Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Issue with deleting files through find Post 302831167 by Gangadhar Reddy on Wednesday 10th of July 2013 10:39:36 AM
Old 07-10-2013
Yup. I used the max depth option and it worked.
Code:
find ./ -maxdepth 1 -type f -name "*.csv" -mtime +6 -exec rm -f {} \;

Thanks everyone for all your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting files using find command

I want to find the files and delete all the files except the last file. I am using find command , I am sending the find output to a file and getting all the lines except the last one and sending it to the remove command . This is not working. can anyone help me out to do it in the find command... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepaklanka
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting files inside shell script - ( using find)

Hi, I am using the command find /apps/qualdb/gpcn/scripts/cab_outbound/archive -name 'z*' -mtime +28 -exec rm {} \; in unix command prompt for deleting the files in my unix system under the specfied folder. It was succesfull. But when i running this command inside a shell script name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jayaram.Nambura
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

[Solved] Deleting a all core files present in file systems ?

Hi All IN HPUX 11 How to delete an unwanted "core" file with a single command which is being generated in different locations of the system the command should be able to free up the space occupied by all "core" file which is present in different folders and filesytems in a system ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidharthmellam
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find in files issue

So, I'm back with another, pretty much similar question. I've got a catalogue, with about 60k text files. Every file contains a single line of text with variable number of characters. Here are some examples, which will make my case easier to understand: Example file 1. <item id="2506"/><item... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalik
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue while moving files using find command

Hi All, I'm facing this below error when I move files using find command....Please help out...... $ find /home/aa/ab -mtime +90 -type f -exec mv -f {} /home/aa/ab/ac \; mv: 0653-405 /home/aa/ab/ac/MP_060520111245.csv and /home/aa/ab/ac/MP_060520111245.csv are identical. mv: 0653-405... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Find Files Created Recently and Print

Hi, I'm looking to create a script which will find all the files created in the last 24h in a directory starting with a few different letters and send them to the printer. This would be run through the cron each morning to print the last 24 hours files. I have started with this to find all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rab
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue while moving files using find command

Hi Friends, I'm facinf issue while moving large files using find command.I've a scenario like i've to move one day older files from one directory to anothe directory.I'm using the below command. find $src_dir -name error -prune -o -type f -mtime +1 -exec mv {} $dest_dir \; some times... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2mura
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

find . -name '*.req' -mtime +2 -exec rm {} \; not deleting files

i want to remove *.req files from directory /opt/FFCL8001/oracle/inst/apps/FFCL8001_lhrho/logs/appl/conc/log i executed command find . -name '*.req' -mtime +2 -exec rm {} \; but it is running since hours and free space in /opt is same as old 7.4 GB . why it is not removing files ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
5 Replies

9. Ubuntu

[Solved] Deleting hash files

dear all, I have trouble handling the files with the # (ie: #file.txt). I try deleting them several ways, but get failed everytime. Please let me know how to a.) delete them b.) how to get rid of creation of these files. thank you very much, emily (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to find particular files ina directory?

Hi, I am trying to write a script to find some files in a directory Example: if i have files like 2014-02-01_aaaa.txt 2014-02-01_bbbb.txt 2014-02-01_cccc.txt 2014-02-01_dddd.txt and some other files how can i just check to see if there four files exits or not i tried some thing like this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
5 Replies
crontab(5)							File Formats Manual							crontab(5)

Name
       crontab - clock daemon table file

Syntax
       /usr/lib/crontab

Description
       The  command  executes  at  specified dates and times according to the instructions in the file. The file consists of lines with six fields
       each.  The format for a line is as follows:

minute hour day month weekday command

The following list defines each field in the line:

minute (0-59)  The exact minute that the command sequence executes.

hour (0-23)    The hour of the day that the command sequence executes.

day (1-31)     The day of the month that the command sequence executes.

month (1-12)   The month of the year that the command sequence executes.

weekday (1-7)  The day of the week that the command sequence executes. Monday = 1, Tuesday = 2, and so forth.

command	      The complete command sequence variable that is to be executed.  Note that the command string must conform  to  Bourne  shell
		      syntax.

The first five integer fields may be specified as follows:

o   A single number in the specified range

o   Two numbers separated by a minus, meaning a range inclusive

o   A list of numbers separated by commas, meaning any of the numbers

o   An asterisk meaning all legal values

The sixth field is a string that is executed by the shell at the specified times.  A percent sign (%) in this field is translated to a new-
       line character.	Only the first line of the command field, up to a percent sign (%) or end of line, is executed by the  shell.	The  other
       lines are made available to the command as standard input.

Examples
       The following example is part of a file:
       # periodic things
       0,15,30,45 * * * * (echo '^M' `date`; echo '') >/dev/console
       0,15,30,45 * * * * /usr/lib/atrun

# daily stuff
       5 4 * * * sh /usr/adm/newsyslog
       15 4 * * * ( cd /usr/preserve; find . -mtime +7 -a -exec rm -f {} ; )
       20 4 * * * find /usr/msgs -mtime +21 -a ! -perm 444 -a ! -name bounds
	    -a -exec rm -f {} ;

# NOTE: The above line is wrapped.

# local cleanups
       30 4 * * * find /usr/spool/mqueue -type f -mtime +5 -name df-exec rm {} ;
       35 4 * * * find /usr/spool/mqueue -type f -mtime +5 -name tf-exec rm {} ;
       40 4 * * * find /usr/spool/rwho -type f -mtime +21 -exec rm {} ;
       #

# redirecting error output
       0 17 * * 1,3,5 /bin/tar -cv /usr/sysads/smith > /dev/console 2>&1
       #

Files
See Also
       sh(1), cron(8)
       Guide to System Environment Setup

crontab(5)