Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Um, my computer suddenly won't start up Post 302833339 by bakunin on Wednesday 17th of July 2013 12:50:16 AM
Old 07-17-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorsteamer
I don't have a startup cd.
Then create one: download an ISO-image of a startup- (installation-, repair-, Live-, ...) -CD and either burn it to a medium or use "unetbootins" to create a bootable USB stick. Then start from this.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I start a program when I start my Computer?

I'm running MAC OS X and I'm wondering how I start 'nixey programs (not normal apps) on startup? Things like the dnet client and hxd Hotline Server. Anyone know? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: l008com
1 Replies

2. Solaris

nfsd won't start at boot up

Hi Inexplicably, nfsd no longer starts automatically on our Sun boxes running Solaris 9, so that 'automount' no longer functions automatically. The problem first manifested itself when we could not access files on any of the nfs automounted directories in our LAN after one of the servers (say... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcshungu
19 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP 10.20 Won start

After I log ino the machine, a window pops up indicating that I should check that the HOSTNAME is the same in these three files /etc//rc.configd/netconf /etc/hosts /var/adm/inetd.sec How do I change the hostname in these files? Thanks, Mike h (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hutchin
1 Replies

4. SuSE

vsftpd won't start on SLES 10

I recently installed SLES 10 on an x86 64bit blade server. I then installed vsftpd from the suse cds through network services; however after configuring the vsftpd.conf file, the server fails to start: # /etc/init.d/vsftpd start Starting vsftpd startproc: exit status of parent of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave521
5 Replies

5. Solaris

system won't start to GUI it stuck

Hi. I got this message in our sun station and it stuck Setting default IPv4 interface for multicast: add net 224.0/4: gateway pecsun22 but i can still telenet the station... who could i fix this.. appreciate your help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

X Server won't start (Redhat 9) HELP

im running rh 9 on my vmware, i tryed changing the graphics card mode to resize the desktop, after restarting i get a message X Server cannot start. then it takes me to the consol screen to log on, "im new to using linux as of last night" It would be helpfull if anyone can help me resolve... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoteg
4 Replies

7. Solaris

production server won't start please help me!

if anyone can help me here I will be in debt eternaly. I'm in a spot here fearing for my job. I tried to install a new scsi array on our E5500. I powered it down correctly, removed the terminator, connected the array and powered it on. It was taking so long to come up I freaked out and powered... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisAdmin
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ToolTalk won't start

on my AIX 6.1 CDE's ToolTalk server won't start. It says: dtsession: Unable to exec /usr/dt/install/oldrules/dtrmrules.driver. A file or directory in the path name does not exist. How can I fix this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

vftpd won't start..

Hi, I am using redhat enterprise 5.7 have installed vsftpd successfully but every time I try to start the service it comes up with FAILED. Here is the contents of the vsftpd.conf file: # Allow anonymous FTP? (Beware - allowed by default if you comment this out). anonymous_enable=YES # #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: titley100
3 Replies
BURN-CONFIGURE(1)						       Burn							 BURN-CONFIGURE(1)

NAME
burn-configure - create a configuration file for burn(1) SYNOPSIS
burn-configure DESCRIPTION
burn-configure is a configuration utility for burn(1). Burn ("Burn until recorded, now!") is a tool for writing optical media of various kinds. The burn(1) program looks for its configuration settings in the following files: /etc/burn.conf, ~/.burnrc. When invoked, burn-configure will ask a series of questions interactively at the console, and then write a new configuration to the file burn.conf.new in the current directory. This file can then be used for the contents of any of the burn(1) configuration files. SEE ALSO
o burn(1) AUTHOR
Ben Finney <ben+python@benfinney.id.au>, Gaetano Paolone <bigpaul@hacknight.org> COPYRIGHT
This is free software: you may copy, modify, and/or distribute this work under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later as published by the Free Software Foundation. No warranty expressed or implied. See the source for details. 2009-07-24 BURN-CONFIGURE(1)