Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reading a file into array
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading a file into array Post 302834701 by satishmallidi on Friday 19th of July 2013 02:53:01 PM
Old 07-19-2013
Thanks corona688

i have this code and it is working fine.
Actual issue is to read input from 2 files by line wise and print them as below:-
Code:
>cat a.txt 
RC1
RC2
RC3
RC4
>cat b.txt

Desired output :-
Code:
RC1 - 11
RC2 - 22
RC3 - 33
RC4 - 44

If i am using passing of file method,i could not arrive that the desired output .so i am trying other ways .Can you help me if it can be achieved in another method.

Thanks again !!

Last edited by Scott; 07-20-2013 at 01:00 AM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading a file into an array

I have a file that is a text file, how to get all the words into and array, i am able to get each line but not each word :(. Here is what i searched and already found...https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/99207-pipe-text-file-into-array.html. This one reads a whole line into... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SasankaBITS
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash: Reading out rows of a file into a dynamic array and check first literal

Hello, i have a file "Movie.ini" looking e.g. like follows * MOVIE A bla bla MOVIE B blubb blubb MOVIE C I'd like to read the file "Movie.ini" with cat and grep and check whether it includes the string MOVIE only with a '*' at the beginnig. By doing "cat Movie.ini| grep MOVIE... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ABE2202
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading from array

Hi, I have an array like below... Table="table1" Table="table2" Table="table3" Table="table4" ..... Table="tablen" I want to retireve the values from the array and need to pass this to a db2 command to create a view like below. the number of values in the array will vary ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
1 Replies

4. Programming

Reading Scientific notation from file and storing in array

Hi, I am trying to read a set of numbers that are in scientific notation into a file so I can do some math on them, but when I display the array contents the numbers aren't the same as the numbers in the file. Could someone explain why? Thanks. int main() { double fArray; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Filter500
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading from a file and assigning to an array in perl

I wrote a simply perl that searched a file for a particualr value and if it found it, rite it and the next three lines to a file. Now I have been asked to check those next three lines for a different value and only write those lines if it finds the second value. I was thinking the best way to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: billprice13
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading data from a file to an array

I need some help with this code below, i doesnt know why it will run twice with my function, but my function only got if else, any other way that can read line and put into array? while read line; do read -A array <<<$line n=${#array} for ((i=1;i<$n;i++)); do print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gavin_L
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with reading column in array

I have some version problem to use this code in my server while read line; do read -A array <<<$line <---------- the server dont read <<< n=${#array} for ((i=1;i<$n;i++)); do print "${array}" done func=${array} data1=${array} data2=${array} ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gavin_L
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading columns from a text file and to make an array for each column

Hi, I am not so familiar with bash scripting and would appreciate your help here. I have a text file 'input.txt' like this: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 I want to store each column in an array like this a ={2 5 8}, b={3 6 9}, c={4 7 10} so that i can access any element, e.g b=6 for the later use. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Asif Siddique
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file into an array

Hi I have a file with contents as below : server | ABC Issue : File System Missing XYZ Issue : Wrong Syntax PQR Issue : Old File to be removed Now I am looking for an o/p similar to server <tab> ABC Issue : File System Missing <tab> XYZ Issue : Wrong Syntax <tab>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deo_kaustubh
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help reading the array and sum of the array elements

Hi All, need help with reading the array and sum of the array elements. given an array of integers of size N . You need to print the sum of the elements in the array, keeping in mind that some of those integers may be quite large. Input Format The first line of the input consists of an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nishantrefound
1 Replies
SSL_CIPHER_get_name(3)						      OpenSSL						    SSL_CIPHER_get_name(3)

NAME
SSL_CIPHER_get_name, SSL_CIPHER_get_bits, SSL_CIPHER_get_version, SSL_CIPHER_description - get SSL_CIPHER properties SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> const char *SSL_CIPHER_get_name(const SSL_CIPHER *cipher); int SSL_CIPHER_get_bits(const SSL_CIPHER *cipher, int *alg_bits); char *SSL_CIPHER_get_version(const SSL_CIPHER *cipher); char *SSL_CIPHER_description(SSL_CIPHER *cipher, char *buf, int size); DESCRIPTION
SSL_CIPHER_get_name() returns a pointer to the name of cipher. If the argument is the NULL pointer, a pointer to the constant value "NONE" is returned. SSL_CIPHER_get_bits() returns the number of secret bits used for cipher. If alg_bits is not NULL, it contains the number of bits processed by the chosen algorithm. If cipher is NULL, 0 is returned. SSL_CIPHER_get_version() returns the protocol version for cipher, currently "SSLv2", "SSLv3", or "TLSv1". If cipher is NULL, "(NONE)" is returned. SSL_CIPHER_description() returns a textual description of the cipher used into the buffer buf of length len provided. len must be at least 128 bytes, otherwise a pointer to the string "Buffer too small" is returned. If buf is NULL, a buffer of 128 bytes is allocated using OPENSSL_malloc(). If the allocation fails, a pointer to the string "OPENSSL_malloc Error" is returned. NOTES
The number of bits processed can be different from the secret bits. An export cipher like e.g. EXP-RC4-MD5 has only 40 secret bits. The algorithm does use the full 128 bits (which would be returned for alg_bits), of which however 88bits are fixed. The search space is hence only 40 bits. The string returned by SSL_CIPHER_description() in case of success consists of cleartext information separated by one or more blanks in the following sequence: <ciphername> Textual representation of the cipher name. <protocol version> Protocol version: SSLv2, SSLv3. The TLSv1 ciphers are flagged with SSLv3. Kx=<key exchange> Key exchange method: RSA (for export ciphers as RSA(512) or RSA(1024)), DH (for export ciphers as DH(512) or DH(1024)), DH/RSA, DH/DSS, Fortezza. Au=<authentication> Authentication method: RSA, DSS, DH, None. None is the representation of anonymous ciphers. Enc=<symmetric encryption method> Encryption method with number of secret bits: DES(40), DES(56), 3DES(168), RC4(40), RC4(56), RC4(64), RC4(128), RC2(40), RC2(56), RC2(128), IDEA(128), Fortezza, None. Mac=<message authentication code> Message digest: MD5, SHA1. <export flag> If the cipher is flagged exportable with respect to old US crypto regulations, the word "export" is printed. EXAMPLES
Some examples for the output of SSL_CIPHER_description(): EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA SSLv3 Kx=DH Au=RSA Enc=3DES(168) Mac=SHA1 EDH-DSS-DES-CBC3-SHA SSLv3 Kx=DH Au=DSS Enc=3DES(168) Mac=SHA1 RC4-MD5 SSLv3 Kx=RSA Au=RSA Enc=RC4(128) Mac=MD5 EXP-RC4-MD5 SSLv3 Kx=RSA(512) Au=RSA Enc=RC4(40) Mac=MD5 export BUGS
If SSL_CIPHER_description() is called with cipher being NULL, the library crashes. If SSL_CIPHER_description() cannot handle a built-in cipher, the according description of the cipher property is unknown. This case should not occur. RETURN VALUES
See DESCRIPTION SEE ALSO
ssl(3), SSL_get_current_cipher(3), SSL_get_ciphers(3), ciphers(1) 0.9.8 2009-04-03 SSL_CIPHER_get_name(3)