Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat CVS repository connecting error in Linux 5.3 Post 302830549 by srinivas814 on Tuesday 9th of July 2013 05:28:16 AM
Old 07-09-2013
CVS repository connecting error in Linux 5.3

Hi Friends,

I configured CVS Repository in RHEL 5.3 Server. But connecting the CVS Repository get the error like.

[root@localhost xinetd.d]# cvs -dSmilieserver:cvs@localhost:/backup/cvs/cvsrep login
Logging in to Smilieserver:cvs@localhost:2401/backup/cvs/cvsrep
CVS password:
cvs [login aborted]: connect to [localhost]:2401 failed: Connection refused

cvspserver file contains the:

[root@localhost xinetd.d]# cat cvspserver
service cvspserver
{
disable = no
port = 2401
protocol = tcp
socket_type = stream
wait = no
user = root
log_type=FILE /var/log/cvspserver
env='$CVSROOT=/backup/cvs/cvsrep'
#passenv = PATH
log_on_failure +=USERID
log_on_success +=USERID
group=cvs
server = /usr/bin/cvs
server_args = -f --allow-root=/backup/cvs/cvsrep pserver
groups = yes
bind = 192.168.0.221
}
[root@localhost xinetd.d]#

Pls help me how to resolve this issue ..?

Thanks,
Srinivas

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem Connecting from Windows base OS to linux

I have a network consisting of Linux Server, Win-Nt & 95 OS. I am able to connect from Linux to Win-NT using either ftp / telnet in time. But it takes me around & more than 50 seconds to connect from Wint -Nt/95 to Linux using either ftp/telnet. My network is small & it hardly consists 20-25... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting 2 linux boxes with COM

hi there! I have a small, probably very dumb question. Is it possible to connect two linux boxes with each other over COM ports for terminal connection? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: D-Lexy
4 Replies

3. Solaris

backup repository in cvs

dears does any one know how can i take backup for reposirory in cvs ?? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
9 Replies

4. Solaris

cvs error

dear all I'm one of the CVS administrators here at my company and i have this cvs error in the messages Sep 18 07:20:37 dev cvs: Dying gasps received from client. can any one help me about this error ............. thanks murad jaber (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extraction of latest files from cvs repository

Hi everyone.. Anybody having idea to get the latest file from CVS repository through schell scripts. Thanks in advance. Regards shahid Bakshi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahidbakshi
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CVS: move part of repository (branch) to SVN server

Hi all, We have CVS server running for few years with absolutely no problems. Because of conditions not depending on me, I'm forced to move some part of our repository to another server (SVN). I need to move ONLY one branch from CVS server to SVN server. The branch must be moved with all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: +Yan
7 Replies

7. Programming

How to create a new file in a CVS repository

I have a coding project that I'm working on, and I'm tracking revisions using CVS. I'm working on a branch (branch1) at version 1.1.2.1. Anyway, I created a new C file in the directory for the project, but I can't commit it. The tutorial I read on CVS said that version numbers will be assigned... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
6 Replies

8. Hardware

Bluetooth Dongle Pairing but Not Connecting (Linux)

I have been trying to get bluetooth working correctly on Linux for a while now. I am using two systems that are having identical issues: Linux Mint 15 64-bit & Ubuntu 13.04 32-bit. Both are using the Cinnamon desktop. I have the following bluetooth dongle: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deluge
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trying to figure out the CVS repository server.

We have an issue where we are able to check out files from unix however not from windows. On Unix I have the cvs host set to /home/group/CVSROOT but when I try and access the folder from windows I get an exception that the server refuses connection. On unix the CVSROOT is a filer and not the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjohnson
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: InstallMedia.

Most of my commands are returning this error on RHEL 6 64 bit: Also I tried installing many sofwtares, but it fails to correctly work. For example I treid installing dos2unix: # rpm -ivh dos2unix-5.3.3-5.ram0.98.src.rpm 1:dos2unix warning: user mockbuild does not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: India_2014
0 Replies
CVS-DEBI(1)						      General Commands Manual						       CVS-DEBI(1)

NAME
cvs-debi - install cvs-buildpackage/cvs-debuild generated package SYNOPSIS
cvs-debi [options] [package ...] DESCRIPTION
cvs-debi is run from the CVS working directory after cvs-buildpackage or cvs-debuild. It uses the cvs-buildpackage system to locate the .changes file generated in that run. It then runs debpkg -i on every .deb archive listed in the .changes file to install them, assuming that all of the .deb archives live in the same directory as the .changes file. Note that you probably don't want to run this program on a .changes file relating to a different architecture after cross-compiling the package! If a list of packages is given on the command line, then only those debs with names in this list of packages will be installed. Note that unlike cvs-buildpackage, the only way to specify the source package name is with the -P option; you cannot simply have it as the last command-line parameter. Since installing a package requires root privileges, debi calls debpkg rather than dpkg directly. Thus debi will only be useful if it is either being run as root or debpkg can be run as root. See debpkg(1) for more details. OPTIONS
All current cvs-buildpackage options are silently accepted; however, only the ones listed below have any effect. For more details on all of them, see the cvs-buildpackage(1) manpage. -adebian-architecture, -tGNU-system-type See dpkg-architecture(1) for a description of these options. They affect the search for the .changes file. They are provided to mimic the behaviour of dpkg-buildpackage when determining the name of the .changes file. -Mmodule The name of the CVS module. -Ppackage The name of the package. -Vversion The version number of the package. -Ttag The CVS tag to use for exporting sources. -Rroot directory Root of the original sources archive. -Wwork directory The full path name for the cvs-buildpackage working directory. -xprefix This option provides the CVS default module prefix. --help, --version Show help message and version information respectively. SEE ALSO
cvs-buildpackage(1), cvs-debc(1) cvs-debuild(1) and debi(1). AUTHOR
cvs-buildpackage was written by Manoj Srivastava, and the current version of debi was written by Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org>. They have been combined into this program by Julian Gilbey. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities CVS-DEBI(1)