Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sort, sed, and zero padding date column csv bash scripting Post 302834909 by sean1357 on Saturday 20th of July 2013 03:03:53 PM
Old 07-20-2013
Thanks. I'm using Cygwin bash script on Windows 7. Is this will be a problem?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert a sequence number column inside a pipe delimited csv file using shell scripting?

Hi All, I need a shell script which could insert a sequence number column inside a dat file(pipe delimited). I have the dat file similar to the one as shown below.. |A|B|C||D|E |F|G|H||I|J |K|L|M||N|O |P|Q|R||S|T As shown above, the column 4 is currently blank and i need to insert sequence... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithins007
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort csv file by duplicated column value

hello, I have a large file (about 1gb) that is in a file similar to the following: I want to make it so that I can put all the duplicates where column 3 (delimited by the commas) are shown on top. Meaning all people with the same age are listed at the top. The command I used was ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort data by date and then search by column

Hi, I have a file where data is pipe separated.First i want to sort the file content by date . Then i want to pick up the records based on the first column which should be unique and not have duplicates. NYSE|yyyrrrddd|toronto|isin|ticker|2013-05-15... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrat dutta
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Padding a csv value with 0's

I have this csv file that I would like to sort on the 20th and 21st field. They are high lighted below. My challenge is that when I sort on those fields they are not in order as I would have liked. It seems like I have to pad those fields to the longest value in that fields data. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: GroveTuckey
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed --> sort data by date

Hi, i "tried" to sort data by date. So far, i used sed to take the data from the last and the actual month. Now, after changing the year it is not working properly. i use: GNU bash, version 4.2.45(1)-release (x86_64-suse-linux-gnu) sed -n '/\//p' $Home/../scripte/pd_0.txt y is a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - delete from csv all the row if the first column is length >

Hi guys, i have a csv file like: USERID;COG;DESCR;FIL;OFF user001;user;test1;001;A01 user002;user;test2;002;A02 user0003;user;test3;003;A03 user004;user;test4;004;A04 user0005;user;test5;005;A05 etc.. I need to read line for line and, if value of first column is > 7 char (in this example... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamose
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a piece of shell scripting to remove column from a csv file

Hi, I need to remove first column from a csv file and i can do this by using below command. cut -f1 -d, --complement Mytest.csv I need to implement this in shell scripting, Whenever i am using the above command alone in command line it is working fine. I have 5 files in my directory and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get maximum per column from CSV file, based on date column

Hello everyone, I am using ksh on Solaris 10 and I'm gathering data in a CSV file that looks like this: 20170628-23:25:01,1,0,0,1,1,1,1,55,55,1 20170628-23:30:01,1,0,0,1,1,1,1,56,56,1 20170628-23:35:00,1,0,0,1,1,2,1,57,57,2 20170628-23:40:00,1,0,0,1,1,1,1,58,58,2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Csv files sort by date and zip monthly

Hi, I'm an absolute beginner in shell programming. I would need a script for a NAS that makes the csv files sorted by date and always monthly a zip. In the current month, the data should be integrated into this folder, so there are only monthly files. Thanks for your help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pipo
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to sort a column in excel/csv file?

I have to sort the 4th column of an excel/csv file. I tried the following command sort -u --field-separator=, --numeric-sort -k 2 -n dinesh.csv > test.csv But, it's not working. Moreover, I have to do the same for more than 30 excel/csv file. So please help me to do the same. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
6 Replies
OCR4GAMERA(1)															     OCR4GAMERA(1)

NAME
ocr4gamera - OCR system using the Gamera framework USAGE
ocr4gamera -x <traindata> [options] <imagefile> OPTIONS
-v <int>, --verbosity=<int> Set verbosity level to <int>. Possible values are 0 (default): silent operation; 1: information on progress; >2: segmentation info is written to PNG files with prefix debug_. -h, --help Display help and exit. -d, --deskew Do a skew correction (recommended). -f, --filter Filter out very large (images) and very small components (noise). -a, --automatic-group Autogroup glyphs with classifier. -x <file>, --xmlfile=<file> Read training data from <file>. -o <xml>, --output=<xml> Write recognized text to file <xml> (otherwise it is written to stdout). -c <csv>, --extra_chars_csvfile=<csv> Read additional class name conversions from file <csv>. <csv> must contain one conversion per line. -R <rules>, --heuristic_rules=<rules> Apply heuristic rules <rules> for disambiguation of some chars. <rules> can be roman (default) or none (for no rules). -D, --dictionary-correction Correct words using a dictionary (requires aspell or ispell). -L <lang>, --dictionary-language=<lang> Use <lang> as language for aspell (when option -D is set). -e <int>, --edit-distance=<int> Correct words only when edit distance not more than <int>. OCR4GAMERA(1)