling SFTP log on Solaris
Operating Systems Solaris Enabling SFTP log on Solaris Post 302836101 by batas on Tuesday 23rd of July 2013 01:37:21 PM
Old 07-23-2013
Man can't help Smilie

sftp logging is not enabled on SOL 9 and SOL 10 but its now available on SOL 11

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help using SFTP i Solaris

Folks; How can i give a user the privilege to upload files into Solaris UNIX box using sftp? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
10 Replies

2. Solaris

Implementing sftp within Solaris 10

Greetings! Does anyone know of any HowTos or cookbooks that will give a good overview of implementing sftp within Solaris 10? Specifically, I need to know (1) Installation procedure (2) which logs monitor sftp and where the logs are located at (3) how to create/install sftp users and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobSand
4 Replies

3. Solaris

SFTP from Solaris to Windows

Hello Guys, I was looking for a method for passwordless SFTP from Solaris to Windows server. I googled a lot, but could not find anything which would suit my purpose. All I found on google was the error messages that people got, but not how to do it. Please help. I am in urgent need of it. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajp002
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

automate sftp in sun solaris.

Hi, I'm using Sun Solaris OS. I have configured sftp and can exchange files in command prompt. Now when I try to automate it in ksh script, facing issue as I want to capture the status if the transfer was successful or not. So tried sftp -b and sftp -B option but its not working. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shinny
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris sftp throttling?

I get poor performance when sftp'ing a file to a server on a SunOS 5.10 system, with Sun_SSH_1.1.4. The same client performs much better to a linux system at the same site. From a TCPdump, it appears that the Solaris server is throttling the thruput. After proceeding normally for a while, the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AGermain
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

7. Solaris

SCP/SFTP- Stalled- solaris

hello all, I am getting the following error with the SCP/Sftp is getting stalled on solaris 10 . pxxx_xxx_SOLARIS64_1of7.zip 0% 2068KB 0.0KB/s - stalled -Write failed: Broken pipe pxxx_xxx_SOLARIS64_1of7.zip ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sojourner
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Enabling TFTP in Solaris 10

Hi, I was trying to enable TFTP on my Solaris 10. I started with un-commenting the tftp line in /etc/inetd.conf and inetconv -i /etc/inetd.conf for tftp installation. I did reboot the server afterwards, but i still cannot find the /tftpboot directory. though the return of svcs -a | grep -i tftp... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: A.Salama
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Enabling Solaris Audit log: Solaris 9

Dear All, I have one of my Servers, running Solaris 9. I wanna enable the Audit log enabling, the way I did in Solaris 10 Servers. After running, the bsmconv script, giving the reboots, modifying all the audit files in /etc/security, the audit is enabled, but the audit file which shall be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet1806
3 Replies
SFTP-SERVER(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    SFTP-SERVER(8)

NAME
sftp-server -- SFTP server subsystem SYNOPSIS
sftp-server [-ehR] [-d start_directory] [-f log_facility] [-l log_level] [-P blacklisted_requests] [-p whitelisted_requests] [-u umask] sftp-server -Q protocol_feature DESCRIPTION
sftp-server is a program that speaks the server side of SFTP protocol to stdout and expects client requests from stdin. sftp-server is not intended to be called directly, but from sshd(8) using the Subsystem option. Command-line flags to sftp-server should be specified in the Subsystem declaration. See sshd_config(5) for more information. Valid options are: -d start_directory specifies an alternate starting directory for users. The pathname may contain the following tokens that are expanded at runtime: %% is replaced by a literal '%', %h is replaced by the home directory of the user being authenticated, and %u is replaced by the user- name of that user. The default is to use the user's home directory. This option is useful in conjunction with the sshd_config(5) ChrootDirectory option. -e Causes sftp-server to print logging information to stderr instead of syslog for debugging. -f log_facility Specifies the facility code that is used when logging messages from sftp-server. The possible values are: DAEMON, USER, AUTH, LOCAL0, LOCAL1, LOCAL2, LOCAL3, LOCAL4, LOCAL5, LOCAL6, LOCAL7. The default is AUTH. -h Displays sftp-server usage information. -l log_level Specifies which messages will be logged by sftp-server. The possible values are: QUIET, FATAL, ERROR, INFO, VERBOSE, DEBUG, DEBUG1, DEBUG2, and DEBUG3. INFO and VERBOSE log transactions that sftp-server performs on behalf of the client. DEBUG and DEBUG1 are equivalent. DEBUG2 and DEBUG3 each specify higher levels of debugging output. The default is ERROR. -P blacklisted_requests Specify a comma-separated list of SFTP protocol requests that are banned by the server. sftp-server will reply to any blacklisted request with a failure. The -Q flag can be used to determine the supported request types. If both a blacklist and a whitelist are specified, then the blacklist is applied before the whitelist. -p whitelisted_requests Specify a comma-separated list of SFTP protocol requests that are permitted by the server. All request types that are not on the whitelist will be logged and replied to with a failure message. Care must be taken when using this feature to ensure that requests made implicitly by SFTP clients are permitted. -Q protocol_feature Query protocol features supported by sftp-server. At present the only feature that may be queried is ``requests'', which may be used for black or whitelisting (flags -P and -p respectively). -R Places this instance of sftp-server into a read-only mode. Attempts to open files for writing, as well as other operations that change the state of the filesystem, will be denied. -u umask Sets an explicit umask(2) to be applied to newly-created files and directories, instead of the user's default mask. For logging to work, sftp-server must be able to access /dev/log. Use of sftp-server in a chroot configuration therefore requires that syslogd(8) establish a logging socket inside the chroot directory. SEE ALSO
sftp(1), ssh(1), sshd_config(5), sshd(8) T. Ylonen and S. Lehtinen, SSH File Transfer Protocol, draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-02.txt, October 2001, work in progress material. HISTORY
sftp-server first appeared in OpenBSD 2.8. AUTHORS
Markus Friedl <markus@openbsd.org> BSD
October 14, 2013 BSD