Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Plot python script output to file Post 302834951 by newbie83 on Sunday 21st of July 2013 12:47:42 AM
Old 07-21-2013
Plot python script output to file

Hi all,

I`m trying to generate some plots using a python package named splicegrapher.
I have access to a cluster which does not allow X11 forwarding and as a result I get RuntimeError: could not open display error when I use one of the plotting scripts (attached).

How do I modify the script so that it plots the output to a file instead of trying to display it?

I`m not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question, please remove this thread if applicable.

Last edited by newbie83; 07-21-2013 at 01:59 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell output with plot a tree structure.

Hi All, i am in need of plotting graph ( tree structure ) depends upon my shell script output. For this requirement, what kind of open source avail in market. For example: (my script output will be like below ) Parent:A process-name:child-processes A:B,C B: D expecting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
1 Replies

2. Programming

R script - Print legend outside plot box

Can you please help ? My R script produced the attached graph. The legend is messy and I will want it outside the box (outside plotting area). How do I do this Part of the script for legend is shown below: par(new=TRUE) o=-log10(sort(d22$V1, decreasing=F)) e=-log10(ppoints(length(o)))... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fat
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Has Python Lost The Plot?

Not sure if this should be in the Programming forum so placed here for safety... I used to really love Python, but as it has evolved from V1.4.0, (for the classic AMIGA in my case), to its present V3.4.? incarnation has it become less user friendly for newbie and amateur coders? I have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
6 Replies

4. Programming

Python tar script; no errors; no output

This script produces no errors. It also does not produce an output file. Any ideas? #!/usr/bin/python import tarfile output_filename = 'etc.tar' source_dir = '/etc/' #To build a .tar.gz for an entire directory tree: def make_tarfile(output_filename, source_dir): with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute python file, FTP output to another server

Greetings all, We are implementing a new tool called URLwatch which is a python utility. Here are the requirements. 1) Run every 10 seconds 2) Execute the python script 3) Output file gets generated, FTP it to a differernt server I gave no idea how to do this and management needs a demo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need python script to read a file

more data.txt user1:psw1:Moni,Admi user2:psw2:Depl,Moni,Admi I wish to perform the following task on the data.txt in my python script 1. read line by line data.txt 2. Once you read the first line split it using delimiter ":" i.e "user1" "psw1" & "Moni,Admi" 3. split the 3rd string i.e... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to execute python script on remote with python way..?

Hi all, I am trying to run below python code for connecting remote windows machine from unix to run an python file exist on that remote windows machine.. Below is the code I am trying: #!/usr/bin/env python import wmi c = wmi.WMI("xxxxx", user="xxxx", password="xxxxxxx")... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
1 Replies

8. Programming

Python or Shell script to Grep strings from input file and output in csv format

Hi Experts, I am writing a python script to grep string from file and display output in csv file as in attached screenshot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gfUUdfmQma33tz65NskThYDhkZUGQO0H/view Input file(result_EPFT_config_device) Below is the python script i have prepared as of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: as7951
1 Replies

9. Programming

creating separate output file for each input file in python

Experts, Need your help for this. Please support My motive is to create seperate output file for each Input Files(File 1 and File2) in another folder say(/tmp/finaloutput) Input files File 1(1.1.1.1.csv) a,b,c 43,17104773,3 45,17104234,4 File 2(2.2.2.2.csv) a,b,c 43,17104773,1... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. Programming

Python script to run multiple command and append data in output csv file

Experts, I am writing a script and able to write only small piece of code and not able to collect logic to complete this task. In input file have to look for name like like this (BGL_HSR_901_1AG_A_CR9KTR10) before sh iss neors. Record this (BGL_HSR_901_1AG_A_CR9KTR10) in csv file Now have to... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
isympy(1)																 isympy(1)

NAME
isympy - interactive shell for SymPy SYNOPSIS
isympy [-c | --console] isympy [ {-h | --help} | {-v | --version} ] DESCRIPTION
isympy is a Python shell for SymPy. It is just a normal python shell (ipython shell if you have the ipython package installed) that exe- cutes the following commands so that you don't have to: >>> from __future__ import division >>> from sympy import * >>> x, y, z = symbols("xyz") >>> k, m, n = symbols("kmn", integer=True) So starting isympy is equivalent to starting python (or ipython) and executing the above commands by hand. It is intended for easy and quick experimentation with SymPy. For more complicated programs, it is recommended to write a script and import things explicitly (using the "from sympy import sin, log, Symbol, ..." idiom). OPTIONS
-c shell, --console=shell Use the specified shell (python or ipython) as console backend instead of the default one (ipython if present or python otherwise). Example: isympy -c python FILES
${HOME}/.sympy-history Saves the history of commands when using the python shell as backend. BUGS
The upstreams BTS can be found at <http://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/list> Please report all bugs that you find in there, this will help improve the overall quality of SymPy. SEE ALSO
ipython(1), python(1) 2007-10-8 isympy(1)