Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to set gateway address to a particular interface? Post 302834553 by Naveen.6025 on Friday 19th of July 2013 08:24:26 AM
Old 07-19-2013
How to set gateway address to a particular interface?

How to set gateway address to a particular interface? waht are the files need to update to make it permanent?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP address and gateway info

How can I change the IP address and gateway info on a unix server? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gguzman
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modifying IP Address/Gateway/Subnet in SCO Unix

Hi, I'm new to unix and have absolutely no experience with it. I am trying to change the network setting on the only computer on our network with SCO Unix. We switched ISP's and now have a new set of IP's. I can't for the life of me figure out how to go in and change these settings, please help.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: PBNOSGT
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gateway address

How can I change the gateway address on my sco Openserver 5.0.6. A cisco firewall is recently installed but the gateway on the system is still pointing at the old one. I want it to use the gateway address of the router. Please help. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sshokunbi
2 Replies

4. Programming

how we can get gateway address

how we can get the gateway address. i know gethostname used for ipaddress how we can get the system gateway address. thank u inadvance, sree (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set server's ip address, router, network mask and set if it is an internal or external ip?

Hello, I need to write a program which sets server's ip address, router, network mask. Program also should set if it is an internal or external ip. Maybe someone can help me ? Any information from u is very useful :b: I stopped at .. :( #!/bin/sh A=`hostname -i` echo "server ip address is $A"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zagaruika
4 Replies

6. IP Networking

lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns at same time

Is there a command that can lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns all at the same. I know ifconfig can lookup ip address and subnet mask. I know route -n can lookup gateway. Not sure about a dns command. So I hope there is a way to lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns all at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Default Gateway address question

Hi, Using Redhat 6.1 with all the latest patches. I have the default gateway address but it never gets loaded. I have to add that manually? Not sure. Any idea. Is there any other place which I need to add? /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-em1 DEVICE="em1"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

C program to detect duplicate ip address if any after assigning ip address to ethernet interface

Hi , Could someone let me know how to detect duplicate ip address after assigning ip address to ethernet interface using c program (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Set new gateway for route to internet

Hi all, i have a rhel 6.2 with a default gateway. This server is an Intranet office with no internet access. DNS are already configured and it's possible to resolve my target. My goal is to link my application (apache forward) only to http://mytarget.yyy through a new gateway (That does... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamose
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies
ROUTE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  ROUTE(8)

NAME
route - manually manipulate the routing tables SYNOPSIS
/sbin/route [ -f ] [ -n ] [ command args ] DESCRIPTION
Route is a program used to manually manipulate the network routing tables. It normally is not needed, as the system routing table manage- ment daemon, routed(8), should tend to this task. Route accepts two commands: add, to add a route, and delete, to delete a route. All commands have the following syntax: /sbin/route command [ net | host ] destination gateway [ metric ] where destination is the destination host or network, gateway is the next-hop gateway to which packets should be addressed, and metric is a count indicating the number of hops to the destination. The metric is required for add commands; it must be zero if the destination is on a directly-attached network, and nonzero if the route utilizes one or more gateways. If adding a route with metric 0, the gateway given is the address of this host on the common network, indicating the interface to be used for transmission. Routes to a particular host are dis- tinguished from those to a network by interpreting the Internet address associated with destination. The optional keywords net and host force the destination to be interpreted as a network or a host, respectively. Otherwise, if the destination has a ``local address part'' of INADDR_ANY, or if the destination is the symbolic name of a network, then the route is assumed to be to a network; otherwise, it is pre- sumed to be a route to a host. If the route is to a destination connected via a gateway, the metric should be greater than 0. All sym- bolic names specified for a destination or gateway are looked up first as a host name using gethostbyname(3N). If this lookup fails, get- netbyname(3N) is then used to interpret the name as that of a network. Route uses a raw socket and the SIOCADDRT and SIOCDELRT ioctl's to do its work. As such, only the super-user may modify the routing tables. If the -f option is specified, route will ``flush'' the routing tables of all gateway entries. If this is used in conjunction with one of the commands described above, the tables are flushed prior to the command's application. The -n option prevents attempts to print host and network names symbolically when reporting actions. DIAGNOSTICS
``add [ host | network ] %s: gateway %s flags %x'' The specified route is being added to the tables. The values printed are from the routing table entry supplied in the ioctl call. If the gateway address used was not the primary address of the gateway (the first one returned by gethostbyname), the gateway address is printed numerically as well as symbolically. ``delete [ host | network ] %s: gateway %s flags %x'' As above, but when deleting an entry. ``%s %s done'' When the -f flag is specified, each routing table entry deleted is indicated with a message of this form. ``Network is unreachable'' An attempt to add a route failed because the gateway listed was not on a directly-connected network. The next-hop gateway must be given. ``not in table'' A delete operation was attempted for an entry which wasn't present in the tables. ``routing table overflow'' An add operation was attempted, but the system was low on resources and was unable to allocate memory to create the new entry. SEE ALSO
intro(4N), routed(8), XNSrouted(8) 4.2 Berkeley Distribution November 16, 1996 ROUTE(8)