Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script to modify csv file Post 302833407 by rajamadhavan on Wednesday 17th of July 2013 05:00:16 AM
Old 07-17-2013
This will solve your need. This is a giveaway, but you are expected to make an attempt to write it yourself and post to the forum when you hit any issue.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;
open(IN, "<./dat.csv") || die;
open(OUT, ">./out.txt") || die;
$\ = "\n";
$" = ",";
print OUT "table findhost=";
print OUT "{";
my @arr = ();
my $i = 0;
while (<IN>) {
    chomp;
    @arr = split(/\,/,$_);
    $i=0;
    while($i <= $#arr) { 
        $arr[$i] =~ s/^/\"/ if($arr[$i] !~ /^\"/);
        $arr[$i] =~ s/$/\"/ if($arr[$i] !~ /\"$/);
        $i++;
    }
    print OUT "{@arr}\,";
}
print OUT 'default={"NONE"}';
print OUT '}';
close IN;
close OUT;

This User Gave Thanks to rajamadhavan For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to modify perl script: Text file with line and more than 1 space

Dear Friends, I am beginner in Perl and trying to find the problem in a script. Kindly help me to modify the script. My script is not giving the output for the last field and followed text (LA: Language English). Input file & script as follows: Input file: Thu Mar 19 2:34:14 EDT 2009 STC... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srsahu75
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Script needed for Processing CSV file perl

I am new to perl, and need a script to pull a CSV file, strip out 2 leading columns, and 2 ending columns, and resave the file in a new location. The file is basic and has less than 10,000 records. Secondly, can I schedule perl scripts to run daily? Can someone provide the basic script to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cobbjob
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to modify csv-file with bash script

Hi Guys, I need to write a script, that exports the "moz_places" table of the "places.sqlite"-file (firefox browser history) into a csv-file. That part works. After the export, my csv looks like this: ... 4429;http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite.html;"Command Line Shell For... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sebi0815
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please do help: Perl Script to pull out rows from a CSV file

I have CSV file that contains data in the format as shown below: ABC, 67, 56, 67, 78, 89, 76, 55 PDR, 85, 83, 83, 72, 82, 89, 83 MPG, 86, 53, 54, 65, 23, 54, 75 .. .. .. .. I want to create a script that will pull out the rows from the above sheet and paste it into another CSV file.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajusc
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - need script for modify lines

Hello, does somebody can make script for me, which replace: ąćę ąćę ąćę (input file) to ace;|;ąćę ace;|;ąćę ace;|;ąćę (output file) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xadrian
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read data from .csv file through shell script & modify

I need to read data from a file called "test.csv" through shell script where the file contains values like name,price,descriptor etc. There are rows where descriptor (& in some rows name) are written as string & other characters like "car_+" OR "bike*" etc where it should contains strings like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj100
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate average from CSV file using PERL script

Hi All I have this csv file and I need to calculate the average of FPS. FPS:27.7420, Interval:1314184238772 FPS:25.9798, Interval:1314184242646 FPS:27.4772, Interval:1314184246311 FPS:26.1623, Interval:1314184250159 FPS:26.4515, Interval:1314184253972 FPS:31.5896, Interval:1314184257163... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayachop
24 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Pl/sql function in shell script to modify csv

I need to 1.Open a csv 2.Process the csv i.e. Modify 2 column in the csv. To modify the column the value needs to be passed to a pl/sql function and the return value should be updated For eg: If column 2 E,then E will be passed in database function which will return Employee. 3. Write a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chinky23
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to Convert XLSX or XLS files to CSV file

Hi All, I've got in a situation where I need to convert .xlsx or .xls formatted files into simple text file or .csv file. I've found many options but doing this using PERL script is the best way I believe.I'm in AIX box. Perl code should have 2 params while running. i.e perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manab86
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify CSV file

Hi, I would like to change my CSV file by adding " and : and moving some of the information around. the CSV file looks as follows: 501254424;500440257;PE PACKS;300467279;PREP;;276476070;655031001867176;Two Block;Olga;25/12/2015 00:00:00;Olga I would like to move the field 7 to the front "... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: omuhans123
13 Replies
XML2(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   XML2(1)

NAME
xml2 - convert xml documents in a flat format 2xml - convert flat format into xml html2 - convert html documents in a flat format 2html - convert flat format into html csv2 - convert csv files in a flat format 2csv - convert flat format into csv SYNOPSIS
<xml2|2xml|html2|2html|csv2|2csv> > outfile < infile DESCRIPTION
There are six tools. Except csv2 and and 2csv they don't take any command-line arguments. They are all simple filters which can be used to read files from standard input in one format and output it to standard output in another format. The flat format used by the tools is specific to these tools. It is a syntax for representing structured markup in a way that makes it easy to process with line-oriented tools. The same format is used for HTML and XML; in fact, you can think of html2 as converting HTML to XHTML and running xml2 on the result; likewise 2html and 2xml. (Of course, this isn't how the implementation works.) SEE ALSO
This program does normally not include any documentation in form of manpages. However it has a real excellent documentation online with a lot of example. In fact this manpage was based on this documentation. Please find it on: http://dan.egnor.name/xml2/ref Examples can be found here: http://dan.egnor.name/xml2/examples AUTHOR
xml2 was written by Dan Egnor. This manpage was written by Patrick Schoenfeld <schoenfeld@in-medias-res.com> for the Debian project, but may be used by others under the same terms as xml2 is distributed. BUGS
Bugs can be reported through the Debian Bug tracking system. 7h february 2008 XML2(1)