Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create a directory with previous date Post 302831887 by krupasindhu18 on Friday 12th of July 2013 06:23:57 AM
Old 07-12-2013
Create a directory with previous date

Hi,

can you please give me an example?

Thanks & Regards,
Krupa

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create directory named current date

Since this site solved my problems before, I am back for more (solutions) I down load via a script every day a file that has the same name as the file of the day before. I want to move that file to its own directory like: /archive/jul30 How do I capture the systems date in a script an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flowrats
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Directory create date

Hi, How do you find the create date of a directory? I can see the modification date using ls -l but I'm looking for the create date. Many thanks Helen (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to create directory with the previous date

I need some help to complet the below script: DATE1=`date "+%d"` #DATE2=`expr $DATE1 - 1` #DATE3=$DATE2`date "+%m%y"` DATE4=`date "+%a"` if ; then DATE2=`expr $DATE1 - 3` else DATE2=`expr $DATE1 - 1` fi (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhusha
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create Year directory, date subdirectory and archive the file

Hi, After checking all the UNIX threads, I am able to come up with a solution so far. I am working on a shell script where it moves the files to a certain directory. The conditions to check are 1) Check if the file exists in the current directory. 2) Check if the destination directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a directory using current date

Hi, I have a question, is there any way I can, when i create a directory, put the current date on it so that the directory name will be "name-current date"? just curious (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aric87
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a directory named as the current date

I am preparing a shell script to backup a few config files on a daily basis, with a retention of 30 days. Need some help with syntax/examples: The shell script (running as cron) would require the following: 1. create a sub-directory within a specified (backup) directory, in the format... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FeNiCrC_Neil
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the previous day date and creating a file with date

Hi guys, I had a scenario... 1. I had to get the previous days date in yyyymmdd format 2. i had to create a file with Date inthe format yyyymmdd.txt format both are different thanks guys in advance.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with getting last date of previous month and first date of previous 4th month from current date

I have requirment to get last date of previous month and the first date of previous 4th month: Example: Current date: 20130320 (yyyymmdd) Last date of previous month: 20130228 (yyyymmdd) First date of previous 4th month: 20121101 (yyyymmdd) In my shell --date, -d, -v switches are not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with date, create directory, move to the created directory

Hi all, i have a folder, with tons of files containing as following, on /my/folder/jobs/ some_name_2016-01-17-22-38-58_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-40-30_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-48-50_some name_0_0.zip.done and these can be lots of similar files,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to create new directory by date followed by identifier and additional subdirectories

I have a bash that downloads a list and if that list has data in it then a new main directory is created (with the date) with several subdirectories (example1, example2, example3). My question is in that list there are portion of specific file types (.vcf.gz) - identifier towards the end that have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
Protocol::Connection(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Protocol::Connection(3pm)

NAME
X11::Protocol::Connection - Perl module abstract base class for X11 client to server connections SYNOPSIS
# In connection object module package X11::Protocol::Connection::CarrierPigeon; use X11::Protocol::Connection; @ISA = ('X11::Protocol::Connection'); sub open { ... } sub give { ... } sub get { ... } sub fh { ... } ... # In program $connection = X11::Protocol::Connection::CarrierPigeon ->open($host, $display_number); $x = X11::Protocol->new($connection); $connection->give($data); $reply = unpack("I", $connection->get(4)); use IO::Select; $sel = IO::select->new($connection->fh); if ($sel->can_read == $connection->fh) ... DESCRIPTION
This module is an abstract base class for the various X11::Protocol::Connection::* modules that provide connections to X servers for the X11::Protocol module. It provides stubs for the following methods: open $conn = X11::Protocol::Connection::Foo->open($host, $display_num) Open a connection to the specified display (numbered from 0) on the specified $host. give $conn->give($data) Send the given data to the server. Normally, this method is used only by the protocol module itself. get $data = $conn->get($n) Read $n bytes of data from the server. Normally, this method is used only by the protocol module itself. fh $filehandle = $conn->fh Return an object suitable for use as a filehandle. This is mainly useful for doing select() and other such system calls. AUTHOR
Stephen McCamant <SMCCAM@cpan.org>. SEE ALSO
perl(1), X11::Protocol, X11::Protocol::Connection::Socket, X11::Protocol::Connection::FileHandle, X11::Protocol::Connection::INETSocket, X11::Protocol::Connection::UNIXSocket, X11::Protocol::Connection::INETFH, X11::Protocol::Connection::UNIXFH. perl v5.14.2 2003-01-27 Protocol::Connection(3pm)