Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to copy files from remote server to local? Post 302835015 by parpaa on Sunday 21st of July 2013 10:45:49 AM
Old 07-21-2013
How to copy files from remote server to local?

I am not sure if you have understood my complete requirement here?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to copy files from local computer to server

hi, im a newbie using unix. My local computer OS is Windows XP while server is using Unix. May i know how to transfer file from local computer to server? i do not know the commands. Thanks. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagolo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from remote server to local server

Hi, I am facing a weired problem in my FTP script. I want to transfer multiple files from remote server to local server everyday, using mget * in my script. I also, want to send an email for successful or failed FTP. My script works for file transfer, but it don't send any mail. There is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: berlin_germany
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files from a remote server to local system with cygwin

Hi. I'm sorry if I get on people's nerves asking this, but I don't really understand how to do this and unfortunately don't have the time to work through it step by step in books, etc. At University, we have a unix server that hosts our files. we each have a login and password to access it. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: patwa
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Commands to copy a tar.gz file from a Remote Unix Server to Local Desktop.

Hi, Just wanted to know, how can I ftp/transfer/copy a (design.tar.gz) archive from a Unix Server (sdmc222.sdmc.cp-srv.com) which is at a remote location, to my Windows Desktop. Obviously, it is not possible at cmd prompt on my Windows using the following commands :- ftp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marconi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy files from remote server (B) to target server (A)?

Hi All, what is the comand to log off the remote server? I have 2 servers A, B. I need to find all files older than 7 days on server B and copy over to server A. My logic is: login the remote server: ================= ssh hostB cd /data/test find . -mtime -7 -ls | awk '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginer0705
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from remote server

Hi Friends, Could you please help me as per my requirement mentioned below ? I have to copy files from one unix server to another unix server, and the files that i need to copy from the remote server are only those which are modified/created Today from abc directory on the remote server (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramask
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare zip files from a local to remote server

Good evening I need your help pease I know there are 2 commands(diff, or cp) to compare files in a directory. but the question arises: 1. can i compare zip files or ive got to unzip them? 2. how can i compare 2 files from a local to a remote server? (is there any special commad or ive got... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from Linux server local windows machine using a shell script

Hello, I need to create a shell script which will copy files - which are created on particular date and starting with particular name - to local windows XP machine. Is this possible.? Currently it is being done manually using winscp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Script to get files from remote server to local server through sftp without prompting for password

Hi, I am trying to automate the process of fetching files from remote server to local server through sftp. I have the username and password for the remote solaris server. But I need to give password manually everytime i run the script. Can anyone help me in automating the script such that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy local files to single remote host but multiple folders using rsync

I'm trying to copy a file myfile.scr from my local Linux server to multiple folders on remote AiX server using single rsync command. Below command helps me copy the file "myfile.scr" from my localhost to a remote host folder "/app/deployment/tmpfiles" rsync --delay-updates -F --compress... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
ROFFPP(1)						      General Commands Manual							 ROFFPP(1)

NAME
roffpp - replace .so requests within *roff sources SYNOPSIS
roffpp [ option... ][ infile [ outfile ]] roffpp -Help roffpp -VERSion DESCRIPTION
The roffpp command may be used to copies the input file to the output file, including files named using .so directives along the way, and removing the .so directives. This is useful when processing large multi-file documents with filters such as tbl(1) or eqn(1) which do not understand the .so directive. The .nx directive is not understood. The roffpp program is not a general *roff interpreter, so many constructs will be beyond it, fortunately, most of them have nothing to do with include files. Include files which cannot be found, probably from uninterpreted *roff constructs, if the files really does exist, will simply be passed through unchanged, for *roff to interpret at a later time. The roffpp program also allows the user to specify an include search path. This allows, for example, common files to be kept in a central location. Only directives of the form .so filename are processed. If the directive is introduced using the single quote form, or the dot is not the first character of the line, the directive will be ignored. Any extra arguments on the line are ignored, and quoting is not understood. All characters are interpreted literally. Examples of directives which will be ignored include 'so /usr/lib/tmac/tmac.an .if n .so yuck This list is not exhaustive. The special file name `-' on the command line means the standard input or standard output, as appropriate. Files which are omitted are also assumed to be the standard input or standard output, as appropriate. The output attempts to keep file names and line numbers in sync by using the .lf directive. The .lf directive is also understood as input. This is compatible with groff(1) and the other GNU text utilities included in the groff package. OPTIONS
The following options are understood. -Ipath Specify include path, a la cc(1). Include paths are searched in the order specified. The include search path defaults to the current directory if and only if the user does not specify any include search paths. -Help Give information on how to use roffpp. -VERSion Tell what version of roffpp is being run. Any other option will generate a diagnostic error. All options may be abbreviated; the abbreviation is documented as the upper case letters, all lower case letters and underscores (_) are optional. You must use consecutive sequences of optional letters. All options are case insensitive, you may type them in upper case or lower case or a combination of both, case is not important. For example: the arguments "-help", "-HEL" and "-h" are all interpreted to mean the -Help option. The argument "-hlp" will not be understood, because consecutive optional characters were not supplied. Options and other command line arguments may be mixed arbitrarily on the command line. The GNU long option names are understood. Since all option names for roffpp are long, this means ignoring the extra leading '-'. The "--option=value" convention is also understood. EXIT STATUS
The roffpp command will exit with a status of 1 on any error. The roffpp command will only exit with a status of 0 if there are no errors. COPYRIGHT
roffpp version 2.33 Copyright (C) 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 Peter Miller The roffpp program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use the 'roffpp -VERSion License' command. This is free software and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions; for details use the 'roffpp -VERSion License' command. AUTHOR
Peter Miller E-Mail: pmiller@opensource.org.au //* WWW: http://miller.emu.id.au/pmiller/ Reference Manual Cook ROFFPP(1)