Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD Problem with installing freeBSD in Virtualbox Post 302832777 by Corona688 on Monday 15th of July 2013 05:12:40 PM
Old 07-15-2013
What reboots -- virtualbox or the whole machine?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing FreeBSD

Not entirely sure if this belongs here but here it is. I am installing FreeBSD, downloaded the ISO from their website, created the Bootdisk. And when I try to boot, I get this error, 'Panic, Couldn't Inialize. Will not continue without Inialization'. I get the prompt telling me that it will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fmarvez
2 Replies

2. BSD

installing FreeBSD

hi everybody i'm now downloading FreeBSD using anonymous ftp...the problem i'll encounter is that it seems to be a huge archive.... I want just install it over a 8 G disk....how can i manage this? thanks regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Freebsd

Hi All Hope this is not going to upset you but i really need help. I'm new to Unix (Brand New) have never worked on a unix system before in my life so please bear with me. I'm in the process to install Freebsd but have no idea how to go ahead. The system that i have does not have any cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunner
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Opera 8 on FreeBSD

I'm a n00b to UNIX, but I'm making much progress. My preferred browser is Opera, and the ported version with FBSD 5.4 is Opera 7.54. Because I lost my opera key, I'd prefer to have version 8 which does not require a key. How can I install the .tar.gz on FreeBSD? I am somewhat familiar with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrgnInterrupted
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help. I have a problem with installing FreeBSD

hi. I am newbie in Unix. I wanted to install Free BSD 5.2.1 to my computer which winXp was already installed. But i couldn't. I chose Standard. Then it said you are going to use dos style fdisk partitioning. Then a window displayed begining like this. WARNING: A geometry of 155127/16/63 for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sualcavab
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem in installing x window on freeBSD 7.0

i have installed freeBSD 7.0 using the 5 cds. when i try to install the gnome or kde during the post-installation, the following error appears: "ghost-script gpl-8.60 aborted error 1 ......." Do u think that the cd(it's the second cd) is corrupted or i missed some steps which i should follow. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solomonml
1 Replies

7. BSD

Installing FreeBSD in VirtualBox

Keeps saying no bootable media found. Works with every other distro. Any ideas? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swathe
6 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Installing FreeBSd 8.1?

Hello everybody, I'm really new to Unix(and new here) ,and I'm looking forward to install FreeBSD 8.1 in Virtual Box on the Host - Windows 7.Otherwise in a eternal HDD.My problem is that I tried to find out step by step instruction but failed to find any such set of instructions. I'm in fact a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blackwhite
1 Replies

9. SCO

Failure while installing SCO UNIXWare7.1.4 on vmware workstation9, virtualbox

Sir I am trying to install UnixWare7.1.4 on vmware workstation9, virtualbox and I am getting the following error FATAL BOOT ERROR: decompression failed For installing SCO Unixware7.1.4 I have created virtual harddisk of size 18GB, 1024 RAM, 64bit video memory, chosen unixware7.1.4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshforu3
1 Replies
DH_INSTALLMAN(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_INSTALLMAN(1)

NAME
dh_installman - install man pages into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installman [debhelperoptions] [manpage...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installman is a debhelper program that handles installing man pages into the correct locations in package build directories. In compat 10 and earlier, this program was primarily for when upstream's build system does not properly install them as a part of its install step (or it does not have an install step). In compat 11 and later, it supports the same features of dh_install(1) and has the advantage that it respects the nodoc build profile (unlike dh_install(1)). Even if you prefer to use dh_install(1) for installing the manpages, dh_installman can still be useful for converting the manpage encoding to UTF-8 and for converting .so links (as described below). However, that part happens automatically without any explicit configuration. You tell dh_installman what man pages go in your packages, and it figures out where to install them based on the section field in their .TH or .Dt line. If you have a properly formatted .TH or .Dt line, your man page will be installed into the right directory, with the right name (this includes proper handling of pages with a subsection, like 3perl, which are placed in man3, and given an extension of .3perl). If your .TH or .Dt line is incorrect or missing, the program may guess wrong based on the file extension. It also supports translated man pages, by looking for extensions like .ll.8 and .ll_LL.8, or by use of the --language switch. If dh_installman seems to install a man page into the wrong section or with the wrong extension, this is because the man page has the wrong section listed in its .TH or .Dt line. Edit the man page and correct the section, and dh_installman will follow suit. See man(7) for details about the .TH section, and mdoc(7) for the .Dt section. If dh_installman seems to install a man page into a directory like /usr/share/man/pl/man1/, that is because your program has a name like foo.pl, and dh_installman assumes that means it is translated into Polish. Use --language=C to avoid this. After the man page installation step, dh_installman will check to see if any of the man pages in the temporary directories of any of the packages it is acting on contain .so links. If so, it changes them to symlinks. Also, dh_installman will use man to guess the character encoding of each manual page and convert it to UTF-8. If the guesswork fails for some reason, you can override it using an encoding declaration. See manconv(1) for details. From debhelper compatibility level 11 on, dh_install will fall back to looking in debian/tmp for files, if it does not find them in the current directory (or wherever you've told it to look using --sourcedir). FILES
debian/package.manpages Lists man pages to be installed. OPTIONS
-A, --all Install all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. --language=ll Use this to specify that the man pages being acted on are written in the specified language. --sourcedir=dir Look in the specified directory for files to be installed. This option requires compat 11 or later (it is silently ignored in compat 10 or earlier). Note that this is not the same as the --sourcedirectory option used by the dh_auto_* commands. You rarely need to use this option, since dh_installman automatically looks for files in debian/tmp in debhelper compatibility level 11 and above. manpage ... Install these man pages into the first package acted on. (Or in all packages if -A is specified). EXAMPLES
An example debian/manpages file could look like this: doc/man/foo.1 # Translations doc/man/foo.da.1 doc/man/foo.de.1 doc/man/foo.fr.1 # NB: The following line is considered a polish translation # of "foo.1" (and not a manpage written in perl called "foo.pl") doc/man/foo.pl.1 # ... NOTES
An older version of this program, dh_installmanpages(1), is still used by some packages, and so is still included in debhelper. It is, however, deprecated, due to its counterintuitive and inconsistent interface. Use this program instead. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLMAN(1)