Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find file more than 500 MB
Operating Systems HP-UX Find file more than 500 MB Post 302831441 by mohtashims on Thursday 11th of July 2013 04:08:04 AM
Old 07-11-2013
Lightbulb Find file more than 500 MB

Hi,

I used to use the below command on Solaris

Code:
find /var/tmp -size +500000 -exec ls -e {} \;

but this command does not seem to work on HP-UX.

Can you help me list all files under /var/tmp and its sub-directories which are more than 500MB in size ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Linux Notebook for $500

Balance 14.1" Notebook Computer with CD-ROM Drive (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

HTTP Status 500

Hello all, sori my english very bad,but 1 month i search about this case and nothing can help,maybe I wrong place but please if anybody can help me about this error: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0 >= 0 at java.util.Vector.elementAt(Vector.java:432) at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredginting
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fill the values between -500 to 500 -awk

input -200 2.4 0 2.6 30 2.8 output -500 0 -499 0 -488 0 .......... .......... .... -200 2.4 .... ... 0 2.6 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to constantly read the last 500 new logs in a log file

Hello, I would like to write a bash script that would monitor a log file for a certain number of logs, let's say 500 logs and when it reaches that number to write the last log to another file. For example, I want to watch the /var/adm/messages and everytime, there is 500 new logs that are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
1 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

for loop (001 to 500)

hey, how do i create a for loop that runs for i from 001 to 500 ? i need that the zero prefix will remain so when i print "i" it will look like so: 001 002 . . 008 009 . . 058 059 . . 500 please advise. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boaz733
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find directories that are not used for 500 days

How to list the directories that are not acessed for more than 500 days? i used find in the following way find . -type d -atime +500 -exec du -sh {} \; but it is listing all the sub direcories of the parent directories which satisfy above condiion.I would like to get just name of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sajuatl
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

wanted to find both link file and ordinary file using single find command

find . -type fl o/p is only the ordinary file. where in it wont give the link files. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
2 Replies

8. War Stories

The 500 Mile Email

Not my story, but interesting enough to be worth posting here IMHO. (Original is here) The following is the 500-mile email story in the form it originally appeared, in a post to sage-members on Sun, 24 Nov 2002.: From trey@sage.org Fri Nov 29 18:00:49 2002 Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 21:03:02... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine first two words ( country name ) into one word in every line of log file with 500 records

United States 1.2.3.4 80 10 1563790914 1 1932454179 1.2.3.6 55517 11.1.2.1 55517 Italy 1.2.3.4 80 10 1563790914 1 1932454179 1.2.3.6 55517 11.1.2.1 55517 India 1.2.3.4 80 10 1563790914 1 1932454179 1.2.3.6 55517 11.1.2.1 55517 south Africa 1.2.3.4 80 10 1563790914 1... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm
9 Replies
DH_INSTALL(1)                                                        Debhelper                                                       DH_INSTALL(1)

NAME
dh_install - install files into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_install [-Xitem] [--autodest] [--sourcedir=dir] [debhelperoptions] [file|dir...destdir] DESCRIPTION
dh_install is a debhelper program that handles installing files into package build directories. There are many dh_install* commands that handle installing specific types of files such as documentation, examples, man pages, and so on, and they should be used when possible as they often have extra intelligence for those particular tasks. dh_install, then, is useful for installing everything else, for which no particular intelligence is needed. It is a replacement for the old dh_movefiles command. This program may be used in one of two ways. If you just have a file or two that the upstream Makefile does not install for you, you can run dh_install on them to move them into place. On the other hand, maybe you have a large package that builds multiple binary packages. You can use the upstream Makefile to install it all into debian/tmp, and then use dh_install to copy directories and files from there into the proper package build directories. From debhelper compatibility level 7 on, dh_install will fall back to looking in debian/tmp for files, if it does not find them in the current directory (or wherever you've told it to look using --sourcedir). FILES
debian/package.install List the files to install into each package and the directory they should be installed to. The format is a set of lines, where each line lists a file or files to install, and at the end of the line tells the directory it should be installed in. The name of the files (or directories) to install should be given relative to the current directory, while the installation directory is given relative to the package build directory. You may use wildcards in the names of the files to install. Note that if you list exactly one filename or wildcard-pattern on a line by itself, with no explicit destination, then dh_install will automatically guess the destination to use, the same as if the --autodest option were used. debian/not-installed Used with the deprecated --list-missing and --fail-missing options. Please refer to dh_missing(1) for the documentation of this file. OPTIONS
--list-missing Deprecated: Please use dh_missing --list-missing instead. If you use this option, dh_install will call dh_missing with that option after it has processed all the files. Please see dh_missing(1) for the documentation of this option. This option is removed in compat 12. --fail-missing Deprecated: Please use dh_missing --fail-missing instead. If you use this option, dh_install will call dh_missing with that option after it has processed all the files. Please see dh_missing(1) for the documentation of this option. This option is removed in compat 12. --sourcedir=dir Look in the specified directory for files to be installed. Note that this is not the same as the --sourcedirectory option used by the dh_auto_* commands. You rarely need to use this option, since dh_install automatically looks for files in debian/tmp in debhelper compatibility level 7 and above. --autodest Guess as the destination directory to install things to. If this is specified, you should not list destination directories in debian/package.install files or on the command line. Instead, dh_install will guess as follows: Strip off debian/tmp (or the sourcedir if one is given) from the front of the filename, if it is present, and install into the dirname of the filename. So if the filename is debian/tmp/usr/bin, then that directory will be copied to debian/package/usr/. If the filename is debian/tmp/etc/passwd, it will be copied to debian/package/etc/. file|dir ... destdir Lists files (or directories) to install and where to install them to. The files will be installed into the first package dh_install acts on. LIMITATIONS
dh_install cannot rename files or directories, it can only install them with the names they already have into wherever you want in the package build tree. However, renaming can be achieved by using dh-exec with compatibility level 9 or later. An example debian/package.install file using dh- exec could look like: #!/usr/bin/dh-exec debian/default.conf => /etc/my-package/start.conf Please remember the following three things: o The package must be using compatibility level 9 or later (see debhelper(7)) o The package will need a build-dependency on dh-exec. o The install file must be marked as executable. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALL(1)