Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How-to find SerialNumber Sun E2900 Post 302835377 by magedfawzy on Monday 22nd of July 2013 09:46:39 AM
Old 07-22-2013
Tried it ... chassis serial unknown

tried also showplatform -p csn

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun Fire V1280 / E2900 / Netra 1280

Hello, I'm trying to fix this server System Board (CPU/Memory Unit). The error indicates that its missing 3.3VDC. So far all the fuses and caps have been checked. I new at this type of machine, need help for idea on this system. Thank you in advance. Vu (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vhtran
0 Replies

2. Solaris

E2900 controller naming

Hi all , I am trying to install solaris 9 on E2900 that is connect to a 3320 SCSI storage , The issue is that i want to have the SCSI disks(3320) to start with controllers 1 and 2 ( c1t0 ....c2t0) and my 2 local disks on c3 and c4 . Is there a way that i could accomplish that ... Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Config reader module in Sun MC Agent not work in E2900

Hi men, Have you ever meet this error ? I install full Sun MC 4.0 packages (+ Add ons) exception of Sun Midrange Platform Administration because i don't know how to configure it Then all other servers are ok, only E2900 servers have Config reader module error: Data Acquisition error I... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
12 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Fire E2900 crashed. Help analyze explorer

Dear Friends, Sun Fire E2900 crashed. I collected explorer output. core dump files been generated. There some interesting output files related to crash dumps, that I need some help from you guys to understand. The file in the explorer output is under /sysconfig/crash it's called:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sun Fire
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Where can I find Sun Documents? Document ID: 75970

I am looking for the below Document ID: Document ID: 75970 Title: "Simulating a Boot Drive Failure for Testing Purposes for Solstice DiskSuite, Solaris Volume Manager or Veritas Volume Manager" I tried searching on the web and Oracle and I cannot find this document; ever since Oracle... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
2 Replies

6. Solaris

e2900 hardware issue?

Hi, I am fairly new to Solaris , i have an e2900 server which gives the following output on the console: Fri Sep 23 08:20:57 noname.example.com lom: /N0/SB0 : F ailed AR interconnect test. Status = 00060040 Fri Sep 23 08:21:00 noname.example.com lom: AR Intercon nect test: System board... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve_b72
7 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Solaris: Not able to access E2900 console

Hi, I have a scheduled activity to reboot E2900 server. But suddenly I came to know that console ip is not pinging, not connecting via telnet, as it used to connect. I already checked with my onsite person and he changed cable, still no luck. Network person checked his switch, which is showing... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Reasonable useful life for e2900

What would you think is a reasonable useful lifespan for a Sunfire e2900. I'm not referring to it's performance capabilities as much as I'm referring to the hardware's ability to perform reliably. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DustinT
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Hung ILOM - e2900

While trying to perform a firmware upgrade on this ilom, the system refused to allow uploading of more than ~900k or so... We tried multiple approaches using FTP and all failed. I decided to start this morning by firing up Apache on another box and trying the same process via HTTP but when I went... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DustinT
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find / sed on lnx/AIX/sun

Hello @all first of all in the best case this script has to work on every os (lnx/aix/sun). It's very simple what it should do. I have a standard path and I'll call it for this example /myhome/scripts Within this path there are more files and folders and some of them are tagged with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Miniqpa
4 Replies
partition(5)							File Formats Manual						      partition(5)

NAME
partition - display information about the Partition Command Line Interface SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
This manpage gives a listing and brief description of the commands which are used to manage a partitionable system. | Command | Description -----------+---------------------------------------------------- cplxmodify | Modify an existing complex. | parconfig | Provides a recommended nPartition configuration. | parcreate | Create a new partition. | parmodify | Modify an existing partition. | parolrad | Activate and Deactivate cell online. | parstatus | Display partition and available resources informa- | tion for a partitionable system. | parremove | Remove an existing partition. | parunlock | Unlock the Stable Complex Configuration Data or | Partition Configuration Data. | fruled | Turn attention LEDs on/off for cells, cabinets and | I/O chassis. | frupower | Turn power on/off for cells and I/O chassis. AUTHOR
was developed by the Hewlett-Packard Company. SEE ALSO
fruled(1), parstatus(1), cplxmodify(1M), frupower(1M), parconfig(1M), parcreate(1M), parmgr(1M), parmodify(1M), parolrad(1M), par- remove(1M), parunlock(1M). on partition(5)