Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Iterate array using loop over ssh Post 302832161 by mharald on Saturday 13th of July 2013 03:47:52 AM
Old 07-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
Another way around the variable problem, a particularly robust one, is this:

Code:
ssh username@host /bin/sh -s arg1 arg2 arg3 <<"EOF"
literal script contents
that don't even need
extra quotes
or escaping
EOF

Never thought of using it for ssh. I wonder if it iterates all variables as expected. I will give it a try!
Quote:
Also, "${ARRAY[@]}" is a safer way to expand an array, because it splits upon elements, not spaces. It works for commandline arguments too. Also, your loop can be simplified quite a lot. How about this:
Thanks. Your improvement advice actually reflects my running script (more or less Smilie)

I kinda messed up in trying to keep the example script simple Smilie

A nice Weekend to all.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

iterate over array

I can not for the life of me figure out how to iterate over this array { 'name1' => { 'a' => . 'b' => }, 'name2' => { 'a' => . 'b' => } } I want a for loop to iterate through the first element (name1 and name2 in my example) but I can't figure it out. Help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMTheNachoMan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to loop(Iterate) through List with foreach(csh)

Hey all,, I know cshell is harmful:) but I am using this just "to know" - for educational purposes!... not for a long-term use. lets say i have a list.. set arr=(x y z e f) I wanna iterate the list with foreach ,, not with while.!! foreach i $arr echo $i end does not work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eawedat
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array with do while and if loop

Hi All, I am trying to run a do while for an array. And in the do while, I'm trying to get a user response. Depending on the the answer, I go ahead and do something or I move on to next element in the array. So far I can read the array, but I can't get the if statement to work. Any suggestions... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Iterate/Loop Through XML Node List

I need to load an XML file and loop through a list of nodes in it to execute a shell script for each one using the attributes for each node as parameters for the script. Any ideas? Any help will be much appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bradlecat
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Variable being Assigned Values in Loop, But Gone when Loop Completes???

Hello All, Maybe I'm Missing something here but I have NOOO idea what the heck is going on with this....? I have a Variable that contains a PATTERN of what I'm considering "Illegal Characters". So what I'm doing is looping through a string containing some of these "Illegal Characters". Now... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do loop doesn't iterate

I'm trying to send the file list as parameter to another job and execute it. But the loop doesn't work, the inner job is running only once and not twice as expected for filelist in $(ls -rt *.txt | tail -2) do echo $filelist export filelist cmd="$Program -config $configfile -autoexec... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: asandy1234
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh to an array of servers in a for loop

There are 4 remote hosts that I have stored in an array. A ssh trust has been created from the local host to each of the remote hosts. I am trying to ssh to each of the servers in a for loop as shown below. declare -a host host}]="server1" host}]="server2" host}]="server3" ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk loop using array:wish to store array values from loop for use outside loop

Here's my code: awk -F '' 'NR==FNR { if (/time/ && $5>10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":"($5-01) else if (/time/ && $5<01) A=$2" "$3":"$4-01":"(59-$5) else if (/time/ && $5<=10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":0"($5-01) else if (/close/) { B=0 n1=n2; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: klane
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using nested for loop to iterate over file names

I'm trying to grab a list of file names from a directory, then process those files 5 at a time. In the link below. Instead of using files I'm using the files array which contains 15 strings starting with AAA. So I'm trying to assign $fileset 5 of the strings at a time to pass to a command. So... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zBernie
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash for loop array

Hi there, A bit new to bash and am having an issue with a for loop. I look for filenames in a specified directory and pull the date string from each meeting a certain criteria, and then would like to make a directory for each date found, like this: search 20180101.gz 20180102.gz 20180103.gz... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mwheeler12
5 Replies
GET_INCLUDED_FILES(3)							 1						     GET_INCLUDED_FILES(3)

get_included_files - Returns an array with the names of included or required files

SYNOPSIS
array get_included_files (void ) DESCRIPTION
Gets the names of all files that have been included using include(3), include_once(3), require(3) or require_once(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns an array of the names of all files. The script originally called is considered an "included file," so it will be listed together with the files referenced by include(3) and family. Files that are included or required multiple times only show up once in the returned array. EXAMPLES
Example #1 get_included_files(3) example <?php // This file is abc.php include 'test1.php'; include_once 'test2.php'; require 'test3.php'; require_once 'test4.php'; $included_files = get_included_files(); foreach ($included_files as $filename) { echo "$filename "; } ?> The above example will output: abc.php test1.php test2.php test3.php test4.php NOTES
Note Files included using the auto_prepend_file configuration directive are not included in the returned array. SEE ALSO
include(3), include_once(3), require(3), require_once(3), get_required_files(3). PHP Documentation Group GET_INCLUDED_FILES(3)