Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Match paragraph between two patterns, delete the duplicate paragraphs Post 302831043 by vidyadhar85 on Wednesday 10th of July 2013 05:25:47 AM
Old 07-10-2013
you basically want to remove duplicate lines right?

Code:

awk '!x[$0]++'  filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing certain paragraphs for matching patterns

Hi, I have a log file which might have certain paragraphs. Switch not possible Error code 1234 Process number 678 Log not available Error code 567 Process number 874 ..... ...... ...... Now I create an exception file like this. cat text.exp Error code 1234 Process number 874 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushys
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print lines which match multiple patterns

Hi, I have a text file as follows: 11:38:11.054 run1_rdseq avg_2-5 999988.0000 1024.0000 11:50:52.053 run3_rdrand 999988.0000 1135.0 128.0417 11:53:18.050 run4_wrrand avg_2-5 999988.0000 8180.5833 11:55:42.051 run4_wrrand avg_2-5 999988.0000 213.8333 11:55:06.053... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: annazpereira
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to match patterns in 2 different files.

I am new to shell scripting and need some help. I googled, but couldn't find a similar scenario. Basically, I need to rename a datafile. This is the scenario - I have a file, readonly.txt that has 2 columns - file# and name. I have another file,missing_files.txt that has id and name. Both the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathews
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files that do not match specific patterns

Hi all, I have been searching online to find the answer for getting a list of files that do not match certain criteria but have been unsuccessful. I have a directory that has many jpg files. What I need to do is get a list of the files that do not match both of the following patterns (I have... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikos-koutax
21 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using AWK to match CSV files with duplicate patterns

Dear awk users, I am trying to use awk to match records across two moderately large CSV files. File1 is a pattern file with 173,200 lines, many of which are repeated. The order in which these lines are displayed is important, and I would like to preserve it. File2 is a data file with 456,000... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: isuewing
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match 2 different patterns and print the lines

Hi, i have been trying to extract multiple lines based on two different patterns as below:- file1 @jkm|kdo|aas012|192.2.3.1 blablbalablablkabblablabla sjfdsakfjladfjefhaghfagfkafagkjsghfalhfk fhajkhfadjkhfalhflaffajkgfajkghfajkhgfkf jahfjkhflkhalfdhfwearhahfl @jkm|sdf|wud08q|168.2.1.3... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match patterns from another file and tag

Hi all, I have a file , which has 6 tab delimited fields, with $3 and $4 subfielded with spaces. I wamt to match cols $2,$3,$4 of tmp1 with tmp2, ..and then flag the 5th col if found. tmp1 1756 Xerm XermA XermB XermC XermD AA TT AA GG A 1 1763 Xerm XermA XermB XermC... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senhia83
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match 2 patterns together

How can I quickly print out lines in a datafile which has presence of both patterns in a row of another file. Maybe awk can do it much faster than bash. Patternfile ID1 PAT11 PAT12 ID1 PAT21 PAT22 ID2 PAT31 PAT32 datafile headerline... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abh.kumar
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate values in specific column and delete all the duplicate values

Dear folks I have a map file of around 54K lines and some of the values in the second column have the same value and I want to find them and delete all of the same values. I looked over duplicate commands but my case is not to keep one of the duplicate values. I want to remove all of the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajmar
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print match or non-match and select fields/patterns for non-matches

In the awk below I am trying to output those lines that Match between file1 and file2, those Missing in file1, and those missing in file2. Using each $1,$2,$4,$5 value as a key to match on, that is if those 4 fields are found in both files the match, but if those 4 fields are not found then missing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)