Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Which Folder occupies more space? Post 302831473 by mohtashims on Thursday 11th of July 2013 04:40:27 AM
Old 07-11-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyadhar85
df display filesystem disk usage

du display the actual file space usage.. you can use du.. just look for option like -g or -h to get the desired output.. read man page I am sure it has go some option..
the
Code:
du -H

command drills down all sub-directories which I do not want. I just want to see all directories in the parent directory and not drill further down. Also, it does not show me in MBs.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

space in perticular folder in unix

can any one tell me how to know the free space in perticular folder in unix. size in bytes/MB. thanks in adv. spandu (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: spandu
7 Replies

2. SCO

Root Folder Space Maintenance (SCO)

We have SCO Unix (realease 5.0.5b), Please advise which files can be safely deleted on the system root folder / to create space? These are mainly spool/message/history etc log files. Where they located and can they be deleted using rm? The server has been operational for the past 4 years. ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: othman
17 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trick to ignore space in folder name

Hello All, I am getting error while passing a folder name that has space to the cmd line argument. sh log_delete2.sh "/home/kumarpua/TESTARTIFACTS/atf-chix/ATF-subversion-dev/ssenglogs/A RM" log_delete2.sh: line 17: cd: /home/kumarpua/TESTARTIFACTS/atf-chix/ATF-subversion-dev/ssenglogs/A:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pulkit
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

space in folder name

hi my folder name is below FTP_DIR="/DATA/TEMP/PA Mthly and Qrty files" But when i am using the varaible in my ftp shel script i am getting the error '/DATA/TEMP/VA: The system cannot find the path specified please advice. thanks in advance sam (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating space in root folder

Hi , I was wondering if anyone knows any great ways for creating space in your Root Folder. My root folder was created with only 247.7MB & I found out that its now full & I was initially wondering how important the "thumbnails Folder" was & if it was alright to delete their contenses as I noticed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find the folder with space in name.

A solaris server with SAMBA share folder. The PC users created many folders with space on it, I want to find them out, but not list its subfolders. For example, I have below folders Copy of ABC/efg/xy sa/Test again/xyt If I use command: find . -type d |grep " " I will list 6 folders, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdcwayx
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Space problem writing to Solaris Folder

Hello, I've got a process failure which says it may be caused by insufficient space in the directory. Is there a way I can tell what the maximum allowable size is? I've done df -k and there are no file systems over 45% so if it is a space problem it's confined to the sub directory. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy multiple files with space to folder

Please help , I am in an urgent need, Please help nawk '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){printf("%s\n",$i)}}' filename | sed 's/.*com//' | nawk '/pdf/ {printf("F:%s\n",$0)}' | while read line; do mv $line /images/; done the above script works for without spaces but,My path is also having some space... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umapearl
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove trailing space from file and folder names

I have a folder that contains many sub folders and files. This tree has to be backed up to an archive system. According to the tech support, one of the archives is failing to back up due to the possibility of trailing spaces on file and folder names. Therefore, I would like to have a script... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipertech
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files from Space Folder to other folder

I want to move a folder with spaces from one folder to another. I have two folders like this, 1).RT_032-222 -4444-01/ 2). RT_032-555 -7777-01/ I want to move files from 2 to 1 through shell script.Here I want to assign this like a user defined variable like as Source branch... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansoft1985
2 Replies
NEW(1)								     [nmh-1.5]								    NEW(1)

NAME
new - report on folders with new messages fnext - set current folder to next folder with new messages fprev - set current folder to previous folder with new messages unseen - scan new messages in all folders with new messages SYNOPSIS
new [sequences] [-mode mode] [-folders foldersfile] [-version] [-help] fnext is equivalent to new -mode fnext fprev is equivalent to new -mode fprev unseen is equivalent to new -mode unseen DESCRIPTION
New in its default mode produces a one-line-per-folder listing of all folders containing messages in the listed sequences or in the sequences listed in the profile entry "Unseen-Sequence". Each line contains the folder, the number of messages in the desired sequences, and the message lists from the .mh_sequences file. For example: foo 11.* 40-50 bar 380. 760-772 824-828 total 391. The `*' on foo indicates that it is the current folder. The last line shows the total number of messages in the desired sequences. New crawls the folder hierarchy recursively to find all folders, and prints them in lexicographic order. Override this behavior by provid- ing foldersfile containing the pre-sorted list of folders new should check, one per line. In fnext and fprev modes, new instead changes to the next or previous matching folder, respectively. In unseen mode, new executes scan sequences for each matching folder. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Unseen-Sequence: The name of the unseen message sequence SEE ALSO
scan(1), mh-format(5) HISTORY
Based on Luke Mewburn's new (http://www.mewburn.net/luke/src/new). MH.6.8 11 June 2012 NEW(1)