Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to copy files from remote server to local? Post 302835015 by parpaa on Sunday 21st of July 2013 10:45:49 AM
Old 07-21-2013
How to copy files from remote server to local?

I am not sure if you have understood my complete requirement here?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to copy files from local computer to server

hi, im a newbie using unix. My local computer OS is Windows XP while server is using Unix. May i know how to transfer file from local computer to server? i do not know the commands. Thanks. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagolo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from remote server to local server

Hi, I am facing a weired problem in my FTP script. I want to transfer multiple files from remote server to local server everyday, using mget * in my script. I also, want to send an email for successful or failed FTP. My script works for file transfer, but it don't send any mail. There is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: berlin_germany
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files from a remote server to local system with cygwin

Hi. I'm sorry if I get on people's nerves asking this, but I don't really understand how to do this and unfortunately don't have the time to work through it step by step in books, etc. At University, we have a unix server that hosts our files. we each have a login and password to access it. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: patwa
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Commands to copy a tar.gz file from a Remote Unix Server to Local Desktop.

Hi, Just wanted to know, how can I ftp/transfer/copy a (design.tar.gz) archive from a Unix Server (sdmc222.sdmc.cp-srv.com) which is at a remote location, to my Windows Desktop. Obviously, it is not possible at cmd prompt on my Windows using the following commands :- ftp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marconi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy files from remote server (B) to target server (A)?

Hi All, what is the comand to log off the remote server? I have 2 servers A, B. I need to find all files older than 7 days on server B and copy over to server A. My logic is: login the remote server: ================= ssh hostB cd /data/test find . -mtime -7 -ls | awk '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginer0705
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from remote server

Hi Friends, Could you please help me as per my requirement mentioned below ? I have to copy files from one unix server to another unix server, and the files that i need to copy from the remote server are only those which are modified/created Today from abc directory on the remote server (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramask
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare zip files from a local to remote server

Good evening I need your help pease I know there are 2 commands(diff, or cp) to compare files in a directory. but the question arises: 1. can i compare zip files or ive got to unzip them? 2. how can i compare 2 files from a local to a remote server? (is there any special commad or ive got... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from Linux server local windows machine using a shell script

Hello, I need to create a shell script which will copy files - which are created on particular date and starting with particular name - to local windows XP machine. Is this possible.? Currently it is being done manually using winscp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Script to get files from remote server to local server through sftp without prompting for password

Hi, I am trying to automate the process of fetching files from remote server to local server through sftp. I have the username and password for the remote solaris server. But I need to give password manually everytime i run the script. Can anyone help me in automating the script such that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy local files to single remote host but multiple folders using rsync

I'm trying to copy a file myfile.scr from my local Linux server to multiple folders on remote AiX server using single rsync command. Below command helps me copy the file "myfile.scr" from my localhost to a remote host folder "/app/deployment/tmpfiles" rsync --delay-updates -F --compress... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
cadaver(1)							   User Manuals 							cadaver(1)

NAME
cadaver - A command-line WebDAV client for Unix. SYNOPSIS
cadaver [-et][-V][-h] http://hostname[:port]/path DESCRIPTION
cadaver supports file upload, download, on-screen display, namespace operations (move and copy), collection creation and deletion, and locking operations. Its operation is similar to the standard BSD ftp(1) client and the Samba Project's smbclient(1). A user familiar with these tools should be quite comfortable with cadaver. OPTIONS
-e, --expect100 Enable sending of `Expect: 100-continue' header. -t, --tolerant Allow cd/open into non-WebDAV enabled collection; use if the server or proxy server has WebDAV compliance problems. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display this help message and exit. COMMAND REFERENCE
ls [path] List contents of current [or other] collection cd path Change to specified collection pwd Display name of current collection put local [remote] Upload local file get remote [local] Download remote resource mget remote... Download many remote resources mput local... Upload many local files edit resource Edit given resource less remote... Display remote resource through pager mkcol remote... Create remote collection(s) cat remote... Display remote resource(s) delete remote... Delete non-collection resource(s) rmcol remote... Delete remote collections and ALL contents copy source... dest Copy resource(s) from source to dest move source... dest Move resource(s) from source to dest lock resource Lock given resource unlock resource Unlock given resource discover resource Display lock information for resource steal resource Steal lock token for resource showlocks Display list of owned locks propnames res Names of properties defined on resource chexec [+|-] remote Change isexecutable property of resource propget res [propname] Retrieve properties of resource propset res propname value Set property on resource set [option] [value] Set an option, or display options open URL Open connection to given URL close Close current connection quit Exit program unset [option] [value] Unsets or clears value from option. lcd [directory] Change local working directory lls [options] Display local directory listing lpwd Print local working directory logout Logout of authentication session help [command] Display help message EXAMPLES
cadaver http://dav.example.com/ Connects to the server myserver.example.com, opening the root collection. cadaver http://zope.example.com:8022/Users/fred/ Connects to the server zope.example.com using port 8022, opening the collection "/Users/fred/". cadaver https://secure.example.com/ Connects to a server called secure.example.com using SSL. FILES
~/.cadaverrc Individual user settings that can override cadaver defaults. AUTHOR
Joe Orton <cadaver@webdav.org> SEE ALSO
ftp(1), smbclient(1) Unix January 2002 cadaver(1)