Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding the pattern and replacing the pattern inside the file Post 302835939 by saaisiva on Wednesday 24th of July 2013 07:11:29 AM
Old 07-24-2013
Finding the pattern and replacing the pattern inside the file

Going to work on this part again. .

---------- Post updated 07-24-13 at 03:23 AM ---------- Previous update was 07-23-13 at 08:32 AM ----------

I have used following codes but i didnt get the required result:
Code:
sed -i "s|${variable}|${value_map[${variable}]}|g" "${input_file}"

---------- Post updated at 06:11 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:23 AM ----------

I am getting error(command not found) if i use this code: Help me out in this:

Code:
#set -x
grep -i "&*=" sample.txt >sample1.txt
#file="Replace_sample.txt"
while read line
do
  var=`echo $line |cut -f1 -d '='`
  val=`echo $var |cut -f2 -d '='`
sed -i  's|${var}|${val}|g' "sample.txt"
done < "sample1.txt"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a paragraph between pattern , with the content 4m another file

hi, i wanted to put the output of file f1 into the pattern space of file f2 f1: wjwjwjwjwjwjwj //these line go in file f2 jwjwjwjwjwjjwjw wjwjwjwjjwjwjwj f2: Pattern_start __________ //these are the line to be replaced __________ Pattern_end i m... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: go4desperado
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with finding & replacing pattern in a file

Hi everyone. Could u be so kind and help me with on "simple" shell script? 1. i need to search a file line by line for a pattern. example of a lines in that file 2947 domain = feD,id = 00 0A 02 48 17 1E 1D 39 DE 00 0E 00,Name Values:snNo = f10 Add AttFlag = 0 2. i need to find... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dusoo
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing a pattern in a file

Hi guys, i have a pattern that i am searching in a file and i want to extract some of this pattern ... module TS1N65ULPA96X32M4 ( .... i want to extract only TS1N65ULPA96X32M4 part and i do the following sed 's/module \(x*\).*/\1/' name_of_file but this is not quite right. could... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROOZ
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding Last occurance of another pattern when a pattern is found.

Hi, I have two files viz, rak1: $ cat rak1 rak2: $ cat rak2 sdiff rak1 rak2 returns: I want the lines that got modified, changed, or deleted preceding with the section they are in. I have done this so far: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in sed command ( Replacing a pattern inside a file with a variable value )

Hello, The following sed command is giving error sed: -e expression #1, char 13: unknown option to `s' The sed command is echo "//-----" | sed "s/\/\/---*/$parChk/g" where parChk="//---ee-" How can i print the variable value from sed command ? And is it possible to replace a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV: Replacing multiple occurrences inside a pattern

Greatings all, I am coming to seek your knowledge and some help on an issue I can not currently get over. I have been searching the boards but did not find anything close to this matter I am struggling with. I am trying to clean a CSV file and make it loadable for my SQL*Loader. My problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: OCanada
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with matching pattern inside a file

I have a huge file that has roughly 30304 lines. I need to extract specific info from that file. For example, Box 1 > *aaaaaaaajjjj* > hbbvjvj > jdnnfddllll > *dgdfhfekwjh* Box 2 > *aaaaaaa'aj'jjj* > dse hkjuejef bfdw > dyeee > dsewq > *dgdfhfekwjh* >feweiuei Box 3 > *aaaa"aaaaj"jjj* >... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ernst
25 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a pattern in different cases in different columns with a single pattern

Hi All I am having pipe seperated inputs like Adam|PeteR|Josh|PEter Nick|Rave|Simon|Paul Steve|smith|PETER|Josh Andrew|Daniel|StAlin|peter Rick|PETer|ADam|RAVE i want to repleace all the occurrence of peter (in any case pattern PeteR,PEter,PETER,peter,PETer) with Peter so that output... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudeep.id
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy pattern inside the file

Hi all, I have files and have a missing record. I need copy the existing record and mark those values up. For example in the below file 11048 is missing. I need to copy 22001 and copy those create the values for 11048. I have 120 set of files and I need to do that on all files. Note the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[sed] Finding and sticking the pattern to the beginning of successive lines up to the next pattern

I have a file like below. 2018.07.01, Sunday 09:27 some text 123456789 0 21 0.06 0.07 0.00 2018.07.02, Monday 09:31 some text 123456789 1 41 0.26 0.32 0.00 09:39 some text 456789012 1 0.07 0.09 0.09 09:45 some text 932469494 1 55 0.29 0.36 0.00 16:49 some text 123456789 0 48 0.12 0.15 0.00... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: father_7
9 Replies
Tcl_StringMatch(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures						Tcl_StringMatch(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_StringMatch, Tcl_StringCaseMatch - test whether a string matches a pattern SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> int Tcl_StringMatch(string, pattern) int Tcl_StringCaseMatch(string, pattern, nocase) ARGUMENTS
char *string (in) String to test. char *pattern (in) Pattern to match against string. May contain special characters from the set *?[]. int nocase (in) Specifies whether the match should be done case-sensitive (0) or case-insensitive (1). _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This utility procedure determines whether a string matches a given pattern. If it does, then Tcl_StringMatch returns 1. Otherwise Tcl_StringMatch returns 0. The algorithm used for matching is the same algorithm used in the ``string match'' Tcl command and is similar to the algorithm used by the C-shell for file name matching; see the Tcl manual entry for details. | In Tcl_StringCaseMatch, the algorithm is the same, but you have the option to make the matching case-insensitive. If you choose this (by | passing nocase as 1), then the string and pattern are essentially matched in the lower case. KEYWORDS
match, pattern, string Tcl 8.1 Tcl_StringMatch(3)