Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Backup root disks
Operating Systems Solaris Backup root disks Post 302831493 by fretagi on Thursday 11th of July 2013 05:09:23 AM
Old 07-11-2013
Backup root disks

I am using
Code:
UFS

file system type and solaris 10. Yes I do have another solaris server.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Backup for HW Mirrored Disks

We use SW mirroring (RAID1) using SVM for our SUN servers (which we OEM to end clients with our application on). When I need to make a tape backup for the server (disk), I disable mirroring and perform backup of the entire disk to tape using ufsdump. This process requires an outage and sensitive as... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Non-Root mode ... luxadm to show path(s) for Disks

Hi Gurus out there... I am pondering over a situation where I have non-root access (user account), where I am trying to determine paths (including multipaths) on a host. "luxadm display" seems very appropriate, but requires root access. Is there anyway I can get the FC path information? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: verisund
1 Replies

3. Solaris

root backup

Hi I am using EBS 7.2 for backup. We have to shift server, before that i want to take root backup for all server. i don't know how to take entire root please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sijocg
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Disk mismatch while trying to zfs mirroring non-root disks

Hello All, I am trying to mirror two non-root hard drives using zfs. But "fmthard" fails when I try to copy the vtoc due to disk mismatch. Please help me. --- iostat command shows the disk to be similiar --- format command shows disk to be different :confused: --- c1t2d0 is the active... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingmeback
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/root restore backup exec

Hi we use backup exec to backup our linux servers... question is what if the linux server is corrupted (/root) and doesnt boot up .. how would the backup exec restore /root if the server cant even start? woukld we have to restore to another server then boot into rescue mode and copy across... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: halacil
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Mirorr Solaris 10 5/09 root disks at install time

I'm going to install a fresh Solaris 10 5/09 install on a UFS on a server with 2 disks attached to a SCSI controller and i want to mirror those disks at install time is there any to do this , As far as i know Jump start and live upgrade are the sole way to do this , is there anyways except... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Get # of disks as non-root

I'm trying to figure if there are commands I can run as non-root/non-privileged users to figure out the number of disks. I know I can use format but it needs root. Any idea? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: PPPP
10 Replies

8. AIX

rsync backup root files

Hi, I am trying to use rsync utility through ssh to synchronize some root files of 2 servers. I have a rsyncusr user in each server. I configured ssh with no password. I set NOPASSWD in the /etc/sudoers file: rsyncusr ALL= NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/rsync In order to make rsync able to sudo and be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samalogo
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Root Backup

Hello, In what cases we take backup of Root file system. Can someone explain please. Thanks & Regards, Bar (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav90
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Backing up root disks

Hi ! I wonder if in solaris 10 there is a utility similar to ignite in HP-UX that backup entire file systems (/, /usr, /var, /tmp, /home). I have to backup only the root disk of a server, but ufsdump seem to be backing up individual file systems....only, am I correct? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fretagi
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)