Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Configure Power Settings on Boot Post 302830235 by Wrongway on Monday 8th of July 2013 10:34:30 AM
Old 07-08-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Ice
unless there are better suggestions ...

try adding those lines into /etc/profile ... that way they are automatically run upon login ...
Thanks for the reply. I'm looking for where to put these when the machine boots up. Any suggestions there?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot fails after power faliure

Hi, i was installing solaris 8 on sunfire v250 and the power fails :mad: , now it does not boot from cd rom and get the next msg: ð Sun Fire V120 (UltraSPARC-IIe 648MHz), No Keyboard OpenBoot 4.0, 512 MB memory installed, Serial #56338483. Ethernet address 0:3:ba:5b:a8:33, Host ID: 835ba833. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agustincm
1 Replies

2. AIX

AIX does not boot after power on

We have a RS6000, model B50, type 7046, where I installed AIX 4.3.3 But, if the power goes off, the operating system does not restart, and I have to go there and push the button to start AIX again. Is there any way this procedure to be avoided, this is, I want the AIX to start automatically... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sebastia.net
9 Replies

3. Boot Loaders

Reboot and Select Proper Boot device or insert Boot media in select Boot device and press a key

Hello, I have kubuntu on my laptop and now I decided to switch to Windows 7. I made the bios settings properly (first choice is boot from cd\vd) but I see the error " reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot media in select Boot device and press a key " I have tried CD and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot up failure unix sco after power failure

hi power went out. next day unix sco wont boot up error code 303. any help appreciated as we are clueless. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredthayer
11 Replies

5. AIX

IBM Power Pseries Open Firmware boot / VIOS POWERVM VET CODE

Hello, I installed PowerVM IVM Virtual I/O on P-550 but later found out that the machine isn't activated for CoD VET code for virtualization. So when booted , it goes into OPEN Firmware I/O Hosting requires a hosting partition boot not permitted exit called > ok Panel shows > IO... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

TrustedGrub Configure and boot

Is TrustedGrub can be setup and boot on Grub2? I am actually trying to setup TrustedGrub-1.1.5 on fedora-16. How it can be done? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krishan Sethi
0 Replies

7. AIX

System can't boot up after power outage

Hello Forum, I am very newbie with AIX. We have 2 AIX 9111-285 servers. The OS version is 5.3. After the power outage, they did not come up. I try to unplug the power cable and re-connect after 1 minutes but do not help. Both display the same reference code 110000AC on the front panel... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilyn
6 Replies

8. AIX

IBM Power 740 won't boot after firmware update

A team member installed the wrong version of License Code on a Power 740 system used in our Development environment. The system will no longer boot. Does anyone have IBM documentation or experience to share on recovering a system that currently reports "Unsupported License Code version... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevinedailey
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)