Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Is it bad to Install the Whole Repository? Post 302835659 by Swathe on Monday 22nd of July 2013 11:17:40 PM
Old 07-23-2013
Install the whole repo??

Interesting concept I guess but stuff that.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Best Repository for SUSE 10.1 install?

I've made a few attempts at an OpenSuse10.1 clean install using a boot.iso and network repository install dir. I've succesfully done a few network installs before and know what I'm doing with the procedure, however I seem to be getting problems with the connection to the remote repository. It's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark Ward
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to search a bad record in a file then put the record in the bad file

I need to write a script that can find a bad record (for example: there is date field colom but value provided in the file for this field is N/A) then script shoud searches this pattern and then insert the whole record into the bad file. Example: File1 Name designation dateOfJoining... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shilendrajadon
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search a bad record in a file then put the record in the bad file

I need to write a script that can find a bad record (for example: there is date field colom but value provided in the file for this field is N/A) then script shoud searches this pattern and then insert the whole record into the bad file. Example: File1 Name designation dateOfJoining... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilendrajadon
2 Replies

4. AIX

bos.rte.5.2.0.10 - Failure to Install (/usr/lib/methods/cfgsf bad permissions)

I have a RS/6000 B80 which just had a disk failure; I've added a new drive and am in the process of rebuilding. I have reinstalled AIX 5.2 and am now looking to begin updating. (fyi this will be the second time I have attempted to rebuild this machine, the first time i installed ML 5200-10 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wesiman
1 Replies

5. Linux

install macbook pro fedora10 ???((<<if can install, how to install? >> ))

If may install can Tells everybody ??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzBSD
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why I get bad bad substitution when using eval?

Why I get bad replace when using eval? $ map0=( "0" "0000" "0") $ i=0 $ eval echo \${map$i} 0000 $ a=`eval echo \${map$i}` !!!error happens!!! bash: ${map$i}: bad substitution How to resolve it ? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Trying to install boost 1.4.1 without success maybe yum repository is wrong

Hi I following the tutorial to install boost 1.4.1 in centos 5.6 32 bit But without success maybe it doesn't find it in my repository in yum , but also when I compile the lib It doesn't find the libs . The tutorial link: Compiling gearman on CentOS 5.6 - gearman | Google Groups the error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Yum cannot install from repository

Hi guys, thanks for you help on this issue. I built a dvd repository on my server and when I try to install a package from it, I get this error ftp://10.0.0.12/pub/Packages/httpd-2.2.15-26.el6.x86_64.rpm: PYCURL ERROR 9 - "Server denied you to change to the given directory" I will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: InstallMedia.

Most of my commands are returning this error on RHEL 6 64 bit: Also I tried installing many sofwtares, but it fails to correctly work. For example I treid installing dos2unix: # rpm -ivh dos2unix-5.3.3-5.ram0.98.src.rpm 1:dos2unix warning: user mockbuild does not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: India_2014
0 Replies

10. SuSE

Repository out of date.

I get this message when attempting to update OpenSUSE 42.2: Error building the cache: Warning: Repository 'Main Update Repository' appears to be outdated. Consider using a different mirror or server. Nothing to do. What's happening? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: geos0xAA55
2 Replies
File::ShareDir::Install(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      File::ShareDir::Install(3pm)

NAME
File::ShareDir::Install - Install shared files SYNOPSIS
use ExtUtils::MakeMaker; use File::ShareDir::Install; install_share 'share'; install_share dist => 'dist-share'; install_share module => 'My::Module' => 'other-share'; WriteMakefile( ... ); # As you normaly would package MY; use File::ShareDir::Install qw(postamble); DESCRIPTION
File::ShareDir::Install allows you to install read-only data files from a distribution. It is a companion module to File::ShareDir, which allows you to locate these files after installation. It is a port Module::Install::Share to ExtUtils::MakeMaker with the improvement of only installing the files you want; ".svn" and other source-control junk will be ignored. EXPORT
install_share install_share $dir; install_share dist => $dir; install_share module => $module, $dir; Causes all the files in $dir and its sub-directories. to be installed into a per-dist or per-module share directory. Must be called before WriteMakefile. The first 2 forms are equivalent. The files will be installed when you run "make install". To locate the files after installation so they can be used inside your module, see File::ShareDir. my $dir = File::ShareDir::module_dir( $module ); Note that if you make multiple calls to "install_share" on different directories that contain the same filenames, the last of these calls takes precedence. In other words, if you do: install_share 'share1'; install_share 'share2'; And both "share1" and "share2" contain a fill called "info", the file "share2/info" will be installed into your "dist_dir()". postamble Exported into the MY package. Only documented here if you need to write your own postable. package MY; use File::ShareDir::Install; sub postamble { my $self = shift; my @ret = File::ShareDir::Install::postamble( $self ); # ... add more things to @ret; return join " ", @ret; } SEE ALSO
File::ShareDir, Module::Install. AUTHOR
Philip Gwyn, <gwyn-AT-cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2009-2011 by Philip Gwyn This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.8 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.12.4 2011-08-26 File::ShareDir::Install(3pm)