Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Get filelist.txt from a sftp remote server Post 302833421 by warmboy610 on Wednesday 17th of July 2013 05:25:24 AM
Old 07-17-2013
Code:
as far as i know 
Quote:
Couldn't stat remote file: Failure
mean file not found error. it wont return the return code like scp

But when I check the listFile, it is empty, which means that it does not work (I am sure that there are files inside that directory)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from fileList.txt, copy files from directory tree

Hi, hopefully this is a fairly simple Q&A. I have a clean file list of approximately 180 filenames with no directory or slashes in front of the filename nor any extension or dot ".". I would like to read from this list, find these files recursively down through directory trees, copy the files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fxvisions
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP setting with a remote server - need help

Hi All, i want to setup a STPF setting to a remote server. Could you please help on this. The setting i have done but its still asking for password. Could anyone throw some light on the same? Thanks in advance. Pankaj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: panknil
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the file in remote server using SFTP

Hello, I would appreciate if any one can help me on this. The below script start running at 12:30AM. Every 5 min, i go and check the remote site. If i see filewatch.txt over there, then i need to call another shell script and load the data into database. If i don't see that file, then i have to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
2 Replies

4. Programming

SFTP from one remote server to another remote server from desktop

Hi, I have 1. lappy 2. server A 3. server B Now, what i need is to run a command from lappy that will sftp a file from server A to server B. Please guide me to achieve this. -akash (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akash.mahakode
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on cat filelist.txt |xargs -n1 find

I am trying to find all the files listed in a filelist.txt. Why cant I use something like this cat filelist.txt | xargs -n1 find $path (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonpoint
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP - Get size of file on remote server

Hi, I have a requirement where I need to do SFTP connection to remote server, get the size of the file on remote server and depending on the size, i need to get the file onto local server. Is there any command in SFTP to get the size of the file. I found one in FTP but not in SFTP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forums123456
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP problem......File not getting from Remote server

Hi, We are using one unix script which is using sftp command and connect to remote server and get some file form remote server. some time after running this script we are not getting any file . Could you please tell us detailed validation that is there any problem with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: maheshkumar93@g
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Script to get files from remote server to local server through sftp without prompting for password

Hi, I am trying to automate the process of fetching files from remote server to local server through sftp. I have the username and password for the remote solaris server. But I need to give password manually everytime i run the script. Can anyone help me in automating the script such that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SFTP from remote server

Hi All,While sftp from remote server an error (/) is coming before the file in a script.Please find the below log. The file is on home directory on remote server. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranparsha
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with moving files on remote server using sftp

I need to sftp a file ABC_sysdate.csv (File name with system date and timestamp) to a temporary directory on the remote server and once the file is copied I've to move the file from temporary directory to the main directory with the same name. I have to generate a new file every hour and repeat... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinup
6 Replies
Tree::Simple::Visitor::CreateDirectoryTree(3pm) 	User Contributed Perl Documentation	   Tree::Simple::Visitor::CreateDirectoryTree(3pm)

NAME
Tree::Simple::Visitor::CreateDirectoryTree - A Visitor for create a set of directories and files from a Tree::Simple object SYNOPSIS
use Tree::Simple::Visitor::CreateDirectoryTree; # create a Tree::Simple object which # represents a directory heirarchy my $tree = Tree::Simple->new("www/") ->addChildren( Tree::Simple->new("conf/") ->addChildren( Tree::Simple->new("startup.pl"), Tree::Simple->new("httpd.conf") ), Tree::Simple->new("cgi-bin/"), Tree::Simple->new("ht_docs/"), Tree::Simple->new("logs/") ->addChildren( Tree::Simple->new("error.log"), Tree::Simple->new("access.log") ), ); # create an instance of our visitor my $visitor = Tree::Simple::Visitor::CreateDirectoryTree->new(); # pass the visitor to a Tree::Simple object $tree->accept($visitor); # the www/ directory now mirrors the structure of the tree DESCRIPTION
This visitor can be used to create a set of directories and files from a Tree::Simple object hierarchy. METHODS
new There are no arguments to the constructor the object will be in its default state. You can use the "setNodeFilter", "setFileHandler" and "setDirectoryHandler" methods to customize its behavior. setNodeFilter ($filter_function) This method accepts a CODE reference as its $filter_function argument and throws an exception if it is not a code reference. This code reference is used to filter the tree nodes as they are used to create the directory tree, it can be basically used as a node pre- processor. An example usage of this might be to enforce the 8.3 naming rules of DOS, or the 32 character limit of older macintoshes. setFileHandler ($file_handler) This method accepts a CODE reference as its $file_handler argument and throws an exception if it is not a CODE reference. This method can be used to create custom file creation behavior. The default behavior is to just create the file and nothing else, but by using this method it is possible to implement some other custom behavior, such as creating a file based on a template. The function is passed the full path of the file to be created (as built by File::Spec). setDirectoryHandler ($dir_handler) This method accepts a CODE reference as its $dir_handler argument and throws an exception if it is not a CODE reference. This method can be used to create custom directory creation behavior. The default behavior is to just create the directory and nothing else, but by using this method it is possible to implement some other custom behavior, such as creating a directory on a remote server. The function is passed the full path of the directory to be created (as built by File::Spec). visit ($tree) This is the method that is used by Tree::Simple's "accept" method. It can also be used on its own, it requires the $tree argument to be a Tree::Simple object (or derived from a Tree::Simple object), and will throw and exception otherwise. The tree is processed as follows: Any node which is not a leaf is considered a directory. Obviously since files themselves are leaf nodes, this makes sense that non-leaves will be directories. Any node (including leaf nodes) which ends in either the character "/" or "" is considered a directory. I think it is a pretty standard convention to have directory names ending in a separator. The separator itself is stripped off before the directory name is passed to File::Spec where the platform specific directory path is created. This means that it does not matter which one you use, it will be completely cross platform (at least as cross-platform as File::Spec is). All other nodes are considered to be files. BUGS
None that I am aware of. Of course, if you find a bug, let me know, and I will be sure to fix it. CODE COVERAGE
See the CODE COVERAGE section in Tree::Simple::VisitorFactory for more inforamtion. SEE ALSO
These Visitor classes are all subclasses of Tree::Simple::Visitor, which can be found in the Tree::Simple module, you should refer to that module for more information. AUTHOR
stevan little, <stevan@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2004, 2005 by Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-02-18 Tree::Simple::Visitor::CreateDirectoryTree(3pm)